IGNORED

Tomas Örnberg's BLUE FIVE from DSDfile.com

Please let us what you think.

There doesn't seem to be any way to preview tracks on DSDFile. That's the biggest impediment to purchasing. I know, in the (somewhat) old days, most of us never got a chance to preview the tracks on a physical disc. But with downloads, it's an expectation. Take a look, for example, at what they do at eClassical. I buy all sorts of things that I'm not familiar with because of their excellent preview feature.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Looks like there are 1-minute previews of five of the tracks here:

Tracklist Swedish Jazz Kings / BLUE FIVE, A selection of...

(Not the Ellington, though.)

As a jazz fan, I have to say that while I think recording these tunes using the current SOTA is an admirable and worthwhile artistic endeavor, this has to be classified as music for a niche audience (one could posit that all serious jazz recordings are for a niche audience), so one probably shouldn't extrapolate the fate of high-res downloads generally from this one recording.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Please let us what you think.

There doesn't seem to be any way to preview tracks on DSDFile. That's the biggest impediment to purchasing. I know, in the (somewhat) old days, most of us never got a chance to preview the tracks on a physical disc. But with downloads, it's an expectation. Take a look, for example, at what they do at eClassical. I buy all sorts of things that I'm not familiar with because of their excellent preview feature.

DSD File does offer a free DSD download - Meetin' At The Building by Eric Bibb in DSD 64 and DSD 128.

Worth downloading.

DSD File | Free DSD Download

Has anybody purchased this? I have one of the tracks (Black Beauty) from a sample compilation by DSDfile (in dsd128) and it is absolutely stunning. A wonderful Ellington tune with amazing SQ.

I wonder if the other tracks on the album are similarly great because if they are, I definitely want the whole album.

Yes I have the complete album in 5.6MHz DSD and it does sound wonderful and great music too.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Looks like there are 1-minute previews of five of the tracks here:

Tracklist Swedish Jazz Kings / BLUE FIVE, A selection of...

(Not the Ellington, though.)

As a jazz fan, I have to say that while I think recording these tunes using the current SOTA is an admirable and worthwhile artistic endeavor, this has to be classified as music for a niche audience (one could posit that all serious jazz recordings are for a niche audience), so one probably shouldn't extrapolate the fate of high-res downloads generally from this one recording.

--David

Thanks, David for the link; and Teresa for the recommendation. The sampled tracks are more mellow than the one I have in my compilation album but they could be perfect for a rainy day like this.

i know that high res download is for a niche market but i thought that the majority of the target audience listens to jazz.