vortecjr

Sonore Sonicorbiter SE

Rate this topic

There is no such thing as a free lunch. How do you then isolate the unit from the WiFi receiver which is electrically connected to it;)

No disagreement Jesus, so won't even go down that road. Just pointing out that not everyone agrees with our point of view, and value having a wifi connection. Thanks.

For those that don't have a wired connection for ethernet, but do have a coax running to their listening room, and don't want to use a power adapter, check out moca. You can send ethernet over coax, faster and more reliable than over the powerline, and it's ment for high frequency content so it doesn't interfere with other things.

I'm using my sms100 with moca a adapter and am happy with it.

Can the Orbiter be connected to a Mac by Ethernet without using a router?

R

I suppose if you are an advanced user you can do this. However, this has not been tested and the unit is designed to work with the internet. It's best to connect the unit to a router.

Jesus R

Edited by vortecjr

Some updates:

1. We are starting to ship units today to US based customers.

2. We have finished the RoonReady validation process and all units will ship with the application pre-installed.

This is an image of the Sonicorbiter SE being used as a playback device from the latest ALPHA build of Roon. You can see the full effect of a RoonReady device. The signal path is shown all the way to the device and information about the device is displayed.

Sonicorbiter_in_Roon.jpg

Jesus R

Some updates:

2. We have finished the RoonReady validation process and all units will ship with the application pre-installed.

This is an image of the Sonicorbiter SE being used as a playback device from the latest ALPHA build of Roon. You can see the full effect of a RoonReady device. The signal path is shown all the way to the device and information about the device is displayed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23169[/ATTACH]

Jesus R

Beautiful!

Please excuse my question but I am bit confused about this product. As I understand it this is a renderer much like Jplaystreamer is. So if I was to use this I would connect this to my network. Using a control point like BubbleUpnP, I would see this a renderer. I can continue to use Minimserver or some other DLNA/UPnP server like JRiver Media Center??

Jesus: Are you aware that there is something wrong with your online store? I was trying to order the SE from the website but I get an error message from PayPal saying the following: "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Simple Design Inc. and try another option."

Does anyone know what sound card is used and if this is something that can be replaced easily with the JCAt or SOTm?

I take it you have not seen a Cubox-i computer which is what is being used for this product. It is a 2 inch cube so standard cards cannot be used.

Very nice indeed! I hope this feature would be available also to sms-100 owners, please reassure me Jesus!

It's best if you ask them that.

Jesus R

Edited by vortecjr

Please excuse my question but I am bit confused about this product. As I understand it this is a renderer much like Jplaystreamer is. So if I was to use this I would connect this to my network. Using a control point like BubbleUpnP, I would see this a renderer. I can continue to use Minimserver or some other DLNA/UPnP server like JRiver Media Center??

My understanding is that JPLAYStreamer is an OpenHome control point and not a renderer. If so, you can put the Sonicorbiter SE in MPD/DLNA mode and then enable the unit's BubbleUPNP Server APP that allows the unit to become an OpenHome Renderer. Now JPLAYStreamer can send streams to the unit for playback. You will need MinimServer or some other UPNP/DLNA server with this combination.

Jesus R

Edited by vortecjr

Does anyone know what sound card is used and if this is something that can be replaced easily with the JCAt or SOTm?

No sound card is used. The output is direct from the motherboard.

Jesus R

Jesus: Are you aware that there is something wrong with your online store? I was trying to order the SE from the website but I get an error message from PayPal saying the following: "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Simple Design Inc. and try another option."

Thanks. It should be working now.

Jesus R

I understand that the Sonicorbiter SE is only available in the US at the moment, do you plan to ship to Europe as well ?

I have not been able to locate an affordable 220-240 VAC linear power to supply to offer with the unit. As such, I just added an option for a standard 220-240 VAC power supply. However, you may still need an adapter for the plug depending on your location.

Jesus R

I have not been able to locate an affordable 220-240 VAC linear power to supply to offer with the unit. As such, I just added an option for a standard 220-240 VAC power supply. However, you may still need an adapter for the plug depending on your location.

Jesus R

OK I'll give it a try :-)

Some updates:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23169[/ATTACH]

Jesus R

OK, me being a bit thick, what do I need (everything) other than the Sonicorbiter to get music?

It's best if you ask them that.

Jesus R

I have asked them: They are NOT going to update the SMS-100; they are coming out with an SMS-200 instead, and it will include RoonSpeakers.

OK, me being a bit thick, what do I need (everything) other than the Sonicorbiter to get music?

Can you narrow your question by selecting the output mode you might be interested in?

Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output

Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output

Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output

Mode #5 - RoonReady Output

Jesus R

Edited by vortecjr