IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Tim,

So far your audio player is working great on my RPi3. Only problem is I don't use it very often (maybe 1 time per week or less). It appears to disconnect from my network when not in use. To get it back online I disconnect the power to my RPi3, reconnect the power and then it appears in my router network map and JRMC22. Is there some way I can stop it from dropping the wifi connection when not in use?

Thank you in advance.

Brad

Tim,

So far your audio player is working great on my RPi3. Only problem is I don't use it very often (maybe 1 time per week or less). It appears to disconnect from my network when not in use. To get it back online I disconnect the power to my RPi3, reconnect the power and then it appears in my router network map and JRMC22. Is there some way I can stop it from dropping the wifi connection when not in use?

Thank you in advance.

Brad

Hi Brad,

As a reference, several of my Pi's are typically idle for long periods of time (one to two weeks) and no issues.

To troubleshoot an issue like this where the failure-mode occurs infrequently you would need to check logs on Router, JRMC, PC and Raspberry Pi and look for errors that correlate to the time that the failure occurs.

-Tim

Since yesterday I have the m2tech Evo DAC Two Plus for testing and I see that it doesn't connect with the Moode in USB, even though it is supposed to work with Linux.

It doesn't show at all on Moode MPD config menu!

Has anyone use this DAC with Rpi3/Moode?

May be a firmware update that the test unit I have does not have? Don't know...

It sounds quite good connected to my Mac! A very interesting little DAC with many upgrades (clock, PS)!

Hi,

Try dpkg -l | grep alsa-utils

-Tim

Thank you very much Tim!

The problem is I don't know how to give this order!

I am very new to all this Linux world and I have to learn (too) many things

Is there a program that connects to the rasp in order to give those orders?

Sorry but.....

Regarding the connection with the above mentioned DAC.

In Moode finally I managed to make it connect but it plays correctly only 44,1 files.

Everything above is played in a somehow slower way!

I also tried Volumio which after some trial and error played correctly and also Rune that instantly recognised the DAC with it's "Name" and it was instantly available as an output device and it works OK too!

Do you think that it might be a workarownd to the synergy with Moode?

May be if I go to the advanced kernel?

Something else?

In the manual of the DAC it is mentioned that the ALSA release should be 1.0.24 or later in order for the DAC to work with Linux. I am just mentioning this just in case it has something to do with the problem!

Thank you again!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Well yes ... With the advanced kernel the DAC works fine with Moode!

Foolish me I didn't try it earlier!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

It might be your router removes the Rpi3's DNS entry after a period of inactivity; mine does after a day...

You could log into your router to check; or just open moode's web page on your pi everyday or so.

If this is the problem; you can write whats known as a 'cronjob' on your pi to 'ping' something on the network; say Google every X number of hours...

Can't quite do this of the top or my head; but it would be best to test whether this is the problem first anyway.

Best wishes!

Tim,

Thank you in advance.

Brad

Hi all,

I am new to this, but I like your software very much, Tim. The only thing that I can't get my finger on, is that I can't get a console screen in the HDMI-port of the RPi-2. I get it during boot if I change the config.txt. But it disappears just right after boot. What to do for a definitive solution (hdmi console remains on).

Thanx, and keep up the good work.

Frank

Hi all,

I am new to this, but I like your software very much, Tim. The only thing that I can't get my finger on, is that I can't get a console screen in the HDMI-port of the RPi-2. I get it during boot if I change the config.txt. But it disappears just right after boot. What to do for a definitive solution (hdmi console remains on).

Thanx, and keep up the good work.

Frank

Moode is designed to run headless. You access Moode via browser on another computer at http://moode.local

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
Hi jcn3,

I'm aware of that. I just want to get the console on my HDMI-screen, instead of via ssh.

Frank

Have you tried 'control + alt + F1' to get a console?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > 2Qute+MCRU psu; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

Hi Tim.

I've been using Moode on Rpi3 successfully with my Oppo HA-2 headphone USB DAC. However today I tried connecting it to my Rotel RDD-06 DAC, which uses a Wolfson chip, and moode did not recognize the external USB device. I've tried activating the UAC2 fix but still no DAC visible on moode.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Hi,

I tried implement update function in System, but it says 2.7 is up to date.

I am wondering is it possible to upgrade from 2.7 to 3.1 through SSH without loosing library and playlists?

I have read Setup Guide, but it covers first time install and configuration only.

Thanks,

Mario

Hi,

I tried implement update function in System, but it says 2.7 is up to date.

I am wondering is it possible to upgrade from 2.7 to 3.1 through SSH without loosing library and playlists?

I have read Setup Guide, but it covers first time install and configuration only.

Thanks,

Mario

Hi Mario,

Moode 3.1 is image only due to increase in root partition size.

-Tim

I finally got around to selecting the Collybia MamboBerry LS DAC+ for a build using the MoodeCase enclosure, and 5v iPower.

Running Moode 3.1 as a UPnP renderer this combination is producing truly high-end sound quality at a crazy low cost:

P2200945.jpg

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

I finally got around to selecting the Collybia MamboBerry LS DAC+ for a build using the MoodeCase enclosure, and 5v iPower.

Running Moode 3.1 as a UPnP renderer this combination is producing truly high-end sound quality at a crazy low cost:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33394[/ATTACH]

Nice!

The Mambo LS is just great :-)

-Tim

Hi,

When you have an external volume control there are two configs:

A) If you are going to exclusively use the physical volume control on the Amp then set MPD volume control to "disabled". This results in MPD outputting 0dB (full volume).

B) If you are going to exclusively use Moode volume knob then configure as follows:

- Set MPD volume control to "Hardware"

- In the Customize screen set Logarithmic curve to "Yes"

Calibrate the audio system for max volume:

1) Turn the volume control on the Amp to 0 (no volume)

2) Turn Moode volume knob up to 100 (full volume)

3) Play a track that represents the type of music you most often listen to

4) Turn the Amp volume knob up until the music reaches the loudest level you would ever listen at.

5) Turn Moode volume knob down to normal listening level

Calibrating volume in this way ensures that there will be no audible distortion that can result from attenuating Moode/DAC hardware volume.

-Tim

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

So, there is no way to manually preserve library and playlists (like saving them before flashing card and them save them back later)?

If you're comfortable with the Linux command line and have a USB card reader, you can. Keep the card with the old Moode version, flash the new version of Moode onto another SD card. Then use the USB card reader plugged into the Pi with the old card in it, and copy what you wanted to save to the new card.

Even if you don't want to copy anything from the old card to the new, I still think it makes sense to use different cards for the new and old releases so that you can easily revert if anything goes wrong. 8gb micro SD cards cost very little these days.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > 2Qute+MCRU psu; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

Hello Tim. If you are looking for beta testers, I am open for it.

I am experienced with Linux.

Just curious... There is no plans for a spotify client integration with your build in the near future?

Thanks!

Hi,

There are some volume issues that need to get resolved before I can look at integrating it into Moode. Main issue is that it sets the client volume to 100% on initial connect.

https://github.com/plietar/librespot/issues/150

-Tim

Very interesting!

is the noise for DoP through I2S issue (using the advanced kernel) on the fixed issues list?

Great to see support for the Piano, do we use the same settings for the Kali reclocker board?

Hi,

Next release of Moode will raise the bar for audio quality and include a fully integrated REAL-TIME Advanced Audio Kernel supporting the latest I2S drivers from Allo (Piano | Boss) and many other nice features and improvements.

Get ready for SMP PREEMPT RT :-)

-Tim

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice around DACs and whether it's worth the investment in my case. :)

I'm thinking of equipping my RPi1B with a DAC.. but I wonder how much I can gain, given that the quality produced by the sound system is only as good as its weakest link. I do have some better BOSE Speakers, but I'm not quite sure how good my amp is. :) Right now, I'm running a pretty cheap Speedlink USB sound card. I think, Vigo is the model name (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0042RUGLK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It's noticably better than the onboard sound output, but that's easy. ;)

And which DAC would you guys recommend to equip a RPi 1B with?

From searching around the net, I'm beginning to get the impression that that the 1B is quite 'old' already and many of the DACs currently available out there are (no longer) compatible. Correct?

The only one compatible I've found so far is the HiFiBerry DAC (https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/boards/hifiberry-dac-rca/).

Did I miss any other compatible DAC?

I still like the 'old' guy and wouldn't like to retire it already... but are there any trade-offs to be made when running a DAC on the 1B rather than a newer version like the 3B? I would be a bit surprised if there are (given that everything is digital even in the 1B), but maybe I'm missing something. :)

Thanks much & Cheers!

Jonas

Hi all, hi Tim

I really like moode so that I made a donation to promote developement. I have an Raspberry PI3 and an usb HDD with my music files. I tried to copy the music files with FTP client (Filezilla) from my Mac to RPI3 directly but with user "pi" don't work! I receive an error message "open for write: permission denied". I tried to logon with "root" but I don't know the password. Is there a way to do this with FTP? If not, were is the correct manner to do this?

(Sorry for my bad english!)

Thank a lot!

Andrea