IGNORED

Auralic Taurus Pre voltage conversion

Hello everybody!

Recently I bought the US unit but as far as I live in the 220v country I need to convert the unit to the correct voltage. Is there anyone who has done this before? Could you please help me here? I have an experience converting the Aries if needed so I can guide anyone.

An Auralic's support turned on the 'Robot mode' repeating that there is no user-servisable parts in their product...

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

Hello everybody!

Recently I bought the US unit but as far as I live in the 220v country I need to convert the unit to the correct voltage. Is there anyone who has done this before? Could you please help me here? I have an experience converting the Aries if needed so I can guide anyone.

An Auralic's support turned on the 'Robot mode' repeating that there is no user-servisable parts in their product...

It very well could be a different transformer. Have you looked at what's in there?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

No since the unit is in the air on it's way here yet. So as soon as it'll land... Meanwhile I've got the 250v version photo of the internals... So the first thing I'm gonna do is to compare them of course. Anyway, I'm going to post my observations here)

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

• 2 weeks later...

Ohkay, here's the news: I've just came back from my technician who has switched the Taurus' voltage to 220. Besides the obvious jumper switch, the blue small transformer should be replaced with 220 one too. Now it works like a charm, producing such a nice sounds! It is a really great piece of equipment!