IGNORED

iFi Launch - Houston. We have lift-off...iUSB3.0

Almost definitely from the Micro Range and the iUSB2 or iUSB3.0

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

range: micro

modell: iUSB (plus new Purifier, probably built in)

the prices you offer indicate its related to clean USB power, so I am sure its the new micro iUSB and on your Facebook page you have picture taken were one can see the new microiUSB 3.0 AND the new Purifier, so the new product is actully two i think.

I'm gonna throw a wild suggestion which I don't think it is really but hope it is...

Range: Micro

Product: the iRoon - Roon Speaker compatible add on for any USB DAC

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

So Micro iUSB 3.0 with support for two DACs connected to one computer (via a USB switch).

Perhaps Micros iUSB6.0 :-)

Eloise

---

I hope you will making this product :

range: micro / model: iUSB pro

A USB re-generator that also acts as a USB hub and detects the incoming data stream and directs it based on its content. So, for example, if it is PCM, it goes to DAC#1 and if it is DSD or DSD encapsulated as PCM, it goes to DAC#2. Alternatively, if it is CD quality it goes to DAC#1, if it is high resolution or DSD, it goes to DAC#2. If that is the product, I hope both scenario's are implemented.

Improving on my first post to consider Clue no. 7

Range: micro

Model: iUSB2 with USB 3.0

Reason: Since iFi Audio has discovered thru the iPower that the design for clean power can still be improved, it is but prudent to improve the iUSB and further improve the supply of US power into the nano and micro line, including the new iDAC 2. Support for USB 3.0 will implemented to enhance and speed up the data transmission and that the newer micro/nano product lines will be optimised. Also, iUSB can now handle 2 Dacs either running in parallel or alternately depending on the software capability.

Skin: The 'skin' mainly function as the protector of the human body from pathogens and from the external environment and prevents damage to the internal body parts and organs. In correlation to hifi audio, Skin will be the protector of pure hifi sound coming from the source until it reaches the speaker/headphones. Skin will ensure that the pure audio signal being produced by a source will be preserved and kept away from the contaminants.

Range: Micro. Model: iSUB 2. Ideas creatives of Ifi. Fan-tastic!

At AMR/iFi, as you know, we like to do things a little different.

Meet 'Skin' – the iFi mascot for our skunkworks (what else of course wink_face.gif)

LL

'Skin' is pleased to announce a joint competition to run concurrently here and on Head-Fi.

The competition information is also posted here:

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio

Question – guess the new product

Close of competition – 15 Sept.

When we shall announce the actual new product that will be launched globally on the same day.

Prizes – the correct guesses will be placed into a hat and Skin will draw out 5 winners from each forum. So there are two sets of prizes for each forum.

1st Prize - The New iFi Product + Gemini Dual-Headed USB cable

2nd Prize - The New iFI Product + Mercury USB cable

3nd to 5th Prize - The New iFI Product

Special Prize! those who also explain correctly WHY our skunkworks mascot is called 'Skin' will go into special hat. This is a little side bonus.

How to guess:

Between now and 15 September, every few days or so, we shall leak clues.

All you have to do is state your answer:

Range: eg nano or micro or Retro

Model: eg iCAN

and also why you guessed this model (you do not have to explain your guess but we thought it would be fun this way for everyone!)

You can guess as many times as you like. But of course, each person may only win one prize (even if you double-entered via the two forums).

Any questions? Just ask away.

Clue no. 1:

It is a reboot of an existing product, so it isn’t THAT difficult to make a guess:

RETRO | iFi Audio

micro | iFi Audio

nano | iFi Audio

Clue no. 2:

As we are in a generous mood, another clue for you is the mystery new product requires this recently launched product, the iPOWER:

LL

Accessory – iPower

Okay, we have given enough clues away for one day.

Have fun and the best of luck everyone! regular_smile%20.gif

And thanks to Chris Connaker for letting us do something nuts for your guys.

Clue no. 3: Active Noise Cancellation+

LL

Post #10.

Clue no. 6: Note the sockets

900x900px-LL-c4f52976_MicroiUSB3-sideshot.png

Post #48.

Clue no. 7: Did somebody ask for helicarrier?

Post #56.

Range: Micro

Model: iUSBPower2 (for both USB 2.0 and 3.0)

This will be fed by iPower, which is better specced than the wallwart that shipped with the original iUSB

Skin: The mascot's name SKIN is demonstrating iFi's obsession (skin in the game) with protecting downstream components from parasitic and other noisy interferences, especially in the digital domain. SKIN is "Lord Protector" of musical reproduction, devising ways to guard against nefarious influences. LoL

Actually iUSB Power2 Hub!

Clue #8. iFi doesn't do stock!

Deadline is tomorrow (15th September) best of luck everyone!

Can anyone guess the most salient features of this connection diagram?

Well I guess support for car audio through Android powered by the cars lighter socket feeding audio through the car's line in while charging the Phone as well. It looks a bit complicated though not so alluring for the average car user, then again.. no average car user buys Ifi products!!!

Hope I win..

Charging a phone while playing... Very interesting.

Eloise

---