IGNORED

UpTone Audio REGEN Power Supply Add-On

Are you buying one?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will buy 2

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

I knew I wanted one after two days of living with the Regen.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

Jason, did you ever find out if the PS Add-on will be of any benefit to users that power their Regen with the JS-2? If so what is the answer.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Jason, did you ever find out if the PS Add-on will be of any benefit to users that power their Regen with the JS-2? If so what is the answer.

No, it wasn't answered. Guess we'll have to wait! ;-)

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

No, it wasn't answered. Guess we'll have to wait! ;-)

Then my vote will be a maybe. Though I have a feeling it will be a separate plus to the JS-2, so if I am correct then my vote is a yes.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Too soon to know for sure, so for now a maybe.

If it surprises me, like almost everone, as much as the Regen did then I surely will.

I hope it can be a product that can also be used universally perhaps even with an adjustable output voltage and if not this exact "Voldemort" product then perhaps a spin-off. :)

PS. Alex just confirmed in an other topic that it will accept any DC input between 7.5 and 12V. No more no less.

Let's try to build some facts around "Voldemort" from the breadcrumbs that Alex has left us.

So we know that it will work with the Mean Well SMPS that is included with the Regen.

Also with a Linear PSU, though it should do 2A to 3A? Just guessing on this one ... I think it was actually a 30W, 9V R-Core Linear PSU that was mentioned.

iFi iPower (? did I get the name right? the one that is a wall wart) ... not powerful enough

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

Oh .... and the release date is ... mid September ... or is that when all will be revealed about "Voldemort" ... not sure

There's a selection factor at work here. If you're even interested in reading a thread about the Regen then it's unlikely that your answer will be "no." The poll results bear that out. I have faith in Alex and John having happily purchased 2 Regens and JS-2 but I'm still in the "definitely maybe" camp until I hear more about the product, pricing, etc.

It really depends on the price of an add-on to improve the performance of the Mean Well SMPS when compared to the cost of a replacement linear power supply. I'll go one way or the other but I would just as soon keep the Mean Well as I'm damn happy with my Regen as-is and my closet is already full. ;)

Maybe it is.

Cheers,

Robin

I might as well add to the tsunami. Plus I need to release my JS2 slot for my NAS supply.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Nope. Not in the least. 180-degree different direction. Not a filter; Not a battery; Not a like anything currently available. :)

Please don't guess. Just wait and be surprised.

Thanks.

Just wait and be surprised!

That would make for a great company logo for Uptone Audio. :D

This is so typical of obsessive audiophiles (of which, I suppose, I am one). Everyone went beserk anticipating the arrival of the USB REGEN. "Mine is on the way!" "I got a shipping notice!", "I just opened the box!" "I just plugged it in!"

In no time at all, members here were falling all over themselves to praise it (me, too).

Now, just a couple of months after its introduction, it's OLD NEWS.

Now, everyone is clamoring for the arrival of the power supply add-on. "The REGEN took my system to ten. This might take it to eleven!" "If I listen real hard, I think I hear a little harshness with the naked REGEN. This is the fix!" When, when, WHEN!!

After the "Green" REGEN, this gadget should be named the "Grass is Greener P/S".

Now, just a couple of months after its introduction, it's OLD NEWS.

Now, everyone is clamoring for the arrival of the power supply add-on. "The REGEN took my system to ten. This might take it to eleven!" "If I listen real hard, I think I hear a little harshness with the naked REGEN. This is the fix!" When, when, WHEN!!

You missed a chapter: two Regens in series sound better than one too.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

To negate the negative aspects of the Mean Well SMPS,,,, me thinks maybe.:)

IF it's only on the output side of the SMPS, I can't see how it can do too much about the RF/EMI that this and most other consumer grade SMPS plugpacks dump back into the AC mains supply.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020