IGNORED

PCM-optimised Melody Media M-CR611 (MSRP $699)

Simply, I study Marantz because I trust them to deliver, reproduce my music—my drug of choice.

And their M-CR611 may be the solution for you ; briefly, summarised from Japanese 5-page review :

2_1.jpg

26.jpg

36.jpg

4.jpg

38_2.jpg

Paired with B&WCM1 S2」as「Premium System」set, priced at 198,000円

79_1.jpg

Paired with B&W686 S2」as「Standard System」set, priced at 160,000円

79_2.jpg

Paired with DALIZensor1」as「Basic System」set, priced at 106,000円

80.jpg

From latter 3/4 of UK listing, Overview :

The M-CR611 not only looks superb, it’s also a superb performer, reproducing excellent CD-audio, FM, DAB/DAB+ and Network files. Designed with ease of use in mind, the Melody Media features a simple “one-push” Wi-Fi connect. New Bluetooth with NFC boasts connectivity options further and iDevices can be hooked up via a front facing USB port, with an extra rear port for convenience. And there are two digital inputs for connection to a TV.

The Melody Media now supports Spotify Connect, as well as a host of other digital media and streaming features. Alongside listening to millions of songs on the world’s most popular online music service, it allows playback of music libraries stored on a NAS (Network Attached Storage) or a computer, provides access to thousands of free internet radio stations, and even supports Apple AirPlay. Listeners can also take control via an Android and iOS compatible Marantz Hi-Fi Remote app.

An additional new feature is the speaker A / B configuration, allowing individual volume control for A and B, or master volume control for A and B. Use the Melody Media not just to flood one room with music, but two. This is real versatility in elegant housing. The M-CR611 also supports ALAC, as well as 192kHz / 24bit high-resolution WAV, FLAC, AIFF files, 2.8MHz DSD file and Gapless playback.

N.B. American importer orders only Black

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Haha, just as I thought... found it has landed locally, its retail price, NZD1,699 ! Google tells met that equates, today, as USD1,237.44 !!

Well, here's the link of New Zealand's full Marantz pricing to understand why, although I study their products, I don't own as many as...

Sigh' date=' [/font']official-importers (too) are idiosyncratic... Will mention New Zealand's another day

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »