IGNORED

Roon / HQPlayer Integration

40 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Yes of cause you can. 

What endpoints (NAA) do you use ?

As said each endpoint has to be setup to use NAA or RAAT or DNLA or what ever.  

However I'm quite sure HQPLAYER can only use one DAC at the time. @Miska Can you confirm ?

(= one endpoint)

But you can play simultaneously on both DAC's. Agree ?

When I talked about NAA, I meant HQPlayer's NAA (its audio daemon), not RAAT nor DLNA devices.

Thanks R1200CL.

To be able to select/use/sync multiple HQPlayer zones from Roon, you will need multiple instances of HQPlayer all defined in Roon.

There is no other way.  NAAs and DACs are inconsequential as they are all behind HQPlayer and out of the control of Roon.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

1 hour ago, Dr Tone said:

To be able to select/use/sync multiple HQPlayer zones from Roon, you will need multiple instances of HQPlayer all defined in Roon.

There is no other way.  NAAs and DACs are inconsequential as they are all behind HQPlayer and out of the control of Roon.

Thanks Dr. Tone,

this is just what I thought. It is very clear. Thanks a lot.

57 minutes ago, acatala said:

Thanks Dr. Tone,

this is just what I thought. It is very clear. Thanks a lot.

Though now that I think about it syncing hqplayer zones to anything might not be achievable because of overhead of filter loading .  The timing would be tough, I might be wrong though.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

3 hours ago, Dr Tone said:

Though now that I think about it syncing hqplayer zones to anything might not be achievable because of overhead of filter loading .  The timing would be tough, I might be wrong though.

What do you mean with "syncing hqplayer zones to anything"?

• 1 month later...
On 2017-01-10 at 8:46 AM, firedog said:

I've also found that it can happen when using the 'radio" function in Roon or with mixed playlists. If the items in the playlist are in different formats, HQP doesn't "switch over" fast enough when songs switch, and this causes a lost crash/lost connection issue with HQP.

I experienced this for the first time last night as I wanted to leave music playing overnight to work my new DAC in.

@Miska is there anything that can be done about this?