IGNORED

Bose QC25 willing to become wireless :)

Hi all!

First post here, so nice to meet you all :)

My dilemma is the following: I've a pair of Bose QC25 that I use for everything: phone, music listening, gaming, isolate myself from the outside world.. Everything.

I was wondering, is there a way to make them wireless and keep a decent quality?

I recently bought this: Sony SH20 which is a bluetooth device where you can plug any headphone you want, but the quality is awful!

SBH20-prodbeauty-black-82ff81f43ee9bed064bd8ac03386a5ec.jpg

Any suggestion on how to sort it out? Anyone with the same (solved) problem :)

I'd possibly need something that has a mic, or, even better, use the bose's mic!

Thanks a lot!

Lollo

The Audioengine B1 is a great solution if you don't mind carrying the little box around.

Hey Dalethorn, thanks a lot for your advise:)

As you said, the box, although quite small, could be a bit inconvenient to carry around and also I wouldn't be able to use the headphones' microphone if I read correctly the product description. :(

Hey Dalethorn, thanks a lot for your advise:)

As you said, the box, although quite small, could be a bit inconvenient to carry around and also I wouldn't be able to use the headphones' microphone if I read correctly the product description. :(

There's no practical way to convert an existing headphone to wireless, because the damping materials in the earcups of the better headphones don't allow anything to change without messing up the sound. You might consider getting a much shorter cable, a Bluetooth receiver that's small and flat, and run the short cord between the headphone and that receiver, whether it's in your pocket or a holster-like configuration. Or just get one of the Bluetooth IEMs.

There's no practical way to convert an existing headphone to wireless, because the damping materials in the earcups of the better headphones don't allow anything to change without messing up the sound. You might consider getting a much shorter cable, a Bluetooth receiver that's small and flat, and run the short cord between the headphone and that receiver, whether it's in your pocket or a holster-like configuration. Or just get one of the Bluetooth IEMs.

That's exactly what I was looking for :) A small, decent bluetooth receiver to connect via cable, which has microphone capabilities.

I don't dare to mess up the headphones components.

That's exactly what I was looking for :) A small, decent bluetooth receiver to connect via cable, which has microphone capabilities.

Here it is. I tried the prototype with iPhone 6 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors at CanJam and was shocked by how good it is.

Wireless : Noble

Or you could ditch the QC 25 and grab a pair of these.

Sanctuary with the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless M2 AEBT | InnerFidelity

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Here it is. I tried the prototype with iPhone 6 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors at CanJam and was shocked by how good it is.

Wireless : Noble

Or you could ditch the QC 25 and grab a pair of these.

Sanctuary with the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless M2 AEBT | InnerFidelity

Love you! Thanks a lot, exactly what I was looking for!

And if you say the quality is good, I fully trust you: will try it!

You really tempted me with the Momentum, but for the moment 380£ sound a bit too much, and my bose are too recent to forget how much I paid them.. LOL

EDIT: Why if I try to buy the Noble, it says pre-order? I can't even find it on Amazon.. :(

Love you! Thanks a lot, exactly what I was looking for!

And if you say the quality is good, I fully trust you: will try it!

You really tempted me with the Momentum, but for the moment 380£ sound a bit too much, and my bose are too recent to forget how much I paid them.. LOL

EDIT: Why if I try to buy the Noble, it says pre-order? I can't even find it on Amazon.. :(

Per Brannan of Noble at CanJam, the first batch of production models is sitting on the water off the coast of Southern California. There is a big backlog of ships waiting to be unloaded at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, as a result of industrial action by our local longshoremen's unions earlier this year.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to order (not pre-order) a Noble BTS about five minutes ago.

My BTS shipped yesterday. Delivery date is estimated to be Monday.

• 3 months later...

What you are looking for is the TDK Bluetooth Stereo Clip In-Ear Headset BT-100 with Built-in Microphone.

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 1.52.26 pm.pngIts tiny and should do the trick... you just need a male-male cable... and double check the pin-outs on the connector i have a feeling Bose wire their connectors differently.

If you use the supplied cable that came with the Bose QC25's it should work perfectly... although the cable is rather long.

TDK BT-100

Specifications

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Model #[/TD]

[TD]BT-100[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bluetooth Specification[/TD]

[TD]v1.2/2.0 Compliant[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]