IGNORED

QNAP and JRiver Media Center

jriver

What I need is to have acess sometimes for setup but most of the time just need to use JRemote so headless. Sory for the stupid question but would you have any recommendations for using it remotely when it would run on the QNAP through HD Station (because it requested HD station to be installed as I'm not able to see any shortcut on QNAP interface on my PC after installation) ?

BR

What I need is to have acess sometimes for setup but most of the time just need to use JRemote so headless. Sory for the stupid question but would you have any recommendations for using it remotely when it would run on the QNAP through HD Station (because it requested HD station to be installed as I'm not able to see any shortcut on QNAP interface on my PC after installation) ?

BR

Patatorz, I experimented with JRiver on a QNAP HS-251 yesterday. I connected a monitor via HDMI to do the initial JRiver setup in HD Station. After the initial setup you do not need to keep the monitor attached. You simply control JRiver via JRemote or another app of your choice. JRiver on QNAP was able to stream via UPNP to My Lumin D1 without any problems being controlled by the JRemote.

For the initial setup, you need a monitor, but do not need a mouse or keyboard as you can use the free Qremote apps on iOS or Andriod for that

https://itunes.apple.com/app/qremote-by-qnap/id583756822?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qnap.qremote&hl

The difficulty with this approach is that where JRiver encounters and error, you won't know about it (and JRemote may become unresponsive depending upon the error) until you reconnect a monitor.

The ideal solution would be if JRiver provided a full headless version where the setup of JRiver could be done via a weblink rather than needing a physically connected monitor. They have already done the hard work in porting it to QNAP. Still, it is a promising start.

The Audio Tragic

Main system: Mac Mini > Audiolense XO room correction (via Audirvana+ or HQPlayer) > Weiss DAC202 > Krell 302 > Revel Ultima2 Studio

Home office: QNAP NAS > Lumin D1 > Krell KAV-400xi -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M

Work: Mac Mini > HQP > NAA (Windows 10) >Uptone Regen > Exasound e12 > SPL Phonitor 2 > Audeze LCD-XC

Software players: Audirvana+, HQ Player, Roon, Lumin, optical internet

The short answer is you can only launch JRMC by attaching a monitor or TV to your NAS HDMI output.

After you've installed and launched it, you can control it using Jremote. If you want to make JRMC config changes, you can load the QNAP JRMC library unto any other computer (with JRMC installed) on your LAN OR you can connect a monitor/TV to QNAP HDMI and make changes directly to the Local JRMC Server running in HD station

Submerge in the music...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody used JRiver with an HS-251 or HS-251+? Since the are QNAP's streamlined Silent NAS and not as powerful as other models, I'm hoping for validation they can play JRiver video to a smartTV without stutter or too much lag. The plus is quad-core so that's the one I'm looking to buy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I see that supported NAS starts starts with the chep TS-251 (it somehow descending from my 219P.I wonder which model is recommended to fully enjoy hi-rez deconding (DSD, DSD, ISAO-SACD) without overloading the CPU. most likely the 251 performences as a server are not the among greatest ..

• 4 months later...

Is this a fully fledged J River server? or an endpoint? Thanks

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

• 2 months later...