IGNORED

Optical drive

Read my F.A.Q. about CD ripping (all questions that I remember when write article) http://samplerateconverter.com/cd-ripper/rip-audio-cd-faq

If I forgot something, write here, please.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, jin said:

You think that the database is reliable? different CRC mode, different wav containers but still same result? 

1. Database correct error detection probability is unknown.

CD rippers' correct error detection probability is unknown too.

I recommend use one of these methods, that you like more. But you don't know what is better by error detection.

Calculations see here http://samplerateconverter.com/educational/best-cd-ripping-software

2. What you mean as different WAV containers?

3. What you mean as CRC mode?

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

12 minutes ago, jin said:

AIFF, WAV, FLAC...or only audio data is concerned?

AIFF, WAV and FLAC may be used PCM containers, not WAV. I re-asked for univocal understanding.

13 minutes ago, jin said:

All CRC 32 are the same?

That implementations of CRC you mean as all? Do you meant that checksum is calculated for the ripping-checksum database different ways by different rippers?

18 hours ago, audiventory said:

AIFF, WAV and FLAC may be used PCM containers, not WAV. I re-asked for univocal understanding.

That implementations of CRC you mean as all? Do you meant that checksum is calculated for the ripping-checksum database different ways by different rippers?

Questioning my questions:) may be the OP can help?

8 minutes ago, jin said:

Questioning my questions:) may be the OP can help?

I'm not sure that understand your posts correctly. Need details for exact understanding of the term meanings.

• 1 month later...

Curious if there is a consensus on the best drives are ripping?  I see mention if a Plextor Premium drive?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments