IGNORED

Sonus Faber Toy - need advise on amplification.

I am thinking about small scale mini system which will be based on mac mini + DSD DAC which I already have. I can add small Sonus Faber Toy speakers which I can get on affordable price.

My question is: what is the good way to fill the missing link between DAC and speakers? Is it possible to get a nice sounding amp here for a budget within $700? I am looking for neutral, delicate and natural sound, and my preferences in music are mostly classical (piano, string quartets, chamber and opera) and acoustic jazz. Most of the time I listen music on low to mid volumes.

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you.

At 87 dB, you'll need a bit of power, but since you listen at low or moderate levels I think that may not be a problem and you'll have a lot of options. If you're willing to go used, it would be easy to meet your budget with an older Creek, NAD or perhaps Rega integrated amp. For new.... perhaps the new PS Audio Sprout? It comes in at $800, but has bluetooth, phono preamp, and etc. So if those features appeal, maybe worth it.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.