IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SqueezeLite output mode

vortecjr

So MicroRendu and Rendu-00978d are both players ? pls explain.

Never mind the player question. You should only have 1 player listed. Replicate what I did before and see what happens:

I tried it here with LMS and the microRendu disappears from LMS (as it should) when I switch from SqueezeLite output to RoonReady output. Access LMS via your iPad's browser...it's the <IP Address of LMS>:9000. When you get that working try a local radio station so you can see that the microRendu is functioning properly.

Hi all, after 2 weeks off, I came and faced a weird issue: I can't run squeezelite. As soon as I refresh the AudioAppSwitcher after selecting squeezelite, the service has the status "Stopped".

I've uninstalled all other apps, reinstalled squeezelite only, forced a microrendu upgrade, rebooted the device, but nothing ...

I have the logs below when installing squeezelite. I'd appreciate if anyone can help me sorting out this bug.

PS: other apps run fine.

Package install in progress... ================================================================================

Package Arch Version Repository Size

================================================================================

Installing:

squeezelite armv7hl 1:1.8.0-33.git8b8dfe6.fc22 sonicorbiter 116 k

Transaction Summary

================================================================================

Install 1 Package

Total download size: 116 k

Installed size: 143 k

Downloading Packages:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 13 kB/s | 116 kB 00:09

Running transaction check

Transaction check succeeded.

Running transaction test

Transaction test succeeded.

Running transaction

Installing : squeezelite-1:1.8.0-33.git8b8dfe6.fc22.armv7hl 1/1

Invalid card number.

Invalid card number.

Invalid card number.

/usr/sbin/alsactl: save_state:1595: No soundcards found...

Verifying : squeezelite-1:1.8.0-33.git8b8dfe6.fc22.armv7hl 1/1

Installed:

squeezelite.armv7hl 1:1.8.0-33.git8b8dfe6.fc22

Complete!

Invalid card number.

Invalid card number.

Invalid card number.

Back to Package Manager

Edit: issue solved once the DAC is visible from mR ...

Synology 1515+ --> micro rendu 1.3/LPS-1 --> Singxer KTE SU-1 --> I2S --> Holo Spring DAC KTE Level3 --> WA5 --> Focal Utopia, Mr Speaker Ether Flow C, ZMF Eikon

Hi all, after 2 weeks off, I came and faced a weird issue: I can't run squeezelite. As soon as I refresh the AudioAppSwitcher after selecting squeezelite, the service has the status "Stopped".

I've uninstalled all other apps, reinstalled squeezelite only, forced a microrendu upgrade, rebooted the device, but nothing ...

I have the logs below when installing squeezelite. I'd appreciate if anyone can help me sorting out this bug.

PS: other apps run fine.

Package install in progress... ================================================================================

Package Arch Version Repository Size

Installing:

squeezelite armv7hl 1:1.8.0-33.git8b8dfe6.fc22 sonicorbiter 116 k

Transaction Summary

Install 1 Package

Total download size: 116 k

Installed size: 143 k

Downloading Packages:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 13 kB/s | 116 kB 00:09

Running transaction check

Transaction check succeeded.

Running transaction test

Transaction test succeeded.

Running transaction

Installing : squeezelite-1:1.8.0-33.git8b8dfe6.fc22.armv7hl 1/1

Invalid card number.

Invalid card number.

Invalid card number.

Verifying : squeezelite-1:1.8.0-33.git8b8dfe6.fc22.armv7hl 1/1

Installed:

squeezelite.armv7hl 1:1.8.0-33.git8b8dfe6.fc22

Complete!

Invalid card number.

Invalid card number.

Invalid card number.

Back to Package Manager

Edit: issue solved once the DAC is visible from mR ...

Don't know what your issue is but what I recommend is to reboot the uRendu before you try other solutions. It could be that easy a solution.

Don't know what your issue is but what I recommend is to reboot the uRendu before you try other solutions. It could be that easy a solution.

Almost as easy. Basically it seems that squeezelite app stops automatically if no dac is detected by mR, that was the root cause of my problem. Solved.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Synology 1515+ --> micro rendu 1.3/LPS-1 --> Singxer KTE SU-1 --> I2S --> Holo Spring DAC KTE Level3 --> WA5 --> Focal Utopia, Mr Speaker Ether Flow C, ZMF Eikon

Almost as easy. Basically it seems that squeezelite app stops automatically if no dac is detected by mR, that was the root cause of my problem. Solved.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

This is correct. RoonReady also behaves in a similar way.

PS I'm moving this post to the SqueezeLite thread.

My holiday visitors & wife all use Spotify. My mR has been happily running for months in DLNA/MPD mode with Lumin as iPad control app and my library on Synology NAS running minimserver. What is the simplest way to get their Spotify music playing through my mR, ideally with their network connected phones or using my iPad as Spotify controller? For the short run, minimizing setup changes is higher priority than ultimate sound quality. Thanks.

Ignore this paragraph unless you were going to suggest LMS as the answer to question above...

I've seen past posts pointing to LMS mode and playing Spotify through Logitech Media Server. With LMS on my iPad and them logging in to their Spotify accounts on iPad is this a good route? If so I can leave my mR in Squeezelite mode while everyone is visiting. I just tried setting up Squeezelite mode on my mR , and I am confused as Squeezelite vs. Logitech Media Server settings and how to correctly specify in LMS settings the path to my library on Synology. It does play internet radio using iPad Squeezebox as controller. I see two libraries listed on the Squeezebox app "Synology" & "rendu-009778" but neither one shows the tracks in my library.

When I open the Spotify app on the iPad and login to my wife's premium Spotify account the

"SETTINGS>Devices>Connect to a Device "doesn't let me add the rendu as a device.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

I am running Logitech Media Server on a QNAP TS-251+ and there seems to be a package to install LMS on a Synology NAS. There are many LMS plugins for Spotify and the one from Logitech is installed by default. For control I am using Orange Squeeze on Android and I think Spotify is supported. The main configuration of LMS is in the LMS settings on the server.

So using D_elm's suggestion, I downloaded and ran LMS on my Synology, set mode on the mR app switcher, let it scan my library and got MY MUSIC playing fine through mR via the Logitech Squeeze Controller app on my iPad. I then created a "Device password" in my wife's Spotify account, and was able to get the LSC app to see her Spotify account including playlists etc. But when I choose any Spotify content to play I get "Problem: Unable to play file type". I've toggled the setting for high & low playback bitrate, but get that same error message when I play any song on Spotify. Any suggestions?

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

I am running Logitech Media Server on a QNAP TS-251+ and there seems to be a package to install LMS on a Synology NAS. server.

Apologies if I'm popping off topic, - but do you know which version of LMS that I'd install from the 7.9 group of "beta" installs of LMS would go on the QNAP 251+ for Linux Station/Ubuntu 14.1??

Many thanks in advance....

Cheers,

D_Elm thanks it worked. I had a couple of headscratchers until I went back into the LMS setup page via the Synology Package Station link, scrolled down the page after selecting "settings" again on the far right side of the row for Spotify on the plugins page and then scrolled down again until I saw a checkbox to accept info sharing between the 3rd party & Spotify. Clicking apply then led to an options page where I added userid/pswd again, etc. After closing all that, I rebooted the mR and then when back to Appswitcher and saw that Squeezelite had stopped. Restarted that, and then everything plays great.

Look out, here comes Wham! AND at low rez! Happy holidays.

Apologies if I'm popping off topic, - but do you know which version of LMS that I'd install from the 7.9 group of "beta" installs of LMS would go on the QNAP 251+ for Linux Station/Ubuntu 14.1??

I installed LMS 7.9 on Ubuntu 4.1.2-16 using the instructions at URL

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&hilit=lms%207.9&p=488234&t=111583&sid=3ccb0a776fd70e00cc73138f642a89f6

You must register with the QNAP NAS Community Forum to access.

I installed LMS 7.9 on Ubuntu 4.1.2-16 using the instructions at URL

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&hilit=lms%207.9&p=488234&t=111583&sid=3ccb0a776fd70e00cc73138f642a89f6

You must register with the QNAP NAS Community Forum to access.

Hi, I'm registered there, saw that post, and it doesn't help...... Which of these versions?

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Logitech Media Server: Debian Installer Package (i386, x86_64, ARM EABI, PowerPC)[/TD]

[TD=align: left]logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1482214309_all.deb[/TD]

[TD=align: center]140.98 MB[/TD]

[TD]December 20 2016 07:05[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Logitech Media Server: Debian Installer Package (x86_64)[/TD]

[TD=align: left]logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1482214309_amd64.deb[/TD]

[TD=align: center]51.35 MB[/TD]

[TD]December 20 2016 06:32[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Logitech Media Server: Debian Installer Package (ARM)[/TD]

[TD=align: left]logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1482214309_arm.deb[/TD]

[TD=align: center]49.60 MB[/TD]

[TD]December 20 2016 06:40[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Logitech Media Server: Debian Installer Package (i386)[/TD]

[TD=align: left]logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1482214309_i386.deb[/TD]

[TD=align: center]59.33 MB[/TD]

[TD]December 20 2016 06:50[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thanks....

My library is organized mainly using AlbumArtist, which works great with Lumin/DLNA mode. Now that I am trying LMS/Squeezelite mode I see lots of multiples/variations in Artist view mode since some albums contain Artist metadata "Allman Brothers", The Allman Brothers", "Allman Brothers Band", & "The Allman Brothers Band". I thought the setting on the MY MUSIC tab to ignore "The El La Los Las Le Les" would eliminate 2 of those.

I have the AlbumArtist metadata set to "Allman Brothers" on all these albums & all their tracks. With Lumin, everything is shown under "Allman Brothers" as I prefer. Is there a way to change LMS settings and/or Squeezebox app on iPad to do this? Will Ipeng for iPad do it?

With this exception, Squeezelite mode is a fine alternative although I haven't had a chance to do a serious sound quality comparison vs. DLNA mode.

In LMS settings/my music/browse artists try with selection "Treat TPE2 MP3 tag as ALbum Artist".Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Yes, I've already done that in my initial setup.

• 2 weeks later...
You can run LMS right in the microRendu. We have done all the work and all you ned to do is install it:)

I have Squeezelite installed on the uRendu and Squeezebox server on the Synology NAS.

Do I have to install Squeezebox Server on the Rendu? Is that a better alternative than the Sever on the NAS?

I have Squeezelite installed on the uRendu and Squeezebox server on the Synology NAS.

Do I have to install Squeezebox Server on the Rendu? Is that a better alternative than the Sever on the NAS?

You don't have to install Logitech Media Server. You could in order to take advantage of it's network streaming services or for local playback.