IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer - Windows 10 Beta Thread (BETA PHASE CLOSED!)

AudioPhil

...and another very small step:

Version 2.00, beta 7

========================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- Several adjustments for Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Possibility to disables Windows Defender (Windows 10)

- Possibility to disable OneDrive (Windows 10)

ServiceTool 2.00

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21

- Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Possibility to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)

Setup 2.00

- Added RoonServer as Shell Replacement

- Added support for Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation version

- Removed support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I already had AO installed on my WS2012 (core mode) audio pc .

Just installed AO Version 2.00, beta 7 on my Win 10 Pro control pc.

ServiceTool's "Strip down Windows 10" command worked perfectly.

After reboot, I ran AO with the "Ultimate" install option. 4B sound signature/digital filter mode.

Everything is working perfectly and it sounds great. I can definitely hear a significant improvement.

Great work, Phil.

on new install windows 10 enterprise 64 bit

now i have try only on server pc (it's NUC mod to fanless pc) the AO beta7

first, best silence, black inter instruments increased.

it has not disabled One Drive.

soon try on the second PC in HQplayer is the NAA.

now the best performance, congratulations PHIL !!!!!!!!

hi Phil,

a step further, the configuration with two PCs with double AO is the most desirable! AO if the server (first PC) increases the black inter instruments and reduce noise, the second AO carries to the extreme these concepts, increasing the sense of reality and materiality or live event!

remain to make adjustments for onedrive for notifications (which should be totally eliminated) and I think you work hard on the total cancellation of the windows update on that 10 is very heavy!

i think that all of people that use an pc to play music must to use the AO optimization !!!!

best

Giona

Anyone tried replacing Windows 2012 with Windows 10 running AO beta yet?

If it sounds as good or better it would certainly save a lot of money!

Hard to say at this point in time as Win10-AO is still in Beta and is still changing.

Through the beta there have been some nice sound improvements.

If buying both OS - Win10 Pro vs 2012R2 - purchase is ~1/2 for single license purchase $140 vs $240

Hi all,

Which would be the advised Win10 version for AO 2.0?

Merci

Tom

Hi

All K&N versions are out of scope becuase they are missing many media playback related files. Home, Pro & Enterprise will be supported by AO for 100%, but Pro/Enterprise will be the route to go since the Home Edition does not understand "Group Policies". Unfortunaley many features of AO are based on such GPO's, and a Home Edition will simply not understand those things. So AO will work on Home Edition as well, but functionality will be somehow smaller than with Pro/Enterprise.

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hard to say at this point in time as Win10-AO is still in Beta and is still changing.

Through the beta there have been some nice sound improvements.

If buying both OS - Win10 Pro vs 2012R2 - purchase is ~1/2 for single license purchase $140 vs $240

Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials is about $500. (Only the academic version is ~$250.)

Windows 10 Pro as Phil recommends is 139 for the 64 bit OEM version.

Pretty big difference...

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Hi

All K&N versions are out of scope becuase they are missing many media playback related files. Home, Pro & Enterprise will be supported by AO for 100%, but Pro/Enterprise will be the route to go since the Home Edition does not understand "Group Policies". Unfortunaley many features of AO are based on such GPO's, and a Home Edition will simply not understand those things. So AO will work on Home Edition as well, but functionality will be somehow smaller than with Pro/Enterprise.

Best,

Phil

How about making available those group policies that are non effective in Home Edition and an alternative, one time, permanent solution? Also, how is video playback handled in AO Windows 10 Home Edition, specifically JRiver?

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

How about making available those group policies that are non effective in Home Edition and an alternative, one time, permanent solution? Also, how is video playback handled in AO Windows 10 Home Edition, specifically JRiver?

Hi

That's exactly what is not possible. The OS simply cannot understand the settings. But it won't be too much after all (so far disabling Defender and OneDrive, but nothing more). The options which won't work on Home edition just won't be shown by AO, no big deal. But if once can afford the Pro Edition, that's most likely the way to go.

AO does not touch video at all. Whatever does work or does not work with Windows 10 will also (or not) with AO.

Best,

Phil

Hello Phil. I've been using AO for over two years with both Server 2012 and Server 2012 R2. I love the product and look forward to version 2.0.

I notice you've excluded Windows 10 N from supported systems due to the lack of media features. I'm using Windows 10 N with the Media Feature Pack. Would that make a difference?

Hello Phil. I've been using AO for over two years with both Server 2012 and Server 2012 R2. I love the product and look forward to version 2.0.

I notice you've excluded Windows 10 N from supported systems due to the lack of media features. I'm using Windows 10 N with the Media Feature Pack. Would that make a difference?

Hi

Well yes and no. Basically the Media Feature Pack is what is missing within the K & N editions. The current beta won't start on

either K & N edition. Technically it would be OK, but does not fit the beta right now. Best would be to us a Pro or Enteprise Edition (not K or N).

Best,

Phil

I already had AO installed on my WS2012 (core mode) audio pc .

Just installed AO Version 2.00, beta 7 on my Win 10 Pro control pc.

ServiceTool's "Strip down Windows 10" command worked perfectly.

After reboot, I ran AO with the "Ultimate" install option. 4B sound signature/digital filter mode.

Everything is working perfectly and it sounds great. I can definitely hear a significant improvement.

Great work, Phil.

I was running AO 1.40 on a single PC setup with Windows 2012 Server R2. Other software used is JPLAY 6.2 / Fidelizer Pro 6.11 / Process Lasso 8.8.8.8 (x64) / Bug Head Infinity Blade SQ 5.56.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 with AO 2.00 Beta 7. Although not recommended by Phil, I retained Process Lasso and Fidelizer Pro in the hope of making a fair comparison between the two setups. I can confirm that both installed without any problems.

I am still evaluating the new setup but first impressions are very good. The sound is certainly improved with the most noticeable improvement being in the presentation of lower frequencies. Bass guitar in particular is much better articulated and more tuneful.

Phil has achieved another significant improvement with AO 2.00 and I know that further development will bring yet more enjoyment of music.

Well done Phil ... Another winner!

I was running AO 1.40 on a single PC setup with Windows 2012 Server R2. Other software used is JPLAY 6.2 / Fidelizer Pro 6.11 / Process Lasso 8.8.8.8 (x64) / Bug Head Infinity Blade SQ 5.56.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 with AO 2.00 Beta 7. Although not recommended by Phil, I retained Process Lasso and Fidelizer Pro in the hope of making a fair comparison between the two setups. I can confirm that both installed without any problems.

I am still evaluating the new setup but first impressions are very good. The sound is certainly improved with the most noticeable improvement being in the presentation of lower frequencies. Bass guitar in particular is much better articulated and more tuneful.

Well done Phil ... Another winner!

Good to know that W10 version of AO seems to have (via early reports) SQ similar to 2012 Server R2. I was worried it would be a clear step down. Good news for my wallet.

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

Hello Phil,

No possibility to download 2.0 with my account, what must I do to getting involved in Beta program?

Got several machines to test Windows 10 Enterprise with AO 2.0,

except my DualPC Server 2012 setup with AO 1.4 and Jplay 6.2 which is for daily use.

Regards,

Alex

Hello Phil,

No possibility to download 2.0 with my account, what must I do to getting involved in Beta program?

Got several machines to test Windows 10 Enterprise with AO 2.0,

except my DualPC Server 2012 setup with AO 1.4 and Jplay 6.2 which is for daily use.

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex

The Beta of AO 2.0 is not openly available yet.

If you wish to participate the beta tests, please read the first posting of this thread. If you are happy with the "requirements" you can write Phil directly at: [email protected] so he can send you the beta of AO 2.0

Best wishes,

Claudia

logo_small.png

Reviews | Setup | PDF Guide | AudiophileOptimizer | Shop

Hi

Home Edition is supported but a few things don't work (because Home edition is unable to process group policies) and therefore AO won't offer those questions. 32Bit or 64Bit does not play a role for AO itself, so 32Bit will be fine.

Explanation of K & N editions:

• N is made for the EU market and does not include Windows Media Player, Music, Video, Voice Recorder and Skype
  • KN is made for the Korean Market and does not include Windows Media Player or Skype, etc.

Basically the missing features can be added using https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231, but i am not sure yet 100% if i should "block" K&N editions or not. For the moment I excluded them from the list of working OS'se, so AO or ServiceTool will not start if it detects K or N editions.

Best,

Phil

w10.png