IGNORED

Coppertino's Vox music player for Mac comes to iPhone along with the new Loop music locker

Coppertino Launches New VOX Music Player for iPhone, LOOP Music Locker With Limited Time Discount - Mac Rumors

"VOX for iPhone's key features include:

- Support for nearly all lossless (FLAC) and lossy (MP3) file formats;

- Full quality playback with no downscaling or converting;

- Proprietary BASS engine delivers crystal clear audio and even makes and MP3 sounds amazing;

- Easy iTunes integration including playlists;

- Soundcloud, Last FM and other third-party integration.

Along with the iOS app, Coppertino is also debuting its cloud-based music locker service, LOOP. LOOP is built into both the VOX Music Player for Mac and the new iOS app, offering users unlimited cloud-based storage for all of their music files. Songs stored in LOOP can be streamed in full quality to any device using the VOX Mac and iOS apps, and songs can be cached for offline playing.

Unlike many popular music lockers like iTunes Match and Google Play Music, LOOP is able to support any type of audio file, including FLAC, playing songs natively through the VOX apps with no transcoding. VOX Music Player for iOS and Mac are free, but using the LOOP cloud music storage service requires a subscription that's priced at $49.99 per year or $4.99 per month."

After reading this post I downloaded the app and was able to upload an album in 24-96 FLAC to my iPhone 6 and it sounded great. I've been using Capriccio but I like the Vox interface better. I'm curious if anyone else is listening to FLAC on their iOS devices, what app you use, have you tried this Vox app yet and what you think of their LOOP cloud service. I'm on the fence if I need to stream FLAC quality music to my mobile devices. I'm sure it's going to eat up my data plan.

Just thought I'd start a conversation and pick the collective brains out there.

• 2 weeks later...

It took about 4 days to upload my FLAC collection to Loop (219GB) and on the MacBook this week (streaming from a hotel room), they played great. Now, on the iPhone 6 Plus it's another story. The Vox app continually crashes which I'm told an update should soon correct. Once it's up and running, this should be a real solution to cloud storage and playback issues.