IGNORED

CA Dacmagic Plus LED flickering, filter stopped working

I got yday my new (amazon refurbished) DacMagic Plus and realized soon the LED "Linear" (upper one) started and did not stop flickering. After 1h of running it is dead. Pressing the button "Phase/Filter" shortly does switch between "Minimum" and "Steep" and nil but the 1st filter seems it does not exist anymore ....... what can I do (besides bringing back and ordering a different brand name)? .... Is anywhere kind of a reset button?

Thanks

I'd send it back. Call me cynical, but I always interpret 'Refurbished' as meaning that the unit was issued with a fault and somebody returned it. Looks like nobody fixed the original fault properly.

As coincidence would have it, I will be e-baying a CA DacMagic shortly, one which does work properly. :)

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

• 4 months later...

I'm on my third one of these. The audio on the first one failed after around a year, and RS replaced it.After 4 months, some of the LEDs started flickering, and over a few weeks, most of them stopped working altogether. RS replaced it again, and lent me a second hand one while their engineers checked it. One of the lights on this also flickered. They eventually decided mine was unrepairable, and replaced it again.Six weeks later, the linear light on the latest one has started flickering.Looks as if this is a common problem. A pity, because otherwise it is great value.