IGNORED

Build a Music Entertainment System. How? Inputs and suggestiones needed

Hi guys. First post here.

Looks like a good supplement to Head-Fi.Org, ComputerAudiophile.

The Software part:

Okay here goes. I have always been in need of a cool music system, built around Flac files and Windows xx. Am now running Windows 7 Ultimate.

When i think of cool entertainmentsystems i think of Digital jukeboxes with touchscreen and cool graphics and such. Also Mame frontends come to mind, like Maximus Arcade Frontend

Hyperspin

is a more cool frontend. I cant recall the name, but there is a MUCH more cool frontend out there, with great graphics and previews and such.

I found Jriver Media Center which im running atm. Seems cool, but im sure it can be improved. Thats the actual flac/mp3 player.

Does a frontend/gui(or whatever its called) exist for music playback like Radio, Youtube, Jriver musicplayer(or similar like MediaMonkey or Foobar2000), Stream like Tidal and Spotify, and such? Kodi may be the answer. But compared to a good MAME frontend how does Kodi compare?

I want it as cool as possible, with the best musical quality output. Maybe its wishful thinking.

The hardware part: Atm im running. Windows7 Jriver Media Center(and Tidal and Spotify Stream) Flac and Mp3 music - USB 2.0 - trends ud-10 Usb dac(150$) - Optical SPDIF(15$ cable) - Marantz PM6005 Stereo Amp(with a built in dac 500$) - Yamaha NS-555 Floorspeakers(300$ each 600$ Pair).

So not an expensive system by any means, but its okay. I like it atm.

I read all about Usb to Spdif converters, and I2S interface and such. Now I wonder if thats a converter i need in my system, and if the output of I2S is what I want to go for, from Dac to Amp.

What i also really want is an improved visual look, when I playback my music. Thinking about buying a touchscreen(maybe a tablet), and maybe build a computer around musical playback, a dedicated computer.

So how should I approach my musical project? Its not like people usually make a music-center with touchscreen and such, with frontend.

Here in Copenhagen Denmark I dont think you can get a custombuilt computer like that. It would be nice, to have all sorts of options and demands, and then let somebody build and configure and run support on the product. Instead I have to build everything and configure and spend a LOT of time doing that.

JRiver has both Theater Mode and, something I've not tried, Party Mode. That along with iPads + JRemote would provide a very easy interface to select tracks. I personally use an iPad + Jremote in my listening room if I turn down the lights and sink back in my chair to listen. Or, I can use my phone or that same iPad to energize my whole house system while I'm working outside, grilling, etc... It's a great system and sounds very good IMO.

You could also check out Roon, but it's more costly than JRiver and has no iOS app yet (later in summer it's set to come out). It's more for discovering your library, TIDAL integration, and suits a style of listening that is very diverse and robust.

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Holo May KTE, Benchmark LA4 preamp

SMC Audio upgraded DNA-125 Amp

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers

Vinyl rig - Schiit Sol, Nagaoka MP-500, Mod Squad PhonoDrive phono stage