IGNORED

New ELAC B5 Speakers at California Audio Show

loop7

I essentially attended the show to hear the new ELAC B5 speakers and spent about an hour, during two visits, listening to Andrew Jones speak and play music. I was extremely impressed as were others as we all experienced jaw dropping moments. Ridiculously good for the $229 price and I'll be buying a pair once available. They go really low for their size and do midrange so well. The class D amp powering them was also stellar.

Andrew Jones also demonstrated the sub calibration app and process which is unique and likely has a lot of potential.

Guess he has done it again. This just as I was talking myself into springing for a pair of Wilson Benesch Square Ones.

How will these be marketed?

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

Jones has said "big box stores" and retail channels so I assume wide availability. One can pre-order any of the Debut speakers and subs on the ELAC web site without providing financial info. Jones also remarked they are doing to this to evaluate demand.

Sales