IGNORED

Intona High Speed USB Isolator

http://intona.eu/en/company

Since my dac has a normal usb input, I have been looking at this to include this into my computer audio chain despite it is not focused on audio application. Would like to hear some thought on this matter.

After several email exchange, please see the quote from the company representative,

At Intona, our business nature is Professional Audio. Thanks to our fully equippped audio lab, we had the chance to take special attention keeping the noise of the power supply output as low as possible in the 20-20k range and we also optimized current flow using a high-speed current sensor probe that resulted in the probably industrial-wide lowest 8 kHz packet noise. We also did ensure the compatiblity to UAC 2.0 devices. Lastly, both XMOS-based and RME interfaces are tested and found 100% compatible to our high speed isolator product as it supports the full bandwidth of 480 MBits.

Preorder is open now and expected to be shipped at the end of September 2015.

P/s: I could not find a suitable forum to post this. If it is in the wrong section, please move it to the corresponding area. Thanks.

Powered by USB bus. Lots of great products come out of Germany. So yet, another gadget to antagonize our interests. I signed up to be kept updated. At $230 USD, a little pricey.

There is definitely something to isolating the USB input from the noisy computer power and I bet that is a good part of the improvement reported for other USB "reclocker" devices widely discussed on this forum. I am doing this now with a cheap TerakDak U9 LPS and it had immediate improvements in my system so I wonder what a more expensive and or advanced product like this could do. My TeraDak is staying in the loop until I find something better, whether it be a REGEN or something like this Intona. Thanks for the information (and this is probably the right forum.)

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available