IGNORED

Anyone updated to iTunes 12 lately?

hesson11

Just curious. I know that shortly after iTunes 12 was released, there were widespread reports that it screwed up metadata, artwork, etc., often on a massive scale. But it was never clear to me whether this happened only when people were using Apple Music, iTunes Match and/or iCloud, none of which I plan to use. So I'm wondering whether the latest version of 12 is safe to use without the threat of major problems. Any reports? THANK YOU!

-Bob

It is probably worth mentioning that all the "widespread reports" refer to the iCloud library.

Do not enable the iCloud library and it is just iTunes with Apple Music, which is pretty great for discovering and trying new music.

I use it every day for the last...forgot how many years.

my > overly > fancy > system > with > directional > interconnects > powered > by > ego & linear fusion reactor

I haven't had a single problem with it. But I don't use most of the "features" and I embed my own images in individual files and hand-curate the metadata, and then write-protect the files.

Write-protect your iTunes library to avoid accidental deletion or damage - Blogs - Computer Audiophile

How to tame iTunes 12.2 - Blogs - Computer Audiophile

Thanks a lot for that info, wg. It sounds like we do artwork and metadata the same way. I haven't tried the write-protect thing, though. But it's good to know you haven't had any problems. Thanks.

-Bob