IGNORED

Luxman D-08u - Best of Both Worlds SACD Player + DAC

luxman_d-08u.jpg

"The D-08u looks so good and sounds so good playing discs or files via its USB input that at its price I can’t think of a better or more versatile way to crunch bits into music."

"Where the Luxman player succeeds (and where so many other one-box players fall short) is in making the SACD layer sound like a better, fuller, more realistic version of the music captured on the CD layer."

-Dennis Davis (The Audio Beat, October 2015)

If you're looking for a player that is capable of getting the most out of your SACD collection, as well as, your hi-res downloads, then look no further than Luxman's flagship D-08u SACD/DAC player. The D-08u produces an expression and detail unimaginable for CD players using any less than Luxman's high quality components, attention to detail and of course passion for high-fidelity audio. Equipped with both USB and CD and ready for multiple file formats and platforms the D-08u is a CD player in a league of its own. With the D-08u you no longer have to agonize over choosing an SACD player or a stand-alone DAC.

For more information or to purchase, please visit us here.

Luxman_d-08u_inputs.jpg

This product qualifies for Free Shipping and 5% back in points when you register for Club Ciamara Membership Rewards Program

Logo 600x295.jpg

1.844.CIAMARA (1.844.242.6272)

High End Audio Store NYC - Experience Ciamara

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

I heard this player at AXPONA and its performance was stunning! I was fooled into thinking that the source was the ultra high end turntable setup that they had spinning at the time, until I noticed that the tonearm was raised off the record. It was playing a redbook CD and the sound had the smoothness and liquidity of good analog playback, very engaging sound that drew me into the recording. That's the best I've ever heard CD playback!

• 9 months later...

I really wonder how good Is the DAC inside when used as a USB DAC.

I am indeed looking right now for a CD/SACD player with an inboard DAC that will be good enough to also act as my main USB DAC for my filer server.

And the DAC inside need to be a little on the warm side: Indeed, I have a BHSE amp + Stax SR009 headphone that is VERY relealling but also some time too analytical to the point that it can be fatiguing. Therefore I am looking for a DAC that will be very precise & detailled BUT also on the warm side to warm-up a little the Sound signature of the Stax009.

time too analytical to the point that it can be fatiguing.

I really wonder how good Is the DAC inside when used as a USB DAC.

I am indeed looking right now for a CD/SACD player with an inboard DAC that will be good enough to also act as my main USB DAC for my filer server.

And the DAC inside need to be a little on the warm side: Indeed, I have a BHSE amp + Stax SR009 headphone that is VERY relealling but also some time too analytical to the point that it can be fatiguing. Therefore I am looking for a DAC that will be very precise & detailled BUT also on the warm side to warm-up a little the Sound signature of the Stax009.

time too analytical to the point that it can be fatiguing.

The USB DAC is stunning and virtually indistinguishable from SACD playback, which is also superb. The Luxman players tend to lean towards the warmer, more musical side of neutral so they make an excellent choice when paired with highly resolving systems that could easily be too analytical with the wrong choice of source components. They are some of the least fatiguing players I've heard and would sound great with the Stax 009.

We offer a 30 day home trial, so you could easily try it out with your setup.

Cheers

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

The USB DAC is stunning and virtually indistinguishable from SACD playback, which is also superb. The Luxman players tend to lean towards the warmer, more musical side of neutral so they make an excellent choice when paired with highly resolving systems that could easily be too analytical with the wrong choice of source components. They are some of the least fatiguing players I've heard and would sound great with the Stax 009.

We offer a 30 day home trial, so you could easily try it out with your setup.

Cheers

Thank you for your home trial proposal, but... I am based in Europe ;-)