IGNORED

Holiday Cheer

Melvin

I know this may seem a bit too soon but please bare with me.

The Christmas season is upon us once again and I’m sure many an audiophile hopes to find a little something under the tree this year. Well, I'd like to spread a little Joy if I may. A gift. Please reply to this thread if you are interested in unwrapping an UpTone Audio USB REGEN this year.

In case you’re wondering, I purchased 2 REGENs from UpTone Audio a while back and while I could easily use both, I only need 1. So, I'd like to share. Honestly, I hope the little gizmo lands in the home of someone who hasn’t had the opportunity to hear what a product such as this can do, a budding audiophile perhaps.

I will choose randomly (promise!!) among current CA Forum members who reply to this thread by midnight (Pacific Time) December 10th (which is only about 3 weeks away and is why I wanted to get this going). That should allow plenty of time for a Christmas delivery.

I’ll apologize now to our international friends ... CONUS only please ... shipping is on me & I really don't want to ship overseas.

Peace,

Melvin

BTW, it doesn't matter to me one little bit if you don't celebrate Christmas, so please don't hesitate in joining the fun.

USB REGEN.jpg

I will attempt to re-package this properly but, seriously, it’s a mystery how UpTone accomplishes this to begin with!

Happy Holidays

Lovely idea. I already have two and don't need another, but let me propose this: If you want to extend the offer internationally, and the prize is won by someone not in CONUS, i would be happy to pay shipping.

Or if that's too much fuss, I'll just give you an attaboy!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Lovely idea. I already have two and don't need another, but let me propose this: If you want to extend the offer internationally, and the prize is won by someone not in CONUS, i would be happy to pay shipping.

Or if that's too much fuss, I'll just give you an attaboy!

An equally lovely offer Jud. Thank you. Let's play it by ear :)

Wonderful holiday spirit by Melvin and Jud both.

Well done gentlemen.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Cool idea. Merry Christmas.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Someone doing something for someone else without thought of gain for themselves.

Sounds a lot like the Christmas spirit - well done Melvin and Judd

Ajax

PS I have one on order so please don't include me in potential beneficiaries.

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

I'll put my name in the hat. A very nice gesture (even if I don't win).

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Likewise- very generous of you!

Music Room: Naim CDX/XPS (Olive) and Auralic Altair>Naim NAC82 (Olive)>Naim NAP250 (Olive)>Atlas Ascent 3.0 speaker cables>Focal Aria 906 speakers.

Kitchen: Auralic Aries Mini>Arcam Alpha>B&W M1 speakers.

Office: Mac Mini 2012>Audioquest Evergreen>Meridian Explorer2 DAC>Ruark Audio MR-1 active speakers.

Did not pay enough attention to the OP. By replying I was simply commending you on your spirit of giving. You can leave me out of the pool of potential recipients however. It should go to someone else.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.