IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

That looks like a good device, but the prices here in the UK are around £435 pounds, which is over $700 USD. I can't see that going over to well here! good luck with yours though, on appear it is very competent indeed. I like the idea of slotting in a drive!

Digital system:  NAS (216 play), CAT. 6 cable to Marantz NA6005 network music player. Optical connection to Cambridge Audio DacMagic. Graham Slee Novo headphone amp with Grado Sr80i headphones, and Cambridge Audio 540 amp. Monitor Audio Bronze B2 speakers.

Analogue: Rega RP1, Cambridge Audio Phono stage, amp and speakers as above.

ARIES Mini wont be available in U.S before the RMAF (which is the official launch).

For U.K, please ignore the current price which is set by our previous distributor, we just take the distribution right back and will reset the entire line at more reasonable price. Please also dont forgot the price in U.K includes the 20% local VAT.

I believe there are currently only two gapless playback supporting UPnP control apps for the iPhone:

Kinsky - OpenHome Media (does also support standard UPnP, but isn't gapless in that mode)

and

Audionet Music Manager - standard UPnP only.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

I believe there are currently only two gapless playback supporting UPnP control apps for the iPhone:

Kinsky - OpenHome Media (does also support standard UPnP, but isn't gapless in that mode)

and

Audionet Music Manager - standard UPnP only.

I think the Arcam MusicLife App supports gapless too.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Indeed, I forgot about that app - standard UPnP, presumably? I think it was mentioned as gapless over at the MinimServer forum. Certainly worth someone testing it to confirm and adding it to the 'official' list:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/truly-gapless-digital-living-network-alliance-controllers-22398/

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Indeed, I forgot about that app - standard UPnP, presumably? I think it was mentioned as gapless over at the MinimServer forum. Certainly worth someone testing it to confirm and adding it to the 'official' list:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/truly-gapless-digital-living-network-alliance-controllers-22398/

I'll test it tomorrow ... Though not (ironically) with my Arcam which doesn't support gapless!

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

Thanks. I haven't got an iDevice to hand apart from the wife's iPad for work and I'm currently banned from tinkering with it!

-- Jo Cox

For information... The Arcam MusicLife App doesn't support gapless with my Marantz (which is gapless with other apps).

Eloise

---

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What happened to the $399 price?

Interesting what happens to our preorders at that price? Should we expect cancelations and/or asking for difference?

Kinda not nice to promise $399 and then jump to $549, what if I do not care for Tidal?

my > overly > fancy > system > with > directional > interconnects > powered > by > ego & linear fusion reactor