IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - DLNA/MPD Output Mode

vortecjr

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Jesus,

Could you please push me in the right direction regarding proper cover art setting (yes, again :) ) 

Here are necessary symptoms:

Device: mRendu (IP=192.168.1.118)

Output mode: MPD

Management SW: Cantata 2.0.1 (OS X), MPDroid 1.07.2 (android)

Cover name: folder.jpg

Cantata=MPDroid setting (music folder or link to cover art): http://192.168.1.118/music/

Problem description: with SW2.3 everything is working fine with above mentioned setting.

With SW2.5 covers are not loaded.

SW2.3 and SW2.5 settings you could see below.

Question: What are the right setting for cover-art loading in SW2.5?

Note: In SW2.5 mounting point was changed. Moreover, in SW2.5 SMB is not installed by default. You have to install it through Apps (in SW2.3 it was installed "from the factory"). Could be a reason??

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 22.21.00.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 20.28.57.png

12 hours ago, paulinus said:

Tried, but it is not working either :(

What program you are using where cover art working fine with SW2.5 ?

I only use DLNA streaming via upmpdcli/MPD. Once we got that going is was the turning point for me. It's really the best of both worlds. Anyway, we will look into your issue and get back to you when we know more. 

I had forgotten how to do all this so I had to learn it again:) I just tired this with files in the nas folder via the SMB mount. It should also work with files in the flac folder.  

Local cover art URL: http://your-units-ip-address/music

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,  I use Ultrarendu now with a dac with hardware volume. To use the hardware volume with bubble-up,  mpd.conf  has to be changed. 

mixer_type      "hardware"
mixer_control   "PCM"
mixer_device    "default"
mixer_index     "0"

Is root acces available to make such changes to mpd.conf? 

If not, can i provide working MDP.conf parameters and get a custom image for my DAC?

Thank you,

Hs  

4 hours ago, Hybride said:

Hi,  I use Ultrarendu now with a dac with hardware volume. To use the hardware volume with bubble-up,  mpd.conf  has to be changed. 

mixer_type      "hardware"
mixer_control   "PCM"
mixer_device    "default"
mixer_index     "0"

Is root acces available to make such changes to mpd.conf? 

If not, can i provide working MDP.conf parameters and get a custom image for my DAC?

Thank you,

Hs  

You can select hardware volume from Settings / MPD/DLNA. Select it and press Save.

22 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You can select hardware volume from Settings / MPD/DLNA. Select it and press Save.

I don't see this anywhere, how come?

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 5.28.14 PM.png

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

• 4 months later...

Hey Jesus, ever consider putting native Openhome support and settings directly into your DLNA output mode? I have 3 renderers in my home, 2 Rendus and 1 competitor (that shall remain unnamed) - the competitor puts the Openhome setup right in their main DLNA config now, and it's lightning quick and reliable (using the same BubbleUPNP control app on my Android). Running the BubbleUPNP server plugin on the Rendus I find very sluggish (seems even slower over the last 6 months for some reason) and prone to many quirks and lockups.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, vortecjr said:

Post the new M3U file for other to see the correction. 

Better late than never...

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[BNR;mp3] BNR Nieuwsradio, 96kb
http://bnr.cdp.triple-it.nl/playlists/bnr_mp3_96_06.pls

#EXTINF:-1,[Radio538;mp3] Radio 538, 128kb
http://19073.live.streamtheworld.com/RADIO538.mp3

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

• 1 month later...

Thanks Jesus.

I started having problems regaining control of A+ after switching back to mpd/dlna from shareport. I noticed that I had unchecked compatibility mode at some point. Hopefully, that cures my problem.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

6 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

Thanks Jesus.

I started having problems regaining control of A+ after switching back to mpd/dlna from shareport. I noticed that I had unchecked compatibility mode at some point. Hopefully, that cures my problem.

Yes, that is what you need to do for A+.