Anyone any experience with the DiDiT DAC212?

Came across this one on Head-Fi, seems to beat the Chord Hugo?

Any actual user information would be great!

Welcome to CA.

I note that this is your first post to this forum. Can I ask if you have any professional connection with the above product?

Sorry I just don't get it?!

What is wrong with a laptop as source? Many audiophiles use a computer as source, some only disguised as some audiophile machine. But in most cases it is just a computer, so why is it that a Dell as source makes a review less credible, or with a MacBook more credible?

Many brands are not capable of manufacturing some sort of interface between LAN and just buy a ready-made solution like Stream-Unlimited. The D'Agostino MLife Streaming Amp uses this, the only thing Dan and his team do, is change the interface. But it remains a simple Linux board with software made in Austria...

Why would a source like that be more audiophile than a computer?

I just don't get it....

• 2 months later...

Hi. Just noticed this thread. I'm the chap who posted that review on Head-Fi. I'm frankly surprised to see a misguided comment, on this of all forums, about using a [insert random brand] laptop as a source. I use various laptops as sources in high end headphone systems ($10k+) and they can perform extremely well. Suggesting a "Dell" laptop is incapable of being an excellent source by any standards is just pure nonsense.

Hi. Just noticed this thread. I'm the chap who posted that review on Head-Fi. I'm frankly surprised to see a misguided comment, on this of all forums, about using a [insert random brand] laptop as a source. I use various laptops as sources in high end headphone systems ($10k+) and they can perform extremely well. Suggesting a "Dell" laptop is incapable of being an excellent source by any standards is just pure nonsense.

Totally agree.

I am currently using a Dell Venue 11 Pro (7130) Tablet as my audio computer source. It is excellent.

I have built several audio PCs with various components in the past and the Dell tablet is definitely the best source I have had.

I think the reason for its good performance is a mixture of:

• Battery power (Li-Ion)
  • Low power Haswell CPU (4030) - the whole tablet only draws 6-7 watts running the audio player
  • Fan rarely comes on
  • Screen turns off soon after starting play