IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - RoonReady output mode

vortecjr

Well, I thought we were on to something! I just got home and tried again. In the system output for my (mac) Roon server, I set 'Fixed Volume' and checked 'Max Device Volume'. I set the SOSE to DoP (and clicked save). The signal path now shows bit perfect lossless, but I'm back to just a very quiet static while the track is playing. No music.

Roon 10.png

Perhaps I'm just destined to not play DSD files.

Thanks again

Roon 12.png

Roon 11.png

Roon 9.png

Well, I thought we were on to something! I just got home and tried again. In the system output for my (mac) Roon server, I set 'Fixed Volume' and checked 'Max Device Volume'. I set the SOSE to DoP (and clicked save). The signal path now shows bit perfect lossless, but I'm back to just a very quiet static while the track is playing. No music.

Perhaps I'm just destined to not play DSD files.

Thanks again

It appears to be playing DoP. If you are getting quiet static it seems to suggest that your device does not support DoP. Maybe it needs a firmware update.

Hmm...I've confirmed with the manufacturer that it does, and there's no firmware update available. Specs 'up to 384kHz/32-bit PCM; DSD Native: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256; DSD over PCM (DoP) at 384kHz'. (http://www.parasound.com/pdfs/halo-integrated-manual.pdf). Tomorrow I'll try taking Roon out of the equation to see if the SOSE will send a DSD file straight from the NAS to the DAC.

You can't send DSD256 via DoP at 384kHz. The DAC Diagnostics you send does displays 705.6kHz which would work. Have you tried the dCS selection instead of DoP?

I'll try the dCS route this weekend as well. Not sure how it decides to send files at what rate. The files themselves are DSD64. I've struggled with this for a while, so I'm fine just letting Roon convert the tracks to PCM (I only have a few DSD albums). Thanks again for your help and direction. I'll let you know if I make a breakthrough.

I'll try the dCS route this weekend as well. Not sure how it decides to send files at what rate. The files themselves are DSD64. I've struggled with this for a while, so I'm fine just letting Roon convert the tracks to PCM (I only have a few DSD albums). Thanks again for your help and direction. I'll let you know if I make a breakthrough.

I had Roon check the settings here and they confirmed playback up to DSD256 via DoP with the following settings:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-roonready-output-mode-27270/#post560911

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the static issue on DSD occur once or twice, but it went away one I replayed the track. Otherwise no problems with DoP. Using a Bricasti DAC and Curious cable. You might have covered this earlier in the thread, are you able to borrow a different DAC to determine if the issue is with Roon or the DAC? Similarly have you tried to play the DSD using DLNA? Chances are you could install minim or similar and Bubble on your Roon server, flip the mRendu config and see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't, you know where the problem is. If it does, there's a good chance it's the DAC.

Sent from my VIVO XL using Computer Audiophile mobile app

• 2 months later...

Newbie here in search of some help.

I've had the SonicorbiterSE for some time and it was being used to deploy Roon to another room in my house (master BR ... enjoy listening on way to dreamland).

Previously I had the Sonicorbiter feeding either a Chord Mojo or an Oppo HA-2 which in turn connected via analog to my pre-amp (Aragon Soundstage). I recently upgraded to the Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 with the USB input. The Lyngdorf has a great built in DAC that I want to use, but for some reason I cannot get the Sonicorbiter to recognize the Lyngdorf. It works fine if I use the mojo or the oppo, but they are both connecting via USB-A to Micro-USB cable. The Lyngdorf requires a USB-A to USB-B cable.

I initially thought perhaps my cable was bad or perhaps I got a bad USB-B card in the Lyngdorf, so I plugged my Mac Mini server directly into the Lyngdorf using the USB-A to USB-B cable and it worked fine so it's clearly not the cable nor the Lyngdorf.

I noticed the back of the Sonicorbiter does have multiple USB-A slots and perhaps I should use another slot but that doesn't seem to cure the issue either.

Any other ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!!!

Newbie here in search of some help.

I've had the SonicorbiterSE for some time and it was being used to deploy Roon to another room in my house (master BR ... enjoy listening on way to dreamland).

Previously I had the Sonicorbiter feeding either a Chord Mojo or an Oppo HA-2 which in turn connected via analog to my pre-amp (Aragon Soundstage). I recently upgraded to the Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 with the USB input. The Lyngdorf has a great built in DAC that I want to use, but for some reason I cannot get the Sonicorbiter to recognize the Lyngdorf. It works fine if I use the mojo or the oppo, but they are both connecting via USB-A to Micro-USB cable. The Lyngdorf requires a USB-A to USB-B cable.

I initially thought perhaps my cable was bad or perhaps I got a bad USB-B card in the Lyngdorf, so I plugged my Mac Mini server directly into the Lyngdorf using the USB-A to USB-B cable and it worked fine so it's clearly not the cable nor the Lyngdorf.

I noticed the back of the Sonicorbiter does have multiple USB-A slots and perhaps I should use another slot but that doesn't seem to cure the issue either.

Any other ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!!!

Roon will not list the SE until the SE sees your DAC. To verify if the SE sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove the USB cable, reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the SE and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If your DAC is listed then Roon should see the SE.

Simple solution ... Just needed to reboot Lyngdorf.

Thanks again!!!!

Roon will not list the SE until the SE sees your DAC. To verify if the SE sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove the USB cable, reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the SE and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If your DAC is listed then Roon should see the SE.
  • 2 months later...

I have two microrendus. Both work fine with HQPlayer but Roon only sees one of the microrendus. I have tried rebooting, removing the DAC (Yggy) from HQPlayer, and closing HQPlayer altogether. Any ideas? It's not a huge deal but I would like to have a Roon Zone that allows both systems to play at once. Thanks.

I have two microrendus. Both work fine with HQPlayer but Roon only sees one of the microrendus. I have tried rebooting, removing the DAC (Yggy) from HQPlayer, and closing HQPlayer altogether. Any ideas? It's not a huge deal but I would like to have a Roon Zone that allows both systems to play at once. Thanks.

Roon will not list the microRendu until the microRendu sees your DAC. To verify if the microRendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove the USB cable, reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the microRendu and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If your DAC is listed then you have some kind of network issue unrelated to the microRendu. For network issues you might want to try hard connections to the router for the gear used to check issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jesus,

Currently the uRendu can "see" the Roon server/core running on macOS, Windows and Linux. As you likely know Roon Labs will (hopefully) soon release its own OS named Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK).

I believe that ROCK is Linux-based, as such, will the uRendu detect Roon by default or require a software update to do so?

Thanks in advance,

JoseL

Hi Jesus,

Currently the uRendu can "see" the Roon server/core running on macOS, Windows and Linux. As you likely know Roon Labs will (hopefully) soon release its own OS named Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK).

I believe that ROCK is Linux-based, as such, will the uRendu detect Roon by default or require a software update to do so?

Thanks in advance,

To be clear the microRendu does not see Roon. Roon sees the microRendu when it's in RoonReady output mode, SqueezeLite output mode, and or Shairport output mode. Their operating system is optimized to run on whatever hardware they support. We have our own operating system optimized for the hardware we support. We are a certified RoonReady output device and that means we will work just fine with ROCK.