IGNORED

iFi Launch - Houston. We have lift-off...iUSB3.0

Improving on my first post to consider Clue no. 5

Range: micro

Model: iUSB2 with USB 3.0

Reason: Since iFi Audio has discovered thru the iPower that the design for clean power can still be improved, it is but prudent to improve the iUSB and further improve the supply of US power into the nano and micro line, including the new iDAC 2. Support for USB 3.0 will implemented to enhance and speed up the data transmission and that the newer micro/nano product lines will be optimised.

Skin: The 'skin' mainly function as the protector of the human body from pathogens and from the external environment and prevents damage to the internal body parts and organs. In correlation to hifi audio, Skin will be the protector of pure hifi sound coming from the source until it reaches the speaker/headphones. Skin will ensure that the pure audio signal being produced by a source will be preserved and kept away from the contaminants.

My guess is :

Range: Micro

Model: iUSB 3.0

Let me add my guess on..

SKIN:

My guess is that the idea behind the "skin" concept is the complete isolation and regeneration not only of the noisy power of the computer (which the existing iUsb allready does effectively) but also of the noise that finds It's way through the datastream pin, as well as the reclocking and regeneration of the datastream It self which besides compeletely isolating and optimising the existing Ifi dacs will refresh and improve other manufacturer's products by adding functionalities like USB OTG connextivity and perhaps even MQA compatibility refreshing not only the sound but also the very device It connects to as well.

In this concept adding skin to the digital chain through the IUSB3 will not only protect from harmful noise and jitter which affect the sound BUT also from the "digital aging" of the device It is attached to, in a digital audio world constantly and rapidly changing and improving.

"Skin" is not only about the (obvious) protection of the precious and fragile digital audio stream and isolation from harmful elements just like the human skin does, but also about the protection of the "aging digital epidermis" of older dacs refreshing them through a "digital bottox" treatment. I am not using the metaphorical word "plastic surgery" because I imagine that skin's philosophy will not be to alter the sound of the device It is attached to It but o improve on It maintaining (and hopefully refreshing) It's original character and features.

The End.

Model: iUSBPower2 (for both USB 2.0 and 3.0)

This will be fed by iPower, which is better specced than the wallwart that shipped with the original iUSB

Skin: The mascot's name SKIN is demonstrating iFi's obsession (skin in the game) with protecting downstream components from parasitic and other noisy interferences, especially in the digital domain. SKIN is "Lord Protector" of musical reproduction, devising ways to guard against nefarious influences. LoL

Range: micro

Model: iUSB 3.0

iFiAudio, it's quite obvious by looking at the photo posted at Head-Fi but it's also the most logical step. Since you now have achieved lowest noise ever on a power supply, it's time to bundle some new and revolutionary technologies with it. And it's quite clear also because UpTone Regen USB is playing a great role in this audiophile world. I was sure you were developing something to make USB a flawless source.

I guess your goal is reduce jitter, restore signal integrity, reduce frame noise and packet noise. And also address impedance mismatching. Oh, and I hope you've made this micro USB3.0 BC1.2 compatible to use it with micro iDSD at Turbo mode without draining the battery, pure USB power. That would be awesome!

Skin is the name of the mascot because it recalls skin effect, which is somehow a way to tell that impedance problems are no longer existing when using this new iFi micro iUSB 3.0

Good luck guys!

Model: iUSB(2)

... and I am looking much forward to experiencing it

BTW: The "Skin" is filtering away all(most) bad influences and dirt from the surroundings, leaving the body to operate in a clean and smooth environment, while still allowing signal I/O and keeping it unpolluted.