IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Yes.

At the moment I browse by folder. I organized all files by genre, then by artist, then by album

Thanks, I have 5120 wav tracks and thankfully had them well indexed on the external hard drive, so its OK to load them from the browser. The library is a waste of space for me.

Its Moode 2.4

I turn the ALSA to 100% and hit SET.

When I turn the RPi off and on again the ALSA has reset to 48%

This is my DAC

http://http://www.russandrews.com/rave-1-usb-mercury/

Hi,

The link seems to be broken and never displays a web page for me.

If audio device has on-board hardware volume controller and MPD is configured to use Hardware volume control, MPD volume will be coupled to ALSA volume. You could manually set ALSA volume in System config to another value but it will be overridden whenever volume knob is bumped.

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

The link seems to be broken and never displays a web page for me.

If audio device has on-board hardware volume controller and MPD is configured to use Hardware volume control, MPD volume will be coupled to ALSA volume. You could manually set ALSA volume in System config to another value but it will be overridden whenever volume knob is bumped.

Regards,

Tim

The USB does have a volume control, so that must be what's messing it up.

Here is the link again, but I think its the same. You could Google 'Russ Andrews Rave'

Russ Andrews 2015 - Connect With Your Music

The USB does have a volume control, so that must be what's messing it up.

Here is the link again, but I think its the same. You could Google 'Russ Andrews Rave'

Russ Andrews 2015 - Connect With Your Music

Hi Russ,

I'd recommend trying Moode 2.5 test release 1 (TR1) download from TEST CODE button at moodeaudio.org. This release includes automatic volume config for ALSA when on-board hardware volume controller exists on DAC.

Here are the automated MPD and ALSA volume configs when applying any of the 3 MPD volume control settings:

(1) disabled

- Moode knob grayed out and disabled

- MPD internally outputs 100% volume (0dB)

- ALSA volume set to 100% (0dB)

(2) Software

- Moode knob set to 0

- MPD volume set to 0

(3) Hardware

- Moode knob set to 0

- MPD volume set to 0

- ALSA volume set to 0

Regards,

Tim

Hi Russ,

I'd recommend trying Moode 2.5 test release 1 (TR1) download from TEST CODE button at moodeaudio.org. This release includes automatic volume config for ALSA when on-board hardware volume controller exists on DAC.

Here are the automated MPD and ALSA volume configs when applying any of the 3 MPD volume control settings:

(1) disabled

- Moode knob grayed out and disabled

- MPD internally outputs 100% volume (0dB)

(2) Software

- Moode knob set to 0

- MPD volume set to 0

(3) Hardware

- Moode knob set to 0

- MPD volume set to 0

- ALSA volume set to 0

Regards,

Tim

I guess that message was meant for me and not Russ Andrews.

I will give it a go

Thanks Chris

Hi,

Just a brief update :-)

(1) Moode 2.5 release changed from Jan to Feb 2016 due to work shifting to Moode Case prototypes.

(2) Additional metadata included in currentsong.txt lcd interface file

* existing

artist: Emily Remler

album: East To Wes

title: Snowfall

coverurl: /coverart.php/USB%2FMusic%2FEmily%20Remler%2FEast%20To%20Wes%2F02%20Snowfall.m4a

* new

track: 2/8

date: 2008

composer: Claude Thornhill

encoded: 16/44.1

volume: 40

mute: 0

(3) New setting in System config to turn on/off LCD updater engine. The engine will run a user defined Python script whenever currentsong.txt changes.

(4) Investigating local language support for the UI :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hello,

In my configuration moode with raspberry pi2 is always ON. I'm turning OFF DAC and from time to time, also computer with shared music files (OFF or hibernate).

After turning on DAC and computer I can play moOde radio without problems. But I can't play anything from computer shared files (SMB/CIFS). I can browse files, choose album, hit "play" and hear silence. Then moode is non responding. I have to OFF and ON RPI2 and then everything is working (radio and files). What can be the problem? Do you think that moode is loosing connection to computer files? Do you think that NAS can help to solve such problems?

It's annoying when I would like to listen to the music and instead have to troubleshot...

Hello,

In my configuration moode with raspberry pi2 is always ON. I'm turning OFF DAC and from time to time, also computer with shared music files (OFF or hibernate).

After turning on DAC and computer I can play moOde radio without problems. But I can't play anything from computer shared files (SMB/CIFS). I can browse files, choose album, hit "play" and hear silence. Then moode is non responding. I have to OFF and ON RPI2 and then everything is working (radio and files). What can be the problem? Do you think that moode is loosing connection to computer files? Do you think that NAS can help to solve such problems?

It's annoying when I would like to listen to the music and instead have to troubleshot...

Hi,

Try Moode 2.5 test release 1 (TR1) download listed under TEST CODE button at moodeaudio.org

This release includes USB hotplug.

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Here are some screenshots of a few more new features in Moode 2.5 :-)

(1) LCD Update Engine

This feature provides an inotifywait based engine that runs a user specified Python script whenever Moode UI changes. The script simply needs to parse the file /var/www/currentsong.txt to obtain the information below, then update the LCD panel.

- artist

- album

- title

- coverart url

- track x of y

- date

- composer

- encoded: (ex: 16/44.1)

- volume

- mute

(2) Resume After Airplay

This feature restores Moode volume after Airplay session ends, then begins playback.

Regards,

Tim

moode-r25-cfg-lcdupdate.png

moode-r25-cfg-rsmaftersps.png

Here are some screenshots of a few more new features in Moode 2.5 :-)

(1) LCD Update Engine

This feature provides an inotifywait based engine that runs a user specified Python script whenever Moode UI changes. The script simply needs to parse the file /var/www/currentsong.txt to obtain the information below, then update the LCD panel.

Hi Tim,

this means that moode audio has "plug and play" feature for LCD display?

if I connect a display and I set display LCD engine ON, the display starts to work without writing anything?

Hi Tim,

this means that moode audio has "plug and play" feature for LCD display?

if I connect a display and I set display LCD engine ON, the display starts to work without writing anything?

Hi,

Not yet. The engine is first step in automating a particular family of 4x20 LCD displays based on widely used Hitachi HD44780 LCD controller. User still has to write Python script that updates the display. There are many script examples on the net.

I have one of the displays so eventually I'll test a config and bundle a default Python script with Moode :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hello,

I installed Moode 2.5 TR2. Thanks for that added DAC Suptronics X400.

When you select it from the list of DAC everything works normally, but on the tab "Audio info"

chip appears as "Burr Brown PCM1794A", although in the DAC is installed PCM5122.

And another question on LCD. Only supported 4004 or others too? For example 2402?

Hello,

I installed Moode 2.5 TR2. Thanks for that added DAC Suptronics X400.

When you select it from the list of DAC everything works normally, but on the tab "Audio info"

chip appears as "Burr Brown PCM1794A", although in the DAC is installed PCM5122.

And another question on LCD. Only supported 4004 or others too? For example 2402?

Hi,

I'll update the device database for the x400, thanks.

The LCD updater engine in Moode provides the event loop for running a user written Python script whenever Moode UI changes state. Enhanced metadata and volume level from Moode UI are available to the Py script in /var/www/currentsong.txt file.

Python script would be responsible for outputting text to a particular LCD.

Regards,

Tim