IGNORED

DSD can be liken to Shakespeare...

Likened to Shakespeare, usually, performed subpar—that is !

Simply, people consume Spotify... And YouTube, but not always :

Jon Finch as Macbeth in Roman Polanski's 1971 adaptation.

Point being, can one really judge DSD just because the music system is « playing » a DSD file ? Even with—for starters—obvious or not, « transcoding » to PCM and...

So, who's aware (when watching film at, at best, 1080p) like Theseus :

The best in this kind are but shadows; and the worst are no worse, if imagination amend them.

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

• 5 months later...

Or DSD should be like :

« To eat fugu is to put your life on the line. That's why Japanese chefs must train for years before serving the notoriously poison puffer fish to the public. For more than 45 years, chef Sasaki has served this potentially lethal delicacy to patrons in his Tokyo restaurant. Feeling hungry ? »

[video=youtube;5cQ50i-o_GA]

«

an accurate picture

Or DSD should be like :

« To eat fugu is to put your life on the line. That's why Japanese chefs must train for years before serving the notoriously poison puffer fish to the public. For more than 45 years' date=' chef [b']Sasaki[/b] has served this potentially lethal delicacy to patrons in his Tokyo restaurant. Feeling hungry ? »

Fugu is one of those things that are simply unfathomable from the standpoint of logic. I mean it's just a fish, and no matter how tasty it might be, nobody needs it. Personally, I've watched some of my Japanese colleagues and friends partake of the "delicacy" on the many occasions that I have been in Japan, but I declined to join them. Whenever I asked them why they found it so necessary to put their life on the line for a few strips of fish flesh, they couldn't answer. The best I could get out of any of them was that it was a "cultural thing". They can have it. I wouldn't try fugu under any conditions! Besides, I don't even like fish that much...

On the other hand, I do like DSD! :)

George

You're proving your thinking as fallacious. As if you can be certain of what I listen to, or support. When you're on holiday, try reading, for example :

« Hanse de procurar los medios humanos como si no hubiese divinos, y los divinos como si no hubiese humanos. »

I think the OP needs a holiday and not listen to PCM.

«

an accurate picture

Boy, that Wilhelm is one eliptical dude. Is pot legal in NZ? Kaiser Willie either smokes too much or not enough!

Whoever's queen you might be, your flattering proposals of drugs and drinks are futile, you won't be mine.

Having resided in several foreign countries over the years, I know how hard it is to communicate. I only have the deepest respect for anyone attempts to learn and use a foreign language. That said, Kaiser Willi sometimes sounds if he has had a gargle or two of an adult beverage before he hits the computer. I wonder what his favorite libation is?

«

an accurate picture

Well, Sal, All you need to know is that DSD is not poisonous!

Not Sal. More than one member rides a motorcycle.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Nice. Another take:

Computer-Audiophile_DO.png

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Fugu is one of those things that are simply unfathomable from the standpoint of logic. I mean it's just a fish, and no matter how tasty it might be, nobody needs it. Personally, I've watched some of my Japanese colleagues and friends partake of the "delicacy" on the many occasions that I have been in Japan, but I declined to join them. Whenever I asked them why they found it so necessary to put their life on the line for a few strips of fish flesh, they couldn't answer. The best I could get out of any of them was that it was a "cultural thing". They can have it. I wouldn't try fugu under any conditions! Besides, I don't even like fish that much...

The only justification necessary is that it eventually resulted in one of the great Simpsons episodes.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Nobody needed to climb Everest or go to the moon or buy a fancy little USB enhancement device. We do these things because we can and because it gives us some level of satisfaction. I've had fugu during one my business trips to Japan. I respect those who like the taste or the thrill or whatever reason why they may like it. I personally prefer halibut or yellow tail sashimi.

DSD to me is like a car brand. Just because it has a particular brand does not mean that automatically its a good car. Every brand has some good cars and some bad cars. It all depends on the design.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Batter fried Walleye v. Fugu, LOL, there's no contest here. Give me a pint of oatmeal stout, a ration of tartar sauce, a playful wench, and my taste buds are on overload. Raw fish never interested me.

That being said. I am very appreciative of Chinese history and the Asian artistic aesthetic in general. For many years I have been collecting porcelain antiques, from Asian dealers for resale here in the states. Although there is a financial incentive to do this, I really got started because of my deep appreciation of the find detail and hand work of the artisans. There is something very gratifying in handling a 1000 year old piece of ceramic and finding an underglaze finger print in the clay, left there by someone who probably spent his/her entire life working long, long days.

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

• 1 month later...

Ideally, recommend us a DSD-chef akin to :

« Melissa Kelly, an award-winning chef and a conscientious farmer who has created a culinary community in the forest of Rockland, Maine. At PRIMO, Melissa embodies the philosophy that shapes how she cooks, and how she lives. »

Or no... :

«

an accurate picture

Batter fried Walleye v. Fugu, LOL, there's no contest here. Give me a pint of oatmeal stout, a ration of tartar sauce, a playful wench, and my taste buds are on overload. Raw fish never interested me.

With you all the way on this. There isn't much better food in the universe than fresh, batter fried walleye, or any well prepared Walleye in general. While I certainly enjoy a good oatmeal stout, that might be a touch heavy for fish, I'd save it for after. +1 on the playful wench as a perfect addition (to essentially anything), and yes, my fish too, must be cooked!

JC

Ideally' date=' recommend us a DSD-[i']chef[/i] akin to :

« Melissa Kelly, an award-winning chef and a conscientious farmer who has created a culinary community in the forest of Rockland, Maine. At PRIMO, Melissa embodies the philosophy that shapes how she cooks, and how she lives. »

Or no... :

Wilhelm, if you aren't consuming the mind altering substances mentioned earlier, could we at least get a picture of the space ship when you next travel home?

JC