IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hi Tim,

here is my suggestion for obtaining data from wav files. Let’see if it is achievable.

My music collection is organized in such folder and subfolders structure:

GENRE --> ARTIST NAME --> ALBUM TITLE

In case of WAV files (or in case metadata tags are missing) is it possible to instruct the software to obtain file information from the folder structure?

This way we could get at least basic information about the file (album title, artist name and genre).

Thanks

Hi,

Sounds reasonable. I'll add to my to-do list :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Just fired up my first ever Pi with Moode and can report that it's working perfectly with a Nuforce HDP DAC via USB.

I've been listening to some web radio, airplay from my phone and files from usb thumb drive. Love having my local Radio New Zealand stations and look forward to Radioactive being added in 2.4. Also great timing for xFAT support as El Capitan has made dealing with NTFS a royal PITA.

I'll soon have my hands on a Wyred4Sound DAC-2 which I'll test with USB and then aim to try I2S over HDMI from the Pi via an Audio-gd adapter. I'll let you know how that goes.

Keep up the awesome work!

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Glad to hear that its working :-)

I'll add the Nuforce DAC to the device database.

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Sounds reasonable. I'll add to my to-do list :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hi everyone,

I would suggest that there's a way to tag wav file, I can do it with dbPoweramp software,

then tags are visible also in Windows folders.

If more info needed let me know! Hope this help

Regards,

Michele

Question: I tried to use a wi-fi dongle but it does not seem to be working with Moode on Raspberry Pi2 while it was working with RuneAudio on my previous Raspberry B+.

I checked also the model number and the firmware package seems to be in place.....

However, I probably paid the equivalent of 2$ or 3$ for it, so it's not a big deal. I spent a few hours already on this but I don't think it is worth the effort.

My question is: could anyone suggest any other wi-fi dongle which is known working with Moode on Raspberry Pi2?

I prefer buying a new one than de-bugging the old one I have....

Thanks!

Hi Tim, I just step over from Rune audio to Moode and I must say that you did a great job. One question is it possible to stream music to network speaker like Boston MC200 Air? It is DLNA- certifiedand supports airplay.

Thank you,

blooper

Hi,

Thanks for the compliment!

Moode does not have Airplay or UPnP send capability, it can only receive/render.

Regards,

Tim

Question: I tried to use a wi-fi dongle but it does not seem to be working with Moode on Raspberry Pi2 while it was working with RuneAudio on my previous Raspberry B+.

I checked also the model number and the firmware package seems to be in place.....

However, I probably paid the equivalent of 2$ or 3$ for it, so it's not a big deal. I spent a few hours already on this but I don't think it is worth the effort.

My question is: could anyone suggest any other wi-fi dongle which is known working with Moode on Raspberry Pi2?

I prefer buying a new one than de-bugging the old one I have....

Thanks!

Hi,

I've been using the EDIMax adapters without any issues.

Amazon.com: Edimax EW-7811Un 150Mbps 11n Wi-Fi USB Adapter, Nano Size Lets You Plug it and Forget it, Ideal for Raspberry Pi, Supports Windows, Mac OS, Linux: Computers & Accessories

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Moode 2.4 Test Release 4 is available for download :-)

Visit moodeaudio.org and press the TEST CODE button to select from one of the three download sites.

This test release is running latest mainline Raspbian kernel 4.1.10+ and includes custom compiled MPD version 0.19.10, updated libav-tools and many other new features, updates and fixes.

Please refer to the release notes for details.

Regards,

Tim

moode-r24-tr4.png

Hi Tim,

I have tested 2.4 test release version 4, and I cannot make it work on my pi2 with hifiberry dac+ pro. everything looks and behaves like normal, but no sound is coming out. I ran the test image from hifiberry, so I know my hardware is working. are there any volume settings I might have overlooked?

thanks,

j

Hi Tim,

I have tested 2.4 test release version 4, and I cannot make it work on my pi2 with hifiberry dac+ pro. everything looks and behaves like normal, but no sound is coming out. I ran the test image from hifiberry, so I know my hardware is working. are there any volume settings I might have overlooked?

Hi,

thanks,

j

Hi,

In Moode System config:

(1) I2S audio device set to "HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro"

(2) reboot

(3) ALSA volume (%) should have a value in the field. If its blank/disabled with a message underneath "Hardware volume controller not detected" then it could be bug in Moode.

Please let me know :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

In Moode System config:

(1) I2S audio device set to "HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro"

(2) reboot

(3) ALSA volume (%) should have a value in the field. If its blank/disabled with a message underneath "Hardware volume controller not detected" then it could be bug in Moode.

Please let me know :-)

Regards,

Tim

thanks for the fast response.

setting the alsa volume to 100 fixed it!

I did not understand the alsa volume setting, and since it said that the value was read at startup, i didn't dare to change it. :)

is it possible to not show genres in library?

is it possible to sort big and small caps together, not as it is now with big caps first then small caps? this works for albums, but not for artists.

thank you, donation coming.

j

thanks for the fast response.

setting the alsa volume to 100 fixed it!

I did not understand the alsa volume setting, and since it said that the value was read at startup, i didn't dare to change it. :)

is it possible to not show genres in library?

is it possible to sort big and small caps together, not as it is now with big caps first then small caps?

thank you, donation coming.

j

Hi,

Glad its working :-)

Volume setup can be confusing for DAC's that have onboard hardware volume controllers because there will be two volume controls present, MPD and ALSA.

For the HifiBerry DAC+ and DAC+ Pro here is the recommended volume config:

In this config, MPD will be set to use "Hardware" volume control which means that MPD will control the DAC's onboard hardware volume controller via an internal coupling between MPD and ALSA.

(1) Set MPD volume control to "Hardware" (MPD config page)

(2) Set Logarithmic curve to "Yes" (Customize popup)

(3) Set Maximum volume (%) to 81 (Customize popup) this is 0db point for this DAC

(3) Move Moode volume knob to 10 then to 0 to establish initial MPD-ALSA volume level of 0

(4) Verify ALSA volume (%) is 0 on System config page

(5) Play a radio station or song file, adjust Moode volume knob to verify things are working

If the volume increases too much in the 0-50 knob range, set Logarithmic curve to "No" in Customize popup.

Regards,

Tim

i,

I can not establish static wifi connection.

I was able to set static ip connection with eth cable, I was able to set dinamic wifi connection, but not static wifi.

Can you please give me suggestion?

Hi,

I'll have to look at code but as I recall static p address can only be set for wired connection.

Can you set a DHCP reservation for the WiFi adaptor's MAC address in your Router? That is a way to achieve a static ip address assignment.

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

I'll have to look at code but as I recall static p address can only be set for wired connection.

Can you set a DHCP reservation for the WiFi adaptor's MAC address in your Router? That is a way to achieve a static ip address assignment.

Regards,

Tim

This is how I usually do it....

Hi,

Glad its working :-)

Volume setup can be confusing for DAC's that have onboard hardware volume controllers because there will be two volume controls present, MPD and ALSA.

For the HifiBerry DAC+ and DAC+ Pro here is the recommended volume config:

In this config, MPD will be set to use "Hardware" volume control which means that MPD will control the DAC's onboard hardware volume controller via an internal coupling between MPD and ALSA.

(1) Set MPD volume control to "Hardware" (MPD config page)

(2) Set Logarithmic curve to "Yes" (Customize popup)

(3) Set Maximum volume (%) to 81 (Customize popup) this is 0db point for this DAC

(3) Move Moode volume knob to 10 then to 0 to establish initial MPD-ALSA volume level of 0

(4) Verify ALSA volume (%) is 0 on System config page

(5) Play a radio station or song file, adjust Moode volume knob to verify things are working

If the volume increases too much in the 0-50 knob range, set Logarithmic curve to "No" in Customize popup.

Regards,

Tim

after doing this, the overall volume level is very low.

after doing this, the overall volume level is very low.

Hi,

Thats odd. Should be same as the DAC+. I don't have one of these devices so its possible that its 0dB point is > 81% ALSA volume.

This can be verified by doing the following. Make sure nothing is playing !!

(1) ssh root@moode (pwd = moode)

(2) alsamixer

(3) right-cursor over to the main volume control. It should be named "Digital".

(4) up-arrow and raise the level until 0dB is displayed in the upper left of the alsa mixer screen

Let me know what the level is that yields 0dB

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Thats odd. Should be same as the DAC+. I don't have one of these devices so its possible that its 0dB point is > 81% ALSA volume.

(2) alsamixer

(4) up-arrow and raise the level until 0dB is displayed in the upper left of the alsa mixer screen

Regards,

Tim

On 0dB it reads 40. the same as the alsa volume in system config, if it matters.

j

Hi,

(2) alsamixer

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Correction. Above in bold should be "81% Maximum volume" referring to the setting under "Hardware volume control" in the Customize popup, not the ALSA slider level.

Attached is an alsamixer + Moode screen shot that represents the volume config in my earlier post for a HifiBerry DAC+. You can see that 0dB gain is reached at only 40 on the ALSA slider scale which translates to 81% max volume when Logarithmic curve setting = Yes. With this config, Knob 100 = 0dB.

The other alsamixer screen shot is for an IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ to use for comparison. Note that 0dB gain is reached at ALSA slider scale 100. The Moode settings are same as for the HifiBerry DAC+ except that Maximum volume % can be left at 100.

I'll ask Daniel (HifiBerry guy) over at the HifiBerry forum about the ALSA 0dB point for DAC+ and DAC+ Pro.

Regards,

Tim

hifiberry-dacplus-alsamixer-0db.png

iqaudio-pidacplus-alsamixer-0db.png