IGNORED

V link q92 Musical Fidelity with Mac Mini

Hi everyone,

I have a mac mini 2014 with El Capitan os.

I have bought a musical fidelity v link 192 and connected it to my Ca topaz sr 20. And it is connected to ms aviano 6 speakers. I use high fidelity cables.

I use vox and i tunes on mac mini.

After connecting v link, whatever source I use on mac, youtube, Itunes or Vox v link only shows red light and everything looks 192 khz.

I set the output to v link 192 already, v link locks I have green light but when I play any file it only shows red light which indicates 192 khz. I have sound on the speakers so connections should be ok and it is usb to analogue, pretty simple.

Is there anybody out that can help me?

I am not a native english speaker. Sorry about the grammar and thanks.

Maybeex

The programmes you mention all (afaik) rely on the bit rate set within Core Audio via the Audio Midi application and do not change the sample rate output dynamically as you play different files. This will result in Core Audio up sampling everything to 192kHz.

You either need to select the correct sample rate for each file before playing (in the case of iTunes you need to restart it each time) or use an application such as BitPerfect, Aurdirvana, Pure Music or Amarra which can dynamically set the correct output sample rate.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.