IGNORED

Sonore Sonicorbiter SE - discontinued

hi everyone,

i hope someone can help me with a configuration setup.

i am trying to use the sonic orbiter SE in my updated car music server.

previously i had an odroid u3 running squeezebox server, squeezelite and a wifi dongle, usb out to a geek out dac.

new plan is to replace the odroid u3 with a sonic orbiter SE.

so far, i've gotten:

1. geek out V2A dac working with so-se, Y cable to power dac since v2A is a power hog.

2. 3TB drive mounted on so-se

3. with wired home lan connection to so-se, i use mpd output mode and can select renderer and load mounted-drive library via bubble upnp on my android phone

sounds perfect, right.

now i just need to replace the wired network connection with a wifi one, since this will sit in my car's glovebox.

4. replaced wired lan connection with tp-link WR802N wireless N nano router

5. i set up tplink in hotspot router mode, the tplink has address 192.168.0.1, the so-se gets 192.168.0.100 and my android phone gets 192.168.0.101

6. in bubble upnp, i can select the so-se as my renderer

7. in 'select library' however, i cannot see anything except my phone's local media server.

i can access the so-se settings wirelessly from my android phone but the mounted drive no longer shows up.

any suggestions? the so-se is clearly there, can be pinged and accessed, but somehow the mounted drive is not showing up even though the rest of the so-se is

haven't quite figured out why plan A didn't work (i would have expected bubbleupnp to at least see the squeezebox server), but on to plan B.

i moved to squeezelite output and the squeezebox server was seen by my 'squeezer' android app, so i now have a working sonic orbiter SE + wireless TPlink + 3TB driver mounted, which will go in my car glove box.

haven't quite figured out why plan A didn't work (i would have expected bubbleupnp to at least see the squeezebox server), but on to plan B.

i moved to squeezelite output and the squeezebox server was seen by my 'squeezer' android app, so i now have a working sonic orbiter SE + wireless TPlink + 3TB driver mounted, which will go in my car glove box.

Linn Kazoo finds LMS running on my microRendu.

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 9.50.55 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this has not been addresse

I am thinking of buying a sonicorbiter se to replace asqueezebox . I was wondering whether my Channel Island Audio VBC SB powersupply (5 v dc @2.2amps) will work with the Sonore?

And, does the orbiter come with a usb cable to connect to adac? Does your adaptatuer work with the orbiter?

Thanks.

I hope this has not been addresse

I am thinking of buying a sonicorbiter se to replace asqueezebox . I was wondering whether my Channel Island Audio VBC SB powersupply (5 v dc @2.2amps) will work with the Sonore?

And, does the orbiter come with a usb cable to connect to adac? Does your adaptatuer work with the orbiter?

Thanks.

That PS would work with the Sonicorbiter SE. The Sonicorbiter SE does not include a USB cable. However, just email us after the order and we can include a USB hard adapter.

• 2 weeks later...

Update Notice:

Over the next 24 hours your units should display in Software Manager that a new version 2.3 is available for update. If you can't wait you can power cycle the unit and the new vision should appear right away. This update is not reversible.

New to version 2.3:

1. We have updated to the latest version of Logitech Media Server (LMS) running on the unit.

2. SqueezeLite now supports native DSD. Both .DFF and .DSF are supported up to DSD256. This update also supports native DSD to the Amanero USB interface (beta feature) found on DIY DACs and on some Lampizator DACs. From Settings / SqueezeLite there is a new DSD dropdown menu where you can select: None, DoP, Native DSD, and Native DSD (Amanero). In order to stream native DSD you will need a version of LMS that also supports native DSD. LMS on the sonicTransporter, SonicOrbiter SE, or microRendu supports native DSD streaming to SqueezeLite. For your convenience we will start to offer a combo deal (SonicOrbiter SE / sonicTransporter / iFi) right on the SonicOrbiter SE product page.

3. RoonReady has been upgraded to the latest per a request Roon Labs. Also, we have improved the post update process based on feedback from customers.

4. The Linux Kernel for the unit has been updated to add support for additional devices that support native DSD. The complete list of supported devices is found here: Sonicorbiter - Native DSD support

Please follow this update procedure if you have not done so already:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices. Failure to allow this step to complete could brick your unit. Do not attempt this update on an unstable network. Sonore is not responsible if you brick your unit, but we can help you recover from it.

4. Power cycle your unit.

5. Optional - When the unit boots up if you are having issues go to Settings and from the configuration page look things over and press Save.

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...
hi can you please tell me which is max length for usb ab cord from my sonicorbiter se to my dac thank you.

I have not used one with anything more than a 1 meter USB cable. The USB 2.0 specification limits the length of a cable for full speed or hi-speed to 5 meters (or about 16 feet and 5 inches).

Here is my use case for this device and if anyone can tell me if it works that would be helpful. I didn't find the information in the website to be that useful.

I want to use it for a Room endpoint to my Yamaha Aventage A850 AV receiver. So it sounds like I connect the Sonicorbiter to ethernet and the optical port to the receivers optical port. Correct?

I want to use Roon for iTunes as well as FLAC files and possibly Tidal. This will work for FLAC correct?

Thanks for any advice.

Here is my use case for this device and if anyone can tell me if it works that would be helpful. I didn't find the information in the website to be that useful.

I want to use it for a Room endpoint to my Yamaha Aventage A850 AV receiver. So it sounds like I connect the Sonicorbiter to ethernet and the optical port to the receivers optical port. Correct?

I want to use Roon for iTunes as well as FLAC files and possibly Tidal. This will work for FLAC correct?

Thanks for any advice.

Sure that will work. The optical is limited to 24/94kHz.

Sure that will work. The optical is limited to 24/94kHz.

Thank you. I was wondering about the optical rate. It seems some do high res and some don't on various devices. Not really sure how that works. Is there a product that will do what I want but connect to my receiver in a way that will do a higher rate?

Thank you. I was wondering about the optical rate. It seems some do high res and some don't on various devices. Not really sure how that works. Is there a product that will do what I want but connect to my receiver in a way that will do a higher rate?

You can get a USB to SPDIF converter. My buddy Andrew sells this one: https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/products/usb-to-spdif-converter-1

You can get a USB to SPDIF converter. My buddy Andrew sells this one: https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/products/usb-to-spdif-converter-1

Sorry I'm new to this so still not quite clear...

It's the SPIDF on the Sonore device not on the receiver that is the issue for hires?

Not sure I like the idea of buying this and that to connect the device. I would like a Roon endpoint for my receiver to do all the things I mentioned previously ideally for less than $500. I could do Raspberry Pi I suppose and am pretty technical but i don't really want to deal with all that. It seems like a lot of Roon endpoints are on their way so maybe I'll just wait. I would be great if they would start building this into receivers.

Sorry I'm new to this so still not quite clear...

It's the SPIDF on the Sonore device not on the receiver that is the issue for hires?

Not sure I like the idea of buying this and that to connect the device. I would like a Roon endpoint for my receiver to do all the things I mentioned previously ideally for less than $500. I could do Raspberry Pi I suppose and am pretty technical but i don't really want to deal with all that. It seems like a lot of Roon endpoints are on their way so maybe I'll just wait. I would be great if they would start building this into receivers.

Receiver are typically analog or digital, but not generally USB audio. The intent for that optical output was just to have a basic digital output on the unit for things like this and for use with cd quality playback. You can try the optical output...how much hi-res do you have? The converter would most likely be better option then the SPDIF output on a Pi;)

Yes I understand that about receivers.

Not a lot of FLAC really and it's not my main source. I currently directly stream it from my receiver via DLNA from my Mac but could also directly connect a usb drive to my receiver.

I have tons of iTunes music from cds and other sources over the years and have bought a lot of Mastered for iTunes tracks.

Going Rune would also mean I would resubscribe to Tidal.

My other source of music is my turntable connected to a phono amp then the receiver which isn't really relevant here but I do love it. :-)

I think I'll go ahead and do the Sonicorbiter to get into Roon and I can always do something else later. Thanks much for the information.

Yes I understand that about receivers.

Not a lot of FLAC really and it's not my main source. I currently directly stream it from my receiver via DLNA from my Mac but could also directly connect a usb drive to my receiver.

I have tons of iTunes music from cds and other sources over the years and have bought a lot of Mastered for iTunes tracks.

Going Rune would also mean I would resubscribe to Tidal.

My other source of music is my turntable connected to a phono amp then the receiver which isn't really relevant here but I do love it. :-)

I think I'll go ahead and do the Sonicorbiter to get into Roon and I can always do something else later. Thanks much for the information.

That is a good starting point, but down the road consider a nice USB to digital converter.

Update Notice:

There is new version of RoonReady available on the Sonicorbiter SE. This new version includes basic bug fixes per Roon documentation.

Please follow this upgrade procedure for the Sonicorbiter SE if you have not done so already:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

Hi Jose,

I am running SOSE Version 2.3 into an Arcam irDAC along with JRiver v20 on two Windows 8.1 computers. Last night when I tried to play music using JRemote on my iPad, SOSE was not listed from either computer. It has disappeared from the network. SOSE showed up normally when I put its IP address (reserved via my router) in the browser (Safari). It showed that MPD/DLNA is active on the Audio App Switcher page.

After rebooting computers, rebooting the SOSE and power recyling it, it showed up on the network for JRiver.

Do you know what might be the cause of its disappearance? Is there a way to keep awake/available all the time?

Thanks,

Nelson

Hi Jesus,

I am running SOSE Version 2.3 into an Arcam irDAC along with JRiver v20 on two Windows 8.1 computers. Last night when I tried to play music using JRemote on my iPad, SOSE was not listed from either computer. It has disappeared from the network. SOSE showed up normally when I put its IP address (reserved via my router) in the browser (Safari). It showed that MPD/DLNA is active on the Audio App Switcher page.

After rebooting computers, rebooting the SOSE and power recyling it, it showed up on the network for JRiver.

Do you know what might be the cause of its disappearance? Is there a way to keep awake/available all the time?

Thanks,

The units do not have sleep modes. Next time go to Apps / App Switcher and press MPD-DLNA to restart it. Then restart JRiver.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The SonoreUPnP Bridge application has been released on the Sonicorbiter operating system. This application will facilitate using Roon Server with the Sonore Signature Series Rendu and other DLNA/UPNP devices.

For more information refer to the official thread here:

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge (beta)

Update:

The SonoreUPnP Bridge application has been released on the Sonicorbiter operating system. This application will facilitate using Roon Server with the Sonore Signature Series Rendu and other DLNA/UPNP devices.

For more information refer to the official thread here:

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge (beta)

Do you happen to know if this app will be made available for the Audiophile Jukebox / Sonic Transporter?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.