IGNORED

High quality AES/EBU to usb a/d INPUT portable stand alone adapter???

Hi everyone,

Seems to quite a few usb to AES/EBU output adapters on the market for DAC's

Although for a while I have been casually looking for a high quality stand alone AES/EBU to

usb powered input device for an A/D converters.

I have not found any yet, at least not for reasonable money (less than $500, preferable

even much less than that if possible unless it also includes an AES/EBU output capability as well)

Would love to be real portable and use a laptop or maybe even a phone to capture high quality

audio and not spend too much because I am taking gear to somewhat hostile environments

to record where there is a chance the gear could be destroyed.

If there is no usb powered AES/EBU to usb inputs I am open to units needing a separate power supply.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions, I am sure there has to be a bunch of people out there at least doing

high quality vinyl transfers that may need this capability that don't want to drop 2k on a Hilo to transfer

a few records?

Although for a while I have been casually looking for a high quality stand alone AES/EBU to usb powered input device for an A/D converters.

You have possibly seen the Yellowtec PUC2. The lite version does not have analogue capabilities but retains bidirectional I/O over AES and USB. MSRP is slightly below 400 EUR /500 USD. I have never owned one of these devices, but user feedback is usually positive.

Primary ::= Nabla music server | Mutec MC-3+USB w/ Temex LPFRS-01 RB clock | WLM Gamma Reference DAC; Secondary ::= Nabla music server | WaveIO | PrismSound Lyra

No, I have not seen the PUC2 lite but that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks iago!

The $800 non lite version was always what came up in the searches for me so I didn't

look much further.

Although if I understand the PUC2 specs correctly it is using up to 1000 ma of current on usb 2.0,

I would think it need a powered hub at that power draw?

It is my understanding that usb 2.0 is 500ma max.

Rossmartin Audio just got back to me and said they can customize their $87.95 bidirectional usb to spdif to accommodate AES/EBU

in/out.

Still waiting on the price. I don't imagine it will be much more as all the products on the site are bare bones units at a very reasonable cost.