IGNORED

Purchasing HiRes files from abroad

Anyone know of any good sites that offers buying DSD/FLAC files from abroad ie. outside the US? I tried to order from AcousticSounds.com and they don't allow it where I live.

I've bought from AcousticSounds from outside the US by using a US proxy server plugin in the browser.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I have been buying hirez files to download from HDtracks and Highresaudio. Also some dedicated sites allow you buy and download from everywhere, such as dead.net. I am in Ukraine.

Qobuz doesn't work for me.

There is no Qobuz in my country, but if you write them an email to their support address and ask them to open an account for you at your email address, they will. Then when you login with your email address the site thinks you are coming from France.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

There is no Qobuz in my country, but if you write them an email to their support address and ask them to open an account for you at your email address, they will. Then when you login with your email address the site thinks you are coming from France.
Oh, nice to know, thank you!

Great, why don't they all do that?

I am never disappointed with my purchases from Qobuz. Sometimes I will change the tags, but the files are generally quite good as is. I also like that I can download multiple formats (example FLAC & MP3) which means I don't have to convert a copy for portable use. Also for travel I can download the lower res files to my iPad and play them using their player (or play them directly from the Qobuz site) .

JM

Nearfield Desk System: PC with JRiver MC > Sonore microRendu > Schiit Gungnir USB DAC > 6AH4 Linestage > 6CB5A Amp  >Dave's Cables > Omega Super 3 Desktop Speakers on 1-3/4" Maple Butcher Block Table

My "Living Room" System: Sony HAP-Z1ES Player, 2 Pass Labs XA60.5 (Mids/Lows), Pass Labs XA30.5 Amp (Highs), First Watt B4 & B5 Crossovers, Nuforce MCP-18 Preamp, Oppo BDP-103D Video Player, Parasound 275v2 Amp (Center), Parasound 275v2 Amp (SL, SR) Paradigm 90P Full Range Speakers with Powered Subwoofers, Paradigm CC Center Channel, Paradigm Mini Monitor Surrounds, Sony KDL46XBR9 Monitor

From US here, Presto Classical (UK) has a lot to offer, in FLAC, and sometimes higher, except Universal, of course. ;-) Hyperion is quite good and has some excellent smaller labels. I've even been able to download FLACs from Universal, depending on how they feel at the moment. Jazz is a problem, though, very few hi-res sites offering good jazz. Suggestions would be welcome.