IGNORED

Bobby Palkovich (Merlin Music Systems)

Nikhil

Just got news that Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music Sytems tragically passed away last week on August 20th.

Reported by Rich Brkich on Audio Asylum;

I am greatly saddened to report the loss of my long time friend Bobby Palkovich, President of Merlin Music Systems. Apparently more distraught than I had ever thought about business, other personal issues and the toll they must have been taking on his state of mind, it saddens me greatly to report Bobby took his own life last Thursday, August 20th.

Truly sad news. Bobby was a fine speaker designer and made some of the finest speakers I have had the pleasure of hearing. The few people who I know who dealt with him were very pleased in their dealings with Bobby.

May his Soul Rest in Peace ...

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Indeed this is very sad news. I knew Bobby for over 25 years. (He used our MusiCap capacitors in all of his speakers.)

I spoke to him at least once a month. He had been through a lot in recent years. His heart was always in the music, his speakers, and in making his customers happy.

I can hear his distinctive voice and sense of humor in my head as clear as if I have him on the phone right now.

I remember visiting his CES room one year and he was all excited to play me this track with electric bass and horns, it was Buena, from Morphine's album Cure for Pain. I guess he finally found that.

We'll miss you buddy.

With love,

The Ferret

• 1 year later...