IGNORED

Sonore Sonicorbiter SE - discontinued

There is no such thing as a free lunch. How do you then isolate the unit from the WiFi receiver which is electrically connected to it;)

No disagreement Jesus, so won't even go down that road. Just pointing out that not everyone agrees with our point of view, and value having a wifi connection. Thanks.

Digital Sources: Meitner Audio MA3 DAC, AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt, Roon ROCK (NUC8i5, Akasa Plato 8x case, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1TB SSD), UpTone Audio EtherREGEN, Tidal, Qobuz. Preamplifier: none. Power Amplifier: Bel Canto e.One REF500S. Loudspeakers: GoldenEar One.R's with Herbie’s Threaded Stud Glider footers, Focal Stellia headphones. Cables: digital - Wireworld Starlight 8 Ethernet, StarTech SFPGLCLHSMST single-mode 1310nm SFP module and Small Green Computer 1 GB FMC connected by Corning LC-LC single-mode 9/125um duplex fiber; speaker - Silversmith Audio Fidelium; interconnect - Silversmith Audio Fidelium XLR; AC - Wireworld Silver Electra 7 and Electra 7; external clock - Auralis Audio Duelund Pure Silver BNC. Accessories: Power supplies - UpTone Audio JS-2’s (no stock PS’s); OCXO clock for ER - Project Clay X Geismann OCXO 10MHz Emperor Signature edition 75 Ohm; cable risers - AudioQuest Fog Lifters; power conditioning - PS Audio Stellar Power Plant 3, AudioQuest Jitterbugs; AC receptacle - PS Audio Powerport Classic, Block Audio C-Lock Lite; vibration isolation - IsoAccoustic Orea Graphite footers (amps), Symposium Accoustics RollerBlock Jr's w/Tungsten balls for DAC. Room: 26' 2" W x 11' 6" D x 7' 9" H, heavily absorbent furnishings, plaster walls, suspended and carpeted wood floor.

For those that don't have a wired connection for ethernet, but do have a coax running to their listening room, and don't want to use a power adapter, check out moca. You can send ethernet over coax, faster and more reliable than over the powerline, and it's ment for high frequency content so it doesn't interfere with other things.

I'm using my sms100 with moca a adapter and am happy with it.

Can the Orbiter be connected to a Mac by Ethernet without using a router?

R

I suppose if you are an advanced user you can do this. However, this has not been tested and the unit is designed to work with the internet. It's best to connect the unit to a router.

Jesus R

Some updates:

1. We are starting to ship units today to US based customers.

2. We have finished the RoonReady validation process and all units will ship with the application pre-installed.

This is an image of the Sonicorbiter SE being used as a playback device from the latest ALPHA build of Roon. You can see the full effect of a RoonReady device. The signal path is shown all the way to the device and information about the device is displayed.

Sonicorbiter_in_Roon.jpg

Jesus R

Some updates:

2. We have finished the RoonReady validation process and all units will ship with the application pre-installed.

This is an image of the Sonicorbiter SE being used as a playback device from the latest ALPHA build of Roon. You can see the full effect of a RoonReady device. The signal path is shown all the way to the device and information about the device is displayed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23169[/ATTACH]

Jesus R

Beautiful!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Very nice indeed! I hope this feature would be available also to sms-100 owners, please reassure me Jesus!

« Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / MUSIC IS THE BEST. » FZ

Please excuse my question but I am bit confused about this product. As I understand it this is a renderer much like Jplaystreamer is. So if I was to use this I would connect this to my network. Using a control point like BubbleUpnP, I would see this a renderer. I can continue to use Minimserver or some other DLNA/UPnP server like JRiver Media Center??

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Jesus: Are you aware that there is something wrong with your online store? I was trying to order the SE from the website but I get an error message from PayPal saying the following: "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Simple Design Inc. and try another option."

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Please excuse my question but I am bit confused about this product. As I understand it this is a renderer much like Jplaystreamer is. So if I was to use this I would connect this to my network. Using a control point like BubbleUpnP, I would see this a renderer. I can continue to use Minimserver or some other DLNA/UPnP server like JRiver Media Center??

My understanding is that JPLAYStreamer is an OpenHome control point and not a renderer. If so, you can put the Sonicorbiter SE in MPD/DLNA mode and then enable the unit's BubbleUPNP Server APP that allows the unit to become an OpenHome Renderer. Now JPLAYStreamer can send streams to the unit for playback. You will need MinimServer or some other UPNP/DLNA server with this combination.

Jesus R

Jesus: Are you aware that there is something wrong with your online store? I was trying to order the SE from the website but I get an error message from PayPal saying the following: "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Simple Design Inc. and try another option."

Thanks. It should be working now.

Jesus R

I understand that the Sonicorbiter SE is only available in the US at the moment, do you plan to ship to Europe as well ?

I have not been able to locate an affordable 220-240 VAC linear power to supply to offer with the unit. As such, I just added an option for a standard 220-240 VAC power supply. However, you may still need an adapter for the plug depending on your location.

Jesus R

I have not been able to locate an affordable 220-240 VAC linear power to supply to offer with the unit. As such, I just added an option for a standard 220-240 VAC power supply. However, you may still need an adapter for the plug depending on your location.

Jesus R

OK I'll give it a try :-)

Some updates:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23169[/ATTACH]

Jesus R

OK, me being a bit thick, what do I need (everything) other than the Sonicorbiter to get music?

It's best if you ask them that.

Jesus R

I have asked them: They are NOT going to update the SMS-100; they are coming out with an SMS-200 instead, and it will include RoonSpeakers.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

OK, me being a bit thick, what do I need (everything) other than the Sonicorbiter to get music?

Can you narrow your question by selecting the output mode you might be interested in?

Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output

Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output

Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output

Mode #5 - RoonReady Output

Jesus R