IGNORED

Album artwork not appearing in QNAP Music Station

I have a QNAP HS-251+ NAS and am in the process of transferring my music over to Music Station. My files consist of AIFF, FLAC and DSD's. None of my AIFF's are coming through with the album artwork. Is there a way to fix this within QNAP's Music Station? What do I need to do to get the album art to appear?

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Is your artwork embedded in your AIFF files?

Yes, but I figured out how to do it within Music Station. I still had to drop another file containing album art in my album folder anyway. Then by right clicking on the album in Music Station I changed the cover art by selecting the artwork just deposited within the folder. I'm not sure why MS wasn't seeing the embedded artwork.

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

@bluemark81, sorry to go OT, but can you please let me know what you think of the HS-251+? I am thinking of getting one just for my music room. I like the idea of the fanless design.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

tboooe:

I'm really new to the NAS world as this is my very first one, so I have had nothing in the past to compare it to and I am learning about it as I go. I am no expert with them and I'm sure I will make plenty of errors along the way in setting things up. That being said, so far, I am happy with it I guess, barring a couple of issues I'm sure I will get straightened out. I've transferred my music over to its Music Station app. I understand some people just store music on them outside of QNAP's apps. I'm not sure the pros and cons of each. I set mine up with 2 WD 3TB red hard drives configured as Raid 1. There are an abundance of apps and configurations available with it that many will be way over my head. The unit seems to be well built. I had planned on running the HDMI from it to a Samsung tv I have in the same room, but it does not work. I've read there is compatibility issues between the QNAP and Samsung tvs. I haven't dug into this much yet. There have been complaints of the tops getting hot. I only got it set up yesterday morning but checked it at different times throughout the day and the top was only ever warm to the touch, but never hot. The unit is quiet, but you can occasionally hear the hard drives, albeit not obtrusive. I have tried to access it remotely from my work and have had no luck. I'm not sure why. My plan was to use it solely as a music server, but I'm sure it will evolve more than just that as I discover some of its uses and abilities. I've tried a number of control point softwares for my iPad which none have totally impressed me but that's getting away from your question. I'm not sure I've helped any but would love someone that knows these things intimately to come set mine up for me properly and in the most efficient manner so I don't mess it up.

Thank you bluemark81. I've been using NAS devices for a very long time so I think I am fairly proficient. I just never have used a QNAP. Currently, I have a household NAS upstairs that has my music, pictures, movies, docs, etc. While it is functioning properly for its intended purpose, I want to get a dedicated music NAS so I try to optimize it with a linear power supply, fiber optic isolation, etc. I also wanted a new NAS that can run Minimserver as my old Thecus cannot do this. My brother has a QNAP (TS-453Pro) and loves it. For my purposes I am sure the QNAP will be fine. I actually have a TS-131 being delivered tomorrow so I can try it out before I commit to something like the HS. I got the TS-131 used for about $100 so it was worth it for me to try out. In thinking about it more, I think the TS-131 may be all I need since Minimserver does not use a lot of CPU power.

Anyway, thank you again for the reply. If you need any help let me know. BTW, I think the issue with you not being to access the NAS from work is that you need to have port forwarding set in your router and possibly the modem.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Thank you bluemark81. I've been using NAS devices for a very long time so I think I am fairly proficient. I just never have used a QNAP. Currently, I have a household NAS upstairs that has my music, pictures, movies, docs, etc. While it is functioning properly for its intended purpose, I want to get a dedicated music NAS so I try to optimize it with a linear power supply, fiber optic isolation, etc. I also wanted a new NAS that can run Minimserver as my old Thecus cannot do this. My brother has a QNAP (TS-453Pro) and loves it. For my purposes I am sure the QNAP will be fine. I actually have a TS-131 being delivered tomorrow so I can try it out before I commit to something like the HS. I got the TS-131 used for about $100 so it was worth it for me to try out. In thinking about it more, I think the TS-131 may be all I need since Minimserver does not use a lot of CPU power.

Anyway, thank you again for the reply. If you need any help let me know. BTW, I think the issue with you not being to access the NAS from work is that you need to have port forwarding set in your router and possibly the modem.

Thanks. I checked my router and indeed, uPnp/Port Forwarding is disabled. In enabling it, am I opening myself up to security issues?