IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - DLNA/MPD Output Mode

vortecjr

Can I assume that it can decode MP3 and AAC in addition to FLAC and ALAC files?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, can handle all of those.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling to get the mR running smoothly with JRMC? It works perfectly with Roon, but with JRMC ( running on a PC with a Synology in the background ) it's not great.

AS long I don't change bit rates all is fine, but play two tracks with different bit rates then it hangs after the first track. By hang I usually have restart the mR and the DAC

I can't see any other settings within JRMC I can try, but used directly against my Teac UD

503 I've never had any issues.

Separately even with ROON, it won't play dsd 256 tracks. This might be a dnla limitation as it's fine when the PC is hooked up directly to the Teac via USB

I'm struggling to get the mR running smoothly with JRMC? It works perfectly with Roon, but with JRMC ( running on a PC with a Synology in the background ) it's not great.

AS long I don't change bit rates all is fine, but play two tracks with different bit rates then it hangs after the first track. By hang I usually have restart the mR and the DAC

I can't see any other settings within JRMC I can try, but used directly against my Teac UD

503 I've never had any issues.

Separately even with ROON, it won't play dsd 256 tracks. This might be a dnla limitation as it's fine when the PC is hooked up directly to the Teac via USB

I responded to you in the other thread.

Thanks

So could anyone point me in the direction of a synology based solution that's found to work well. I accept JRMC might be best suited. The Synology , of course has it's own player but that suffers from the same problem as JRMC, won't play DSD 256 tracks and hangs when changing tracks with different bit lengths.

I suspect something's locking the mR, some sort of exclusive mode, which doesn't get released when a track changes

Thanks

So could anyone point me in the direction of a synology based solution that's found to work well. I accept JRMC might be best suited. The Synology , of course has it's own player but that suffers from the same problem as JRMC, won't play DSD 256 tracks and hangs when changing tracks with different bit lengths.

I suspect something's locking the mR, some sort of exclusive mode, which doesn't get released when a track changes

Use Linn Kazoo and this setup:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-tidal-qobuz-setup-openhome-28520/

Splendid. Works well, more importantly allows changes in bit lengths and doesn't hang. Not the prettiest of front end, but still, it works

However, I'm still not able to play certain type of DSD files. The spec for the DAC says its support all three formats from 2.8 up to 11.2 on its USB interface, plus all the usual PCM formats.

From the front of Dac when playing these higher format file you just get the USB ready flag as if nothing is getting past the mR. As I say this isn't an issue when the PC is hooked up directly to the DAC via usb.

From the mR DAC diagnostics it would suggest something is being sent out, as the status read Running with a momentary frequency of 705567 Hz.

This behaviour is no different with either Roon or the Linn tool as the renderer.

Any ideas

You didn't mention which Synology you are using. I'm running Roon on: DS1515+ > hardwire > switch > hardwire > microrendu > Curious USB > Oppo Ha-1. All Roon functions are available and I can play all media up to and including DXD and DSD256 however with DSP disabled and only volume leveling enabled. With those settings and playing DSD256 tracks I see a processor speed of 3.2-3.5 which is right on the edge... but it sounds fine.

Splendid. Works well, more importantly allows changes in bit lengths and doesn't hang. Not the prettiest of front end, but still, it works

However, I'm still not able to play certain type of DSD files. The spec for the DAC says its support all three formats from 2.8 up to 11.2 on its USB interface, plus all the usual PCM formats.

From the front of Dac when playing these higher format file you just get the USB ready flag as if nothing is getting past the mR. As I say this isn't an issue when the PC is hooked up directly to the DAC via usb.

From the mR DAC diagnostics it would suggest something is being sent out, as the status read Running with a momentary frequency of 705567 Hz.

This behaviour is no different with either Roon or the Linn tool as the renderer.

Any ideas

It appears that your device supports DSD64 and DSD128 via DoP. For higher rates you will need to stream native DSD. For native DSD your device needs to be on the list or it will not work. There might be a way to add it, but it has to researched and it will take some time.

You can find the list and information here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-native-direct-stream-digital-support-27418/

Agreed, but...

I hooked my PC directly into the DAC. Using the win 10 driver and JRMC I was able to play all formats using the direct DSD setting. Setting JRMC to use DoP I was able to play all pcm formats but only DSD 64 and 128 formats. As you say DoP is only supported up to DSD 128.

But the TEac UD 503 does support a direct or native DSD.

So given these facts how do I get the TEAC added to the Native DSD supported list? Happy to help with the testing.

Agreed, but...

I hooked my PC directly into the DAC. Using the win 10 driver and JRMC I was able to play all formats using the direct DSD setting. Setting JRMC to use DoP I was able to play all pcm formats but only DSD 64 and 128 formats. As you say DoP is only supported up to DSD 128.

But the TEac UD 503 does support a direct or native DSD.

So given these facts how do I get the TEAC added to the Native DSD supported list? Happy to help with the testing.

The traditional way of getting this device supported does not work. The alternate way of getting this device supported is being investigated, but will take additional time to sort out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I use mR in DLNA mode, MinimServer in Win10 and BubbleDS Next in my smartphone to play music.

Sometimes mR is not shown in BubbleDS Next. I reboot mR through the web page, unplug the power, wait 10 seconds and then reconnect the power to mR but these don't work. At the end I need to reboot the PC.

Can I issue a command to force mR to find MinimServer?

Hi,

I use mR in DLNA mode, MinimServer in Win10 and BubbleDS Next in my smartphone to play music.

Sometimes mR is not shown in BubbleDS Next. I reboot mR through the web page, unplug the power, wait 10 seconds and then reconnect the power to mR but these don't work. At the end I need to reboot the PC.

Can I issue a command to force mR to find MinimServer?

Needing to reboot the PC does not impact the microRendu. Also, the microRendu does not see your MinimServer. It's your controller that has to see all the devices. Maybe it's connected to a cellular signal and not the home network.

Needing to reboot the PC does not impact the microRendu. Also, the microRendu does not see your MinimServer. It's your controller that has to see all the devices. Maybe it's connected to a cellular signal and not the home network.

What do you mean "reboot the PC does not impact the microRendu"?

The cellular is definitvely in the same network as where mR and MinimServer are. I can see the file storage managed by MinimServer in the apps BubbleDS Nex but can't find mR as the player there. I asked in another forum how to ask MinimServer to find the playing device and was told that it should be the playing device that finds MinimServer.

I really do not fancy to boot up a PC, reboot mR and then find it not working with MinimServer, power off mR and then on and then finding it not working with MinimServer, and then reboot the PC and keeping my fingers crossed.

Hence I ask is there anyway to ask mR to find MinimnServer?

Or would you mind telling me how does mR find MinimServer or register in Windows as a client of the MinimServer? Sometimes, I find myself working with a black box being told to press certain buttons or issue certain commands in a particular sequence to achieve Somme results (mR works with MinimServer). Maybe I know more, the problems may be solved readily.

When comparing devices on a few occasions microRendu stopped working. In that case I always have to restart microRendu AND my amp with integrated dac. I think that's because of the dac. Could be my dac is confused at that point. MicroRendu only starts a track when it sees my dac/amp.

Don't think microRendu and Minimstreamer see each other. Both need to be seen by the network. It's your controlpoint that sends the music from one to the other.

When Bubbleupnp sees Minimstreamer and microRendu I can always start a track unless microRendu is not connected properly to the dac/amp.

Maybe this helps.

Synology NAS, LPS-1, microRendu, Job INTegrated, Penaudio Cenya.

When comparing devices on a few occasions microRendu stopped working. In that case I always have to restart my amp with integrated dac. I think that's because of the dac. Because microRendu only starts a track when it sees my dac/amp.

Don't think microRendu and Minimstreamer see each other. Both need to be seen by the network. It's your controlpoint that sends the music from one to the other.

When Bubbleupnp sees Minimstreamer and microRendu I can always start a track unless microRendu is not connected problem to the dac/amp.

Synology NAS, LPS-1, microRendu, Job INTegrated, Penaudio Cenya.

I can certainly understand that when the apps BubbleuDS Next sees Minimstreamer and microRendu, then I can play music. My puzzle remains why after rebooting my PC both of them may be seen by the very same apps and very the same physical connection and OS.

In this link is a setup guide for using BubbleUPnP Server to make the microRendu an OpenHome renderer. The Linn Kazoo setup should also work with your BubbleDS Next controller. Once you set this up select the microRendu with OH in the name as the output device in your controller.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-tidal-qobuz-setup-openhome-28520/

• 3 weeks later...

Using MPD mode on the latest 2.5 release. After the microRendu has been on a while, I'm seeing a lot of rapid flashing from the mR's network port as if there's a lot of network traffic going on. This doesn't happen on 2.3 which I've just reverted back to. Looking at the mapped hard drive that MPD uses, it is doing nothing. The mPad app I'm using on my old iPad 2 now also appears to have a sluggish interaction with the mR. This happening to anyone else?

Thanks

James

Hi!, I just update to Sonicorbiter 2.5 and I'm very happy.  Everything is fine, except for that version 2.5 MDP/DLNA renderer don't playback Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC).  LINN Kazoo complains "Fail to add track to DS".  Sonicorbiter 2.3 plays it well.

My playback environment is following,
(1) microRendu:
    Version: 2.5
    Model: microRenudu
    IP Address: 192.168.***.***
    MAC: D0:63:B4:01:04:98
(2) MBP rnning MinimServer 0.8.4 update 100
(3) LINN Kazoo

Steven Y. from Japan

5 hours ago, steven.y said:

Hi!, I just update to Sonicorbiter 2.5 and I'm very happy.  Everything is fine, except for that version 2.5 MDP/DLNA renderer don't playback Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC).  LINN Kazoo complains "Fail to add track to DS".  Sonicorbiter 2.3 plays it well.

My playback environment is following,
(1) microRendu:
    Version: 2.5
    Model: microRenudu
    IP Address: 192.168.***.***
    MAC: D0:63:B4:01:04:98
(2) MBP rnning MinimServer 0.8.4 update 100
(3) LINN Kazoo

Steven Y. from Japan

I'll see if I can replicate this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-11 at 7:06 PM, JootecFromMars said:

Using MPD mode on the latest 2.5 release. After the microRendu has been on a while, I'm seeing a lot of rapid flashing from the mR's network port as if there's a lot of network traffic going on. This doesn't happen on 2.3 which I've just reverted back to. Looking at the mapped hard drive that MPD uses, it is doing nothing. The mPad app I'm using on my old iPad 2 now also appears to have a sluggish interaction with the mR. This happening to anyone else?

Thanks

James

I'm going to quote myself to bring this back up again. This is still happening. I put the 2.5 card back in last night and updated the software on the card to the latest version.

The mR had been on for a couple of hours after I'd updated it but before listening to any music. The network indicator light was going mental, and my mPod app just couldn't connect to the mR. I could reboot it through the web interface. And then after the reboot the app could see the mR and play music.

I'm not sure if the problem is that after a while of not playing any music, the mpd goes haywire or if there is an issue with the drive mounter looking for the drive across the network. I've gone back to 2.3 again which is a shame because the 2.5 version may sound better.

James