IGNORED

Musical Fidelity MF-200 Audiophile Stereo Headphone review

Here's a headphone I got from Musical Fidelity direct. It's quite close to neutral, with a very slight mid-bass bump, color-free midrange, and smooth treble. It is on-ear however, it has low isolation, and a fairly strong headband clamp. If you're looking for really good sound in this price tier and are OK with these features, then I'd say highly recommended. As an aside, I've been told by a couple of users that some companies who are well-regarded for speakers and other components, who make headphones for the first time, often don't get involved in the design and end up putting their brand name on an inferior headphone. Not this time.

Musical Fidelity MF-200 Audiophile Stereo Headphone review

I assume you reviewed the non-balanced version? Any comments on the balanced version and the matching V90BHA amplifier?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I assume you reviewed the non-balanced version? Any comments on the balanced version and the matching V90BHA amplifier?

I would have loved to have the balanced version with amp, but then again, I'm very lucky to have the MF-200 at all. I considered buying it to send to the U.S., but given the expense I decided not to unless there were some exceptional feature or sensational reviews. So after following it for awhile and not seeing *any* serious reviews coming out of the U.S., I implored the manufacturer to send a sample, and I'm glad they did since it looks very nice and sounds quite good. I sent them an email with links to the full review and photo and video, but haven't heard back. If they indicate that they like the review, then I'll inquire about those other items.