IGNORED

EMM Labs DA2 - New Generation Flagship DAC is here

EMM_DA2-hires.jpg

EMM Labs DA2

New Generation Flagship DAC is HERE!

(please call for pricing and delivery options)

"Based on what I'd heard I thought this system would reproduce live music very well. I cranked the volume up to what seemed like 100 dB and grabbed the center seat. What I heard literally sounded like a live Nirvana concert. The room in which this system was in was huge and so was the soundstage. The electrostatic panels sounded awesome with the huge EMM amps and the new DA2 DAC. The sound wasn't like a traditional audiophile system at a show, rather it was life-like with air and immediacy in a way that made other systems sound a bit closed in and boxy. I think I could have played the entire Unplugged album with my eyes closed and seriously felt like I was sitting in Sony Music Studios in New York City on November 18, 1993."

-Chris Connaker (computeraudiophile.com RMAF 2015 recap)

Ed Meitner of EMM Labs proudly previews the DA2, his successor to the much beloved DAC2X

The DA2 is EMM Labs next generation flagship DAC. Re-designed from the ground up, Ed Meitner has once again created a DAC that significantly moves the bar in terms of transparency, accuracy and overall sound quality.

New in the DA2:

• 16xDSD MDAC™

• Proprietary hardware galvanic isolation for the USB Audio interface

• Every other system from its proprietary jitter removal MFAST™ to its super accurate clock, MCLK™ has been carefully revised for better sound.

• Inputs -> 1xAES, 1xUSB Audio, 2xSPDIF, 2xTOSLINK

• Outputs -> Balanced and un-balanced analog outputs (both can be used at the same time)
  • With EMM Labs' MDAT™ DSP engine and MDAC™ already running at 16xDSD (DSD1024, 45Mhz/49Mhz) this unit is basically future proof and now performs at a whole different level/generation of performance than the DAC2X.

Finishes:

• Silver with titanium insert and buttons (pictured)

• Black with black insert and buttons

• Premium finish with plated inserts/buttons: 24K gold, Nickel/Silver and custom finish available.

We're now accepting orders for EMM Labs next production run, so give us a call to see about getting on the list.

Logo 600x295.jpg

1.844.CIAMARA (1.844.242.6272)

High End Audio Store NYC - Experience Ciamara

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

• 8 months later...
Just got this DAC in this afternoon. Sounds terrific!

Awesome! We looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

How much computer power to upsample to DSD1024 (HQP)? No way I could afford this DAC but just curious.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

It accepts DSD64 and DSD128 at the USB input and internally upsamples to DSD1024.

Will it take DSD1024 through the USB? You know someone will want to compare HQP upsampling vs. EMM upsampling even though HQP is "limited" to DSD512.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

Will it take DSD1024 through the USB? You know someone will want to compare HQP upsampling vs. EMM upsampling even though HQP is "limited" to DSD512.

I repeat "It accepts DSD64 and DSD128 at the USB input and internally upsamples to DSD1024."

I agree many will want to compare HQP with EMM's built-in upsampling.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

It accepts DSD64 and DSD128 at the USB input and internally upsamples to DSD1024.

Right. Specs are DSD 64/128 and PCM up to 384 over USB, PCM up to 192 over all other interfaces. USB galvanic isolation is interesting, should do away with all of the knick-knack reclockers.

The 16xDSD upsampling is internal and on hardware, similar to the 2xDSD upsampling on the DAC2X and XDS1v2 (I own the latter).

I've been toying with the idea of getting a DA2 and using my XDS1v2 as a transport when I want to play discs. I am awaiting more reviews and comparisons.

On a side note, EmmLabs has told me they will have up update later in the year for the DAC2X and XDS1v2. I would expect a replacement input board and firmware. If you see the back of the DA2, the input board has the same exact connectors as the DAC2x, which makes me think that a replacement input board is all you might need for the higher sampling rates and the USB galvanic isolation. The XDS1v2's input board is different, but still isolated, so it would be easily replaced.

A recent review of the TX2/DA2:

EMM Labs TX2 Limited Edition CD/SACD Transport & DA2 Stereo DAC Review - Dagogo | A Unique Audiophile Experience

Specifically, he compared the XDS1v2 as a transport+dac vs the XDS1v2 as a transport with the DA2 as the DAC (over optilink, EmmLabs' transport-dac optical link). The DA2 won... (oh well!).

So looking forward to your thoughts, Chris!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I repeat "It accepts DSD64 and DSD128 at the USB input and internally upsamples to DSD1024."

I agree many will want to compare HQP with EMM's built-in upsampling.

Ok. I read that with no comprehension. Thanks.

HQPlayer does DSD1024 as well.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)