IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

48 minutes ago, Igor75 said:

Hi,

I see there is new version 3.6 of moode audio.

Does that mean that older versions will no longer work?

I have version 3.1, yesterday it worked fine, but today it no longer works.

You might have a bigger problem. I have 3.4 running without a problem. I also have 3.5 and 3.6 all testing. No issues. 

Hi Tim,

I remember (but don´t recall where) you posted (a long time ago) how to enable that the scrollbar at the right side of the browser (in my case Chrome) will only appear once you scroll over with the mouse pointer.

Can you pls share this again (and also how to disable it)?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

M.

I am using version 3.1 and upgraded my router from an Airport Extreme to a TPLINK AC5400. My Pi is plugged into the same cat 6 switch that the router is plugged into but now I can't use AirPlay over the router. I can see the Pi via it's IP number but not via moode.local or via AirPlay. Something must be blocking it in the router. Any thoughts?

Software: Roon [depricated: Moode Audio (http://moodeaudio.org), Audirvana Plus+]

Digital: Ayre Codex [upgrading to Ayre QX-5 Twenty]; Oppo UDP-205; [depricated: Raspberry Pi 2 with Hifiberry Digi+];  Synology Diskstation 412+ NAS;  Tidal

Preamplification: Ayre KX-5 Twenty;  Amplification: Ayre VX-5 Twenty; Speakers: Vandersteen 5A 

Analog: Clearaudio Performance DC, Concept tonearm, Artist v2 ebony cartridge, Ayre P-5xe, Nakamichi 630 (Tuner… just for fun)

Cables: Audioquest Aspen for speakers, otherwise Anti-cables throughout (except Audioquest running from P-5xe to K-5xeMP) 

On 5/19/2017 at 2:36 AM, marflao said:

Hi Tim,

I remember (but don´t recall where) you posted (a long time ago) how to enable that the scrollbar at the right side of the browser (in my case Chrome) will only appear once you scroll over with the mouse pointer.

Can you pls share this again (and also how to disable it)?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

M.

Hi,

I think the scrollbar settings are at the url  chrome://flags

-Tim

1 hour ago, intermediatic said:

I am using version 3.1 and upgraded my router from an Airport Extreme to a TPLINK AC5400. My Pi is plugged into the same cat 6 switch that the router is plugged into but now I can't use AirPlay over the router. I can see the Pi via it's IP number but not via moode.local or via AirPlay. Something must be blocking it in the router. Any thoughts?

Hi,

I'd ask on the TPLINK support forum. Maybe their firmware has bug thats causing Airplay packets to be blocked.

-Tim

Hi,

MoOde release 3.7 is available at moodeaudio.org. This is a free upgrade for existing product key holders and is available as both a downloadable image and an in-place update for previous 3.6 release.

If you are currently running release 3.5 then install 3.5 -> 3.6 update, reboot then install 3/6 -> 3.7 update. Don't forget to VIEW the update instructions and as always -- BACKUP your SD card before installing in-place updates.

This release has important bug fixes and updates. Refer to the release notes below for details.

Enjoy!

-Tim

=============================
3.7 Release 2017-05-25
=============================

New features

- NEW: Silver color theme

Updates

- UPD: Validate "Source name" on NAS config
- UPD: Validate "Save playlist" on Playback panel
- UPD: Increase msg duration for several update jobs
- UPD: Improve playlist click logic
- UPD: Improve logic for show/hide wifi-bt setting
- UPD: Add show/hide logic for Max USB current setting
- UPD: Cleanup names in audiodev table
- UPD: Add validation to Software update
- UPD: Set systemd default to multi-user.target
- UPD: Bump font size on playlist active

Radio Stations

- NEW: JB Radio2 (320K)
- NEW: The Finest Amsterdam
- UPD: Ambient Sleeping Pill
- UPD: EuropaJazzRadio - 88.3 Smooth Jazz HD
- UPD: EuropaJazzRadio - The Sound of Jazz
- UPD: La Premiere
- UPD: Mad Music Asylum
- UPD: Musiq 3
- UPD: Radio X Brussels
- UPD: Rinse FM
- UPD: Smooth Jazz Global Radio
- UPD: SomehowJazz
- UPD: Triple J Unearthed
- UPD: Triple J
- UPD: UCFM
- UPD: WFMT
- UPD: WRTI Philadelphia 90.1 - Classical
- UPD: WRTI Philadelphia 90.1 - Jazz
- UPD: Spelling of Buddha Radio
- DEL: Classic and Jazz
- DEL: AddictedToRadio - Blues Classics
- DEL: The Ann Channel Detroit
- DEL: FARPASTPOST - Post Rock Radio
- DEL: FM 106 - Canada's Classic Rock
- DEL: KWAX Classic
- DEL: Phases Radio
- DEL: Radio Monte Carlo - RMC1
- DEL: Rock FM

Bug fixes

- FIX: Audioinfo DSD input/decode rates
- FIX: MPD output thread priority
- FIX: Library sort double-byte characters
- FIX: Logic in GetMixerName for USB DAC's
- FIX: Missing values in reset Network cfg

moode-r37.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello CA community, hello Moode users, 

I've been successfully using Moode for over past 6 months (last version: 3.1) w/o any issues. 

Couple days back the system crashed. (power shortage during update), so was getting "kernel panic" on boot. 

Now I'm trying to install it back (lastest 3.7 version). All works just fine until I ssh into the system and attempt to upgrade. Most packages gets updated, but nginx-common reports error and evantually Pi freezes on reboot. 

That was never the case with 3.1 version. 

Could anyone try to help me setting my audio server up ?

thanks, 

Phil. 

6 hours ago, yara said:

Hello CA community, hello Moode users, 

I've been successfully using Moode for over past 6 months (last version: 3.1) w/o any issues. 

Couple days back the system crashed. (power shortage during update), so was getting "kernel panic" on boot. 

Now I'm trying to install it back (lastest 3.7 version). All works just fine until I ssh into the system and attempt to upgrade. Most packages gets updated, but nginx-common reports error and evantually Pi freezes on reboot. 

That was never the case with 3.1 version. 

Could anyone try to help me setting my audio server up ?

thanks, 

Phil. 

tim started charging $10 for moode as of v3.7.  did you buy a license?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

@jcn3 

yup, I noticed that. I was a bit surprised, but I got used to moode and still consider it as best fit for my needs. Yes, I did purchased licence. I think it's worth it. 

Anyway, after diging a while I found solution. I noticed, that /var/www is squashfs mount, hence problems with write permission were obvious. The solution was to comment out this mount in fstab, update and uncomment back (with reboots in between). Now my machine is up and running :) 

@Tim - Thanks. Great job with Moode.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

I already asked in post from november 8, 2016.

I wanted to browse DLNA server via Moode Player without NAS/SAM/CIFS share.

I think since the DLNA controller can do the job, why is this not possible to do it with moodeOs?

the quoted text shows your answer:

On 8.11.2016 at 1:04 PM, TimCurtis said:

Hi,

Moode is based on MPD (Music Player Daemon) and I have not compiled it with the enable-upnp option which I believe would support browsing UPNP/DLNA databases. See article below.

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/pages/mpd-upnp.html

Maybe in one of the 3.x releases I'll add this option to MPD.

-Tim

Any news on that feature?

(my current used version is 3.7)

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mortsnets said:

I think only Firefox supports the the decoding of the BBC3 lossless audio stream within mp4.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/taster/projects/radio-3-concert-sound2

Apparently others have made the above link I posted work in VLC, however only in the VLC 3.0.0 "overnights builds" which are apparently unstable beta or experimental versions of VLC proper.

But whatever that means with regard to VLC, it obviates the need for Firefox.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

12 hours ago, Gustav9 said:

For technical background see the BBC R&D blog "Delivering Concert Sound"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/blog/2017-04-radio-3-high-quality-flac-dash

Yes and I did see mention in that blog post of this working on a Raspberry Pi, though other details on that were largely missing except to say they made mention of something called GStreamer. 

I am happy enough to access this stream using Firefox 51+, or even better sounding in my opinion through VLC 3.0.0.

But with that VLC "nightly build" I am not able to get any UPnP Renderers recognized, it sees my Server only, but not my Renderers.

So I'm back to holding some hope that Moode could use the link I provided to in some way offer this lossless BBC 3 stream as a radio station.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Hi,

Apparently BBC is using MPEG-DASH as the streaming format for this broadcast and DASH is not supported in the version (11.9) of the libav package thats included in Raspbian Jessie. 

libav version 12 includes DASH but I don't see version 12 in any of the Raspbian/Debian repos passed Jessie. It looks like the Debian package maintainers for libav have not updated it. Odd.

Here are some useful links:

https://libav.org/releases/libav-12.1.changelog
https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/libav

-Tim

@TimCurtis -- just bought Moode and installed 3.7 over the weekend on my RPi3.  What a nice piece of software!  Congratulations on the great work!  Currently using it as a renderer but really like the list of radio stations included in the application.

Only suggestion I would make is that the setup guide needs to be more clear that initial setup has to be done via AP mode (connecting wirelessly via Moode SSID).  I initially tried to connect via ethernet, but it appears that the ethernet is not available until you go in and specify a SSID (not blank), disabling AP mode.

Thanks again.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

@TimCurtis When I first powered up the RPi, I used Ethernet. Couldn't access it, so checked the router and it didn't appear under attached devices. Rebooted a few times, but still no luck.

When I connected in AP mode with the Ethernet still connected, there was a message below DHCP saying not connected or not in use or something like that. Put in an SSID and the problem went away.

Now operating happily with static address using the same Ethernet cable!