IGNORED

Sonore Sonicorbiter SE - discontinued

It's best if you ask them that.

Jesus R

Who are they? Sotm? I thought you developped the Sonic orbiter software.

Why would Roon speakers not be supported by Sonic orbiter for the sms100, but for the new micro rendu and sonic orbiter se it will be supported. Is support for the sms100 already dropped?

Maybe I am too thick also but I have trouble understanding your modes. Let me make a suggestion. I am sure your mode descriptions are very precise but my understanding of how they are used is not. If you could describe how each is used that would clarify for me.

Can you narrow your question by selecting the output mode you might be interested in?

Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output

Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output

Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output

Mode #5 - RoonReady Output

Jesus R

Why would Roon speakers not be supported by Sonic orbiter for the sms100, but for the new micro rendu and sonic orbiter se it will be supported. Is support for the sms100 already dropped?

Refer to this link:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonore-sonicorbiter-se-ethernet-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-and-optical-output-27028/#post496437

Jesus R

Maybe I am too thick also but I have trouble understanding your modes. Let me make a suggestion. I am sure your mode descriptions are very precise but my understanding of how they are used is not. If you could describe how each is used that would clarify for me.

These output modes are preconfigured to work in conjunction with a player or server application running on your network. SqueezeLite works in conjunction with Logitech Media Server. ShairPort works in conjunction with iTunes. MPD/DLNA can work standalone with local storage or in conjunction with UPNP/DLNA server. NAA works in conjunction with HQ Player. RoonReady works in conjunction with Roon. You run the player or server applications on your network and stream to the unit in your audio room. You can also control playback in the audio room via a wifi phone or tablet.

Jesus R

the SMS 100 is a discontinued item, so it is no longer being supported, AFAIK. That's what SOtM indicated to me.

Each of these items has a unique version of the SO software, as I understand it. The SMS 100 is a SOtM product, so support for it is up to them.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

the SMS 100 is a discontinued item, so it is no longer being supported, AFAIK. That's what SOtM indicated to me.

Each of these items has a unique version of the SO software, as I understand it. The SMS 100 is a SOtM product, so support for it is up to them.

Oh well, I am so disappointed!

Will probably end up upgrading to the Micro Rendu when it will be available, though.

« Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / MUSIC IS THE BEST. » FZ

Received my Sonore SonicOrbiter SE yesterday afternoon. This is basically plug and play, rock solid performance. In the past, I had the Touch, the Squeezebox Classic, the first Orbiter, an Aries, the PS Audio Bridge I and still have the Bridge II.By the way I’m a big fan of the BridgeII. Bottom line connectivity/startup surpasses or matches in performance turn-up with these products. My DAC is the PS Audio Directstream and I connect the SE via USB. I’m trying out Roon, also so I used the Roon Ready feature in the SE, no issues at all. Sound Quality is outstanding. I confess, to the fact I don’t have golden ears, but I do like what I hear from the SE. The price is right, performance is great, many Output Modes and great support if needed.

Jesus

I understand why you do not include a linear PS for the 220-260v version.

Do you know of any compatible units that I could buy? I do not have the competence to search through to find a good solution, albeit at a price point higher than Sonore would wish for.

Thank you, Peter

Jesus

Do you know of any compatible units that I could buy? I do not have the competence to search through to find a good solution, albeit at a price point higher than Sonore would wish for.

Thank you, Peter

There are many solutions. Two of the popular audiophile ones are the HDPlex Linear PS and the Teddy Pardo PS. You can have either built to the input needed for the Sonic Orbiter SE.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Jesus

Thank you, Peter

It's very hard to find an equally priced linear power supply in a 220-260 voltage range. We considered this power supply (with a 2.1 mm connector), but decided it's not practical to have them shipped to us only to ship them back to Europe. It's not expensive and will be a nice upgrade for those with 220-260 volt requirement.

Stromversorgung, Squeezebox Netzteil - AQVOX Audio Devices

Jesus R

Received my Sonore SonicOrbiter SE yesterday afternoon. This is basically plug and play, rock solid performance. In the past, I had the Touch, the Squeezebox Classic, the first Orbiter, an Aries, the PS Audio Bridge I and still have the Bridge II.By the way I’m a big fan of the BridgeII. Bottom line connectivity/startup surpasses or matches in performance turn-up with these products. My DAC is the PS Audio Directstream and I connect the SE via USB. I’m trying out Roon, also so I used the Roon Ready feature in the SE, no issues at all. Sound Quality is outstanding. I confess, to the fact I don’t have golden ears, but I do like what I hear from the SE. The price is right, performance is great, many Output Modes and great support if needed.

Hey, gocubs42, could you compare the audio quality of the SonicOrbiter SE to the Aries?

Thanks in advance. :)

Purchased. Hopefully I will receive mine soon, I am looking forward to what this little player can do.

ReadyNAS Ultra/6 stored flac->GigE network->roon->Uptone JS-2->microRendu->W4S Recovery->W4S DAC-2v2 SE>W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp->W4S ST-1000 Amplifer->Von Schweikert VR-44

It's very hard to find an equally priced linear power supply in a 220-260 voltage range. We considered this power supply (with a 2.1 mm connector), but decided it's not practical to have them shipped to us only to ship them back to Europe. It's not expensive and will be a nice upgrade for those with 220-260 volt requirement.

Stromversorgung, Squeezebox Netzteil - AQVOX Audio Devices

Jesus R

Jesus-

that little PS looks interesting. Is it really low noise?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how is the Sonicorbiter SE updated if a new piece of software is available? Do you hook up a monitor, keyboard, mouse, internet and take care of business that way?

I am hoping that I can just SSH into the Sonicorbiter SE, issue an update command and restart it and be on my way. That would IMO be the easiest way.

ReadyNAS Ultra/6 stored flac->GigE network->roon->Uptone JS-2->microRendu->W4S Recovery->W4S DAC-2v2 SE>W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp->W4S ST-1000 Amplifer->Von Schweikert VR-44

Can you narrow your question by selecting the output mode you might be interested in?

Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output

Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output

Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output

Mode #5 - RoonReady Output

Jesus R

Mode #5 please

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how is the Sonicorbiter SE updated if a new piece of software is available? Do you hook up a monitor, keyboard, mouse, internet and take care of business that way?

There is a web based graphical interface and all you do is press a button.

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 6.04.58 PM.png

Jesus R