IGNORED

My new Crazybaby Mars levitating Bluetooth speakers just arrived!

Hi all,

Also forgot to mention, but my Mars 'levitating UFO' Bluetooth speakers arrived yesterday after almost a year waiting. I had originally backed the Indiegogo campaign for it last year.

So I got my unit yesterday and opened it up.

DSC07180.jpg

The whole thing looked a bit like getting a Mac Pro, but speakers instead. Have to say I was impressed with the build quality!

DSC07185.jpg

And yes, the top 'UFO disk' they call the Craft definitely hovers as soon as you power it on!

DSC07187.jpg

That's very cool! What is the top disk for?

The "floating disk" is the mid-range/treble speaker while the cylindrical base is the woofer.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

That's very cool! What is the top disk for?

Is it just a single speaker or a pair?

Thanks! Yes the top disk is a midrange tweeter satellite, with a built-in battery, so you can move it away from the base.

It actually is a single speaker but works in two parts (midrange and subwoofer). If you get a 2nd identical unit it actually works as a pair, but you need an app for that on iOS (which is coming) or on Android.

When I first switched it on, only the top disk part was getting sound, and nothing on the bottom. Following Crazybaby's support advice I rebooted the bottom part by holding the power button down for 2 secs until I got 3 beeps, then the Craft button until 2 LEDs came on. That helped the base to pair with the Craft and finally get sound out to both units.

One thing I also need to mention is that the bottom half also has a 10000mAH battery built-in, so you can charge it and move it to any spot if you want.

Apart from the seeing the amazing feat of a floating levitating disk on powerup, the sound from this thing is superb! Highly recommended

LCC0256,

Thanks! FYI if you're interested I've uploaded a small clip to Youtube on how the thing works. :D

Crazy cool ;) and sounds great!

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system