IGNORED

Access Synology NAS in W2012 Server R2 Core Mode

EquaRack

I can tell you the way I'm doing it, which is to map the NAS as a letter drive on the server.

John:

Thanks for the reply John but you may have misunderstood my question. I mapped the NAS while using GUI Mode and I have no problem with it. But I want to know how I can do it in CORE Mode if I have to do it again in the future. How do I find the drive with no GUI?!

Look up the "net use" command.

"Connects a computer to or disconnects a computer from a shared resource, or displays information about computer connections. The command also controls persistent net connections. Used without parameters, net use retrieves a list of network connections."

Or install something like Total Commander. There was another product mentioned to called Q-Dir or something like that.

Hmmm...I had to stop using Core Mode when I got a DAC that used the ASIO driver, so don't have it set up any more to check. But as I recall, I had JRMC pointing to the mapped NAS drive for its libraries, and it could still see the mapped drive after conversion to Core Mode. Of course you have to make sure to leave Network Services turned on as you go through the prompts to install A/O.

AudioPhil is pretty prompt in supporting questions of this type.

Hi

Please have a look into C:\AO\Tools. There are a few sample scripts to either show your LAN connection as well as map network drives in core mode. There is also some information about that toppic in the PDF guide (as always :) )

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide