IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - RoonReady output mode

vortecjr

Native DSD support would be great. Thanks in advance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27581[/ATTACH]

The native DSD driver for that USB module is still under development and moving very slowly. Your best bet is DSD/DoP for the time being at the rates supported by that format on your USB module.

Im soon giving up, i tried every way possible to get sound out from Microrendu.

Now i have Roonready and can se it in Roon.

My system

Mac-Microrendu-Audio Alchemy DDP-1

Cant see IT in Mac MIDI but DDP-1 have locked the signal and IT says its ok.

Please follow this upgrade procedure for the microRendu if you have not done so already:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

The go to Settings / RoonReady and check the settings and press Save. Press Save even if the settings are okay.

Please follow this upgrade procedure for the microRendu if you have not done so already:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

The go to Settings / RoonReady and check the settings and press Save. Press Save even if the settings are okay.

looking forward to know if it works with the awsome audio alchemy. I was very surprised by the quality of all components (dac, volume control and heaphone amp).

Thanks!

Looking for help/thoughts from the larger group about an issue I've been having with my Mytek Brooklyn/microRendu setup.

Here's what I have:

- microRendu connected to Mytek Brooklyn via Cardas Clear USB Cable

- Both units powered by Uptone JS-2 LPS

- Roon server running on dedicated PC

- 24/192 FLAC files being served from a Synology DS1815+

- Roon server, Synology & microRendu connected via Cat5 cables to a Linksys Gigabit Switch

- Latest versions of software and firmware on all devices

Here's the problem:

- While listening to music, the Mytek Brooklyn will randomly switch bitrates from 24 to 32. Encoding rate stays at 192.

- Sometimes the switch will happen 30 seconds in, sometimes 2 hours in to a listening session, with everything in-between and beyond those times. There's no consistency to the song playing or the time the bit rate switch happens.

- If I reboot the devices, things go back to normal for a while, then the problem will randomly happen again at some point.

- Sometimes, restarting the Roon software on the playback control device (PC, iPad, etc.) will help, sometimes not.

Here's what I've tried:

- Reflashing all BIOS on devices

- Swapped power supplies, USB cables, network cables

- Connecting Brooklyn to a PC directly (eliminating the microRendu)--when I do this, I do NOT have the problem--it's just with the Brooklyn/microRendu pairing

- Sent microRendu logs to Roon - they said it wasn't them

- Mytek hasn't been any help at all -- all they keep telling me to do is make sure I have the latest BIOS

I could really use some help in figuring this out. I'm stumped, and frustrated.

Any change is you set max bit depth to 24 in Roon?

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Tried the 24/192 limiting in Roon. Didn't help. This morning the Brooklyn swept through bit rates, starting at 24, incrementing down to 1, then jumping to 32 and settling there.

Just tried hooking it up to a PC again, and it went right to 32, even though the material is 24.

At this point, I think the issue is the Brooklyn is defective. Going to see about swapping it for a new one.

Tried the 24/192 limiting in Roon. Didn't help. This morning the Brooklyn swept through bit rates, starting at 24, incrementing down to 1, then jumping to 32 and settling there.

Just tried hooking it up to a PC again, and it went right to 32, even though the material is 24.

At this point, I think the issue is the Brooklyn is defective. Going to see about swapping it for a new one.

My Brooklyn DAC does not exhibit this issue with the microRendo.

When you had it connected to a PC was that running Roon as well?

There are two things about 32

most software players will convert 24 bit samples to 32 bit samples, especially if they are running software volume control.

Most DACs actually connect over USB using a 32 bit sample size, even if the data is 24 bits. You can check this out in the DAC Diagnostics section of the microRendu web page. The 32 bit connection is shown as 32_LE.

John S.

When you had it connected to a PC was that running Roon as well?

There are two things about 32

most software players will convert 24 bit samples to 32 bit samples, especially if they are running software volume control.

Most DACs actually connect over USB using a 32 bit sample size, even if the data is 24 bits. You can check this out in the DAC Diagnostics section of the microRendu web page. The 32 bit connection is shown as 32_LE.

John S.

Yes...Roon is the playback controller in both cases. I sent the DAC diagnostics logs to Roon--they said all looked ok on their end.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started to experiment with Roon on my microRendu, with Roon Server on a Ubuntu Linux Intel NUC, and Roon clients on Mac and Android devices. One thing I don't understand: how should I set "Hide volume control" on the Roon audio settings for the microRendu? I want bit-perfect transport always, without DSP volume control either on Roon or on the microRendu.

Just started to experiment with Roon on my microRendu, with Roon Server on a Ubuntu Linux Intel NUC, and Roon clients on Mac and Android devices. One thing I don't understand: how should I set "Hide volume control" on the Roon audio settings for the microRendu? I want bit-perfect transport always, without DSP volume control either on Roon or on the microRendu.

I'm not sure where you find that feature in Roon. However, these are the things you need to look at for bit perfect playback:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-roonready-output-mode-27270/#post560911

I'm not sure where you find that feature in Roon. However, these are the things you need to look at for bit perfect playback:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-roonready-output-mode-27270/#post560911

Thanks, Jesus. Did a Google search on "roon signal chain" to find the Roon Knowledge Base article on that little signal quality "light" (now called signal path) on the Roon client play screen, everything is good.

Thanks, Jesus. Did a Google search on "roon signal chain" to find the Roon Knowledge Base article on that little signal quality "light" (now called signal path) on the Roon client play screen, everything is good.

You can find the check box for turning off Roon volume control by clicking on the hamburger in the upper left of the screen, going to settings, choosing the music tab, and to the right of the name of your microRendu you'll see a gear icon, click on that.

You should also turn off background updates and make sure you turnoff auto leveling and mixing

You can find the check box for turning off Roon volume control by clicking on the hamburger in the upper left of the screen, going to settings, choosing the music tab, and to the right of the name of your microRendu you'll see a gear icon, click on that.

You should also turn off background updates and make sure you turnoff auto leveling and mixing

I had already turned volume control off the way you describe, but thanks for the additional tips on background audio analysis, leveling & mixing!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with DSD files...I have a Roon -> Mac mini -> SonicOrbiterSE -> Parasound Integrated Amp (which does DSD)

If I have the SOSE set to DoP, I just get soft fuzzy static while the song plays. When I have it set to native DSD, it plays, but appears to convert to PCM. Is this normal? (see attached) When I have SOSE set for 'non' under DSD, it shows the same converted chain as in pic 1.

Since it's working as 'native DSD', I guess that's okay and really more of a curiosity, but I neurotically worry about the non-bit perfect path reported, though.

Thanks

That seems like an older version of Roon and you should update to the latest if possible. Check that volume is set to 100%. Also, go to Settings / Roon Ready in the microRendu GUI to check the configuration and then press Save. I would press Save regardless.

Yeah, I might be causing confusion in my attempt not to flood the thread with images. This shot, with native DSD selected, will play DSD files, but they aren't listed as bit perfect (see pic 1 in post #44). Maybe that's normal, but seems not. If I change this drop-down to DoP (I can send a pic, but trust me, I set it, click save...) it just plays a very soft static. The 'progress bar' looks like it's playing. It at first seems silent. If I crank the volume, it is just a soft fuzzy static.

So to recap, 'native DSD' plays the DSD file, but the signal path looks like it is converting DSD to PCM. Just checking to see if this is normal or not? If it's set to DoP, I get nothing (but static). If it's set to 'none', it plays, but also shows converting to PCM in the signal path.