IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - DLNA/MPD Output Mode

vortecjr

This thread is intended to be a supplement to the Sonore Sonicorbiter SE and microRendu user manuals. The manuals contains quick start information that can be viewed here:

Sonicorbiter SE - User Manual

microRendu - User Manual

The DLNA/MPD output mode is two outputs working in conjunction at the same time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23471[/ATTACH]

1. The DLNA output mode works with DLNA/UPNP servers and controllers. DLNA/UPNP servers run on your computer (PC or Mac) or on a NAS serving up your content to the unit for playback.

MinimServer on your computer (PC or Mac) or your NAS - MinimServer

AudioNet on iOS

2. The MPD output mode works with local storage made available via the unit's Drive Mounter application. The Drive Mounter application is installed via the Software Manager. The Drive Mounter application mounts USB drives (Sonicorbiter SE only) and remote SMB shares so that the mounted content can be played by MPD.

MPD is best controlled by Apps on mobile devices:

MPaD and MPoD on iOS*

MPDroid on Android*

*In order for the mobile controllers to function with MPD the controller most initiate MPD to scan the local drive for content and also cache the indexed content along with it's cover art into memory. This process takes time and is a function of the size of the library. This process most be initiated every time new music is added to the library.

Hi,

I have minimServer running on my QNAP. Can i just select MPD/DLNA mode on the microRendu and then run AudioNet and be golden?

Or do I need to go to drive mounter app? In your experience, does running miniMserver sound better than running SqueezeLite?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Hi,

I have minimServer running on my QNAP. Can i just select MPD/DLNA mode on the microRendu and then run AudioNet and be golden?

Or do I need to go to drive mounter app? In your experience, does running miniMserver sound better than running SqueezeLite?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

I don't see why not. No. You can't go wrong either way.

Has anyone set up a microRendu using MPaD as a client? I am currently using a NUC with Arch Linux, mpd & a Synology NAS. Mpd sees the NAS as a shared drive and MPaD looks to the NUC for the mpd database. I assume that this set up could be implemented on the mR using the drive mounting app?(My son set this up for me so I am a bit ignorant on this Linux stuff but it sounds fantastic) I am also using a fiber optic link to the NUC with FMC's.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

I don't see why not. No. You can't go wrong either way.

thank you very much for the help.

I apologize, it wasn't quite clear to me in the instructions that one doesn't need to install the drive mounter app if one just wants to run miniMserver. This is truly an amazing device, and I'm so happy that I waited to replace my broken Mac Mini with this...

Cheers,

Has anyone set up a microRendu using MPaD as a client? I am currently using a NUC with Arch Linux, mpd & a Synology NAS. Mpd sees the NAS as a shared drive and MPaD looks to the NUC for the mpd database. I assume that this set up could be implemented on the mR using the drive mounting app?(My son set this up for me so I am a bit ignorant on this Linux stuff but it sounds fantastic) I am also using a fiber optic link to the NUC with FMC's.

You can do that with the microRendu. Have a look at this link: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonore-sonicorbiter-se-microrendu-drive-mounter-27417/

50/50 chance the optical link will work based on customer feedback.

I got my microRendu a couple of days ago and control it with Bubble upnp app on Android. But I have some problems, with Tidal it skips songs in the middle of a song, this never happened with my Chromecast. Also if I play internetradio via Xiialive through Bubble i get dropouts and this also never happened with Chromecast.

Is there some settings in Bubble that I can change or anything else that can be wrong.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
I got my microRendu a couple of days ago and control it with Bubble upnp app on Android. But I have some problems, with Tidal it skips songs in the middle of a song, this never happened with my Chromecast. Also if I play internetradio via Xiialive through Bubble i get dropouts and this also never happened with Chromecast.

Is there some settings in Bubble that I can change or anything else that can be wrong.

Update the unit from the GUI. Then re-select the MPD/DLNA output mode from the Audio App Switcher.

Ok, I will try this and play some more music tomorrow and see if it is better.

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system

I updated the mR from the GUI but it still skips songs on Tidal and from Xiialive through Bubble it is still the same problems. As this never happened with my Chromecast I asume it has something to do with the mR.

Main system

Second system
I updated the mR from the GUI but it still skips songs on Tidal and from Xiialive through Bubble it is still the same problems. As this never happened with my Chromecast I asume it has something to do with the mR.

Not necessarily. You're the first one to report such an issue, so it is likely isolated to your specific setup. Run through your settings again as Chromecast uses a different protocol than DLNA/UPnP.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Ok, but I really dont know what settings to change in Bubble to avoid this.

Main system

Second system
Ok, but I really dont know what settings to change in Bubble to avoid this.

I was thinking wider than that. Think network too.

As an aside, the issue you describe sounds a bit like a bug i once reported on the Windows Tidal client. In hifi mode, it would cut off songs longer than 3 1/2 minutes. Your Xialive issue sounds like bad internet.

Do you have any other streaming services you can use and test with (Spotify, Deezer, Qobuz)? What about other radio stations? Some radio stations broadcast in multiple quality levels. Try and compare best to worst. If worst works, then there is a bandwidth issue somewhere. What happens if you lower the Tidal settings to stream lossy? Perhaps you use QoS on your home network and it is throttling UPnP?

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

I have no problem with anything else streaming in my house, both Tidal and Xiialive works ok with everything else only when I use Bubble to the MicroRendu.

I tried to run it as openhome and installed Bubble server on the microRendu and at first Tidal was ok but after a couple of songs it started skipping again.

Main system

Second system
I have no problem with anything else streaming in my house, both Tidal and Xiialive works ok with everything else only when I use Bubble to the MicroRendu.

I tried to run it as openhome and installed Bubble server on the microRendu and at first Tidal was ok but after a couple of songs it started skipping again.

Post some screenshots of your settings. Black out any personal info.

Is there any specific thing in Bubble you want to see? I asume the problem is there.

Main system

Second system

I am playing back with JRMC via DLNA and a Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse, Above 44.1k I am getting dropouts, the higher the sample rate the more dropouts. My guess is I need a larger buffer but I don't see where to increase it. In JRMC I have Media Network setup per the example at www.rendu.sonore.us/Sonore-JRiver-Setup.png and I can see nothing to help in the uR UI. ROON playback has no dropouts. Before installing my uR JRMC played back without dropouts.

Any suggestions?

I am playing back with JRMC via DLNA and a Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse, Above 44.1k I am getting dropouts, the higher the sample rate the more dropouts. My guess is I need a larger buffer but I don't see where to increase it. In JRMC I have Media Network setup per the example at www.rendu.sonore.us/Sonore-JRiver-Setup.png and I can see nothing to help in the uR UI. ROON playback has no dropouts. Before installing my uR JRMC played back without dropouts.

Any suggestions?

Increasing buffer on the unit will not help it deal with a broken signal coming into it over the network. Can describe the network to me from the unit all the way back to the router.

You can also check these settings:

Rendu JRiver setup with DoP

Rendu JRiver setup with DSD2PCM conversion

Increasing buffer on the unit will not help it deal with a broken signal coming into it over the network. Can describe the network to me from the unit all the way back to the router.

You can also check these settings:

Rendu JRiver setup with DoP

Rendu JRiver setup with DSD2PCM conversion

My uR and router (Asus RT-N66U) are connected to a switch (Cisco SG200-26). The uR on a generic cat5e and the router on a Blue Jeans Cable cat6. JRMC is setup per Rendu JRiver setup with DoP in #1 post of this thread.

My uR and router (Asus RT-N66U) are connected to a switch (Cisco SG200-26). The uR on a generic cat5e and the router on a Blue Jeans Cable cat6. JRMC is setup per Rendu JRiver setup with DoP in #1 post of this thread.

This setup should work. By any chance is Roon running on this machine as well? You may also want to rule out the switch by connecting things directly to your router.

Your cisco is a so-called smart switch. Check its config as there is something there throttling the network port.

Has anyone been successfull with DLNA and a NAD M51 Dac using J River as the player ? I'm in the process of rebuilding a computer and won't have a chance to try for a few days, but as the NAD M51 has issues with mR, I was wondering if anyone had tried this setup and got it to work

MS Windows 10, Cary 120S & D-Sonic M3-2800 amp, Marantz av8801, NAD M51,

Basis 1400 TT, Dahlquist DQ-10's & Monitor audio RX ( ctr,surr, rear RX6's) ,

1 - 12" & 1 dual RBH sub, Acoustic Revive RTP-6 conditioner, Panasonic GT50

Has anyone been successfull with DLNA and a NAD M51 Dac using J River as the player ? I'm in the process of rebuilding a computer and won't have a chance to try for a few days, but as the NAD M51 has issues with mR, I was wondering if anyone had tried this setup and got it to work

I don't have feedback on this from customers yet.