IGNORED

Motherboard: does size matter?

Hi

A theoretical question: does motherboard size matter? On the one hand, smaller board means shorter connections, means less chance for distortion. On the other hand, on a bigger board, parts are further appart so there is less chance of parts influencing each other.

Does size matter? Or are other things much more important and this is way down the list of concerns for building an audio PC?

Thank you for your insights.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Hi

A theoretical question: does motherboard size matter? On the one hand, smaller board means shorter connections, means less chance for distortion. On the other hand, on a bigger board, parts are further appart so there is less chance of parts influencing each other.

Does size matter? Or are other things much more important and this is way down the list of concerns for building an audio PC?

Thank you for your insights.

The only downside of a smaller board, audio wise, is that the power delivery section is less robust, which means the power delivery will not be as smooth. There are exceptions, like ASUS' ROG Impact ITX boards, which have 8+ phases on a little riser card.

I'm parroting this information from a friend who is an audiophile. I know my computer hardware but he knows his hardware and his audio.