IGNORED

Help Needed: Constant Buzzing/Humming from Directstream DAC Right Channel

Hi folks, I've now had PS Audio DirectStream DAC for about 4 months, and am enjoying it. However, I've recently noticed that in the absence of any music I can hear a constant soft buzzing from the right channel (speakers/headphones). There is absolutely nothing in the left channel. Only in the right side.

1. If I unplug my speaker cables from my monoblock amps the buzzing disappears: i.e., not in speakers

2. If I unplug the (XLR) interconnects between the DAC and my monoblock amps the buzzing disappears: i.e., not in the amps

3. If I unplug the USB connection between my Mac and the DS the buzzing DOES NOT disappear: i.e., not in Mac... In the DS!

4. If I swap the (XLR) interconnects between the right and the left connectors at the back of the DS the buzzing moves to the other side.

So it looks like the buzzing is coming from the RIGHT XLR connector at the back of my DS.

It's actually quite annoying as I can hear it up to 1 meter away from my right speaker, and can hear it quite distinctly in the right side of my headphones.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this buzzing?

Thanks very much for any advice!

Art

I am using a Mac Mini/Macbook, with Uptone JS-2 LPS, Regen, the DirectStream, Woo Audio WA234 Monoblock Amps, with a P10 Powerplant, and Nordost Valhalla2 power cables and XLR interconnects.

Artifex

Searching for Good Sounds in China!

Are you swapping the XLR interconnects at both the DAC and the mono-block?

I unplugged both the Left and Right DAC ends and swapped them (after which the buzzing moved from the Right to the Left speaker). Didn't swap them at the mono block amp ends... Do you think there might be a difference? Will try in the morning...

Artifex

Searching for Good Sounds in China!