I wonder if someone can help me with this...

I have been playing music through a DAC connected to an Apple TV which streams my iTunes library - controlled from my phone using the Remote app. Suddenly I can no longer access the library through Remote. I can connect to the Apple TV but the library isn't recognized. I have reconnected the Apple TV to a TV and nothing has changed - the network is recognized, Home Sharing is on etc. On my iMac, Home Sharing is on.

Any ideas?

When I start the Remote.app on my iPad, I see this (one Apple TV, and the computer that hosts my library via iTunes -- which has to be open, BTW).

image_18270587551_o.png

When I tap the Apple TV icon, I see this:

image_18270576441_o.png

It displays ONLY the music I purchased via the iTunes store. If you haven't purchased any, presumably this will be blank.

I have to explicitly tap on where it says "TV-Stereo-Mini"

Once I do that, it displays all my music:

Yep, did that. It takes me to a screen where I can choose between playlists, albums, songs etc. What I notice is that the only ones that I can access are - I think - those that I have purchased through iTunes. None of the others show up.

Which brings us back to this:

When I tap the Apple TV icon, I see this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18896[/ATTACH]

It displays ONLY the music I purchased via the iTunes store. If you haven't purchased any, presumably this will be blank.

I have to explicitly tap on where it says "TV-Stereo-Mini"

Once I do that, it displays all my music:

I get a screen that says "Remote will automatically find the iTunes libraries and Apple TVs that have Home Sharing turned on using (my) Apple ID". But there's no way to "proceed" from that screen ie no OK or proceed button. And Home Sharing is on.

OK, at least I think we finally found the source of the problem. Unfortunately, I am out of ideas about how to fix it.

So it is guessing time. Hopefully others might help.

If it were me, the first thing to try would be to quit and restart iTunes, and if that doesn't work, try turning home sharing off and then on again. The second thing is to see if the home sharing library pops up on another computer, in iTunes, if you have one.

It could be an app issue... Try accessing the Apple TV from the app when connected to the TV and are certain that your music is accessible by the ATV. If it works then it could be an issue of network interference from the other location. If it doesn't it's the app. Also the menus on the app can be confusing sometimes. It could be a matter of finding the right part of your library in the app.

That is an interesting question. I moved the Apple TV and connected it to a TV. The answer is yes, I can access all of my music via the computers tab. Does that mean it's a Remote app issue?

What model Apple TV do you have? If it is one with a hard drive, the music stored on it has become useless if you are trying to use the REMOTE app. This happened more than a year ago when REMOTE was updated. The only way to use an Apple TV with a hard drive via REMOTE is as a streamer (like the new Apple TVs that don't have a hard drive). This has been my experience anyway since I own both models of Apple TV.