IGNORED

J River to HQPlayer

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean by which extension?  Th first thing you must do, regardless of using the custom fields and tags, is to edit each of the file extensions you use in everyday listening (I.e flac, wav, dsf, diff, etc) and include the copied and pasted path and arguments in the pdf. Once one is done, the others are exact copies.  Also, make sure the path is also edited in the command file or it won’t find your script location.  I will include a screenshot when I’m back at my computer.

I thought there was some text file created with the path of all files and I was curious about the extension of this eventual txt file. I discovered that there was no program associated with my .txt files and these files could not be created by any program. It could explain my recent problems.

2 hours ago, lian00 said:

I thought there was some text file created with the path of all files and I was curious about the extension of this eventual txt file. I discovered that there was no program associated with my .txt files and these files could not be created by any program. It could explain my recent problems.

Text files?  Did you read and follow the included PDF instructions?  Here is a screenshot of my setup (note: i included all the arguments even though I don't use them nor have I created the custom fields in all cases, but figured it best to list them just in case I do later)..

jriver 2 hqp.png

I've tried on two different pc, win7 32bit JRiver 22 and win10 64bit JRiver23, for both HQplayer 3.18.1.

But what I got was that the very first album is loaded, but after that no control worked and if I selected another album I obtained a rapid command message written in red and nothing else

MacMini 2012 i5 2.3| 4GB |Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD |10.9.1| NorthStar Driver | Optimization Script |HiFace 1| JRiver 19 Mac | Buffalo II DAC | Mastersound 220| Rega Naos

I have tested my "J River to HQPlayer" script now on the new 64bit version of MC23 and it's working fine for me.

If you have read, understood, and followed the manual I provided with it, you really shouldn't encounter any problems.

Can you provide a screen shot of the error message you're receiving or post a copy of the log.text file?

Thanks

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

• 2 months later...

I have been using this script for sometime now. Recently I noticed that all my HDTracks downloads do not play all tracks in an album, PCM or DSD. What I mean by that is when I click on first or any other track in an album, only that track plays. In HQPlayer only one track loads and plays. If it a the first track in the album then it plays on its own, but if it is any other track, you have to click on it again in HQPlayer to play it. This does not happen to downloads from any other sites or my own rips.

If I play the HDTracks album directly from JRiver or HQPlayer they play fine. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. I have sort of redefined/reestablished albums using JRiver and Mp3tag to see if makes them part of the album if they were not, but that did not change anything.

1 hour ago, sig8 said:

I have been using this script for sometime now. Recently I noticed that all my HDTracks downloads do not play all tracks in an album, PCM or DSD. What I mean by that is when I click on first or any other track in an album, only that track plays. In HQPlayer only one track loads and plays. If it a the first track in the album then it plays on its own, but if it is any other track, you have to click on it again in HQPlayer to play it. This does not happen to downloads from any other sites or my own rips.

If I play the HDTracks album directly from JRiver or HQPlayer they play fine. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. I have sort of redefined/reestablished albums using JRiver and Mp3tag to see if makes them part of the album if they were not, but that did not change anything.

I did notice a bug just the other day which I've now fixed. Unfortunately I introduced the bug myself when I added support for Qobuz and other streaming services via LMS.

Can you try this new version and let me know if it fixes your problem? If it doesn't please send a copy of the log file.

Thanks

Geoff

jrexp.ps1

Sig8's problem has been resolved by the following new version. It turned out to be something quite simple. All his downloads from HDTracks had a dash following the track number. I use the dash to check for multi-disk sets.

This version has an additional check in place that solves the problem.

So anyone whose library contains HDTracks downloads should use this version.

Ted_b if you're listening, I seem to recall you had a problem with your files not working with my script? Perhaps it was this issue.

jrexp.ps1

Anyone using HQPlayer 3.20 onwards though should hold on for a few more days as I'll have a complete new package that works with 3.20 onwards. Due to a change in 3.20 I'm having to further update my code.

Geoff

4 hours ago, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

Anyone using HQPlayer 3.20 onwards though should hold on for a few more days as I'll have a complete new package that works with 3.20 onwards. Due to a change in 3.20 I'm having to further update my code.

Hmmh, what did I do to break your code? Sorry...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

No need to apologise Miska. I think you did the right thing ?

In the past track one would be track zero to hqp-control. In other words it followed array indexing. Now track 1 is track 1. So more logical for most people. I just had to make a small adjustment.

In the new package that I’ll release in a couple of days, the user will be able to specify whether they’re on the newer versions (3.20 and above) or older.

Best,

Geoff

In the past track one would be track zero to hqp-control. In other words it followed array indexing. Now track 1 is track 1. So more logical for most people. I just had to make a small adjustment.

Ahh yeah, that was one bugfix. It was behaving inconsistently and HQPlayer Embedded was doing right thing. Track numbering between what you get from HQPlayer and what you tell HQPlayer is supposed to be consistent...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, lian00 said:

Thanks for the update. I made another try and it seems to be launched correctly in the Dos windows… until an error message: "connection refused". If you have an idea, I will be glad to read it.

Can you check the parameters in the .cmd file, such as the path to hqp-control. Perhaps pm a copy of it to me or post it here.

I’m currently testing under MC 24. If I find any problems I’ll post updates here.

Here is the latest version which is now named "jr-hqp".

Please place it in your C drive root folder.

Geoff

jr-hqp.zip

Geoff,

Thanks.  What is new, fixed or different about this release?  Didn't expect to see a changelog from you, but asking anyway.

Capture of the console.

vdWY5tfhWZhO.png

and the content of the file

set datapath=%~dp1
set filepath=%~f1
set extension=%~x1
set hqpath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\hqp-control.exe
set stoppause=No
set hqpnewerversion=Yes
set temps=M:
powershell -executionpolicy bypass C:\jr-hqp\jrexp.ps1