IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

On 0dB it reads 40. the same as the alsa volume in system config, if it matters.

j

Hi,

Yes that is same ALSA level as for DAC+. What are the levels for the two Analog volume controls (the first two sliders in alsamixer) ?

According to HifiBerry, for DAC+ the first should be 100 and the second should be 0.

For comparison, IQaudIO specified that the two analog volumes are both to be set at 100.

Regards,

TIm

Hi,

Correction. Above in bold should be "81% Maximum volume" referring to the setting under "Hardware volume control" in the Customize popup, not the ALSA slider level.

Attached is an alsamixer + Moode screen shot that represents the volume config in my earlier post for a HifiBerry DAC+. You can see that 0dB gain is reached at only 40 on the ALSA slider scale which translates to 81% max volume when Logarithmic curve setting = Yes. With this config, Knob 100 = 0dB.

The other alsamixer screen shot is for an IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ to use for comparison. Note that 0dB gain is reached at ALSA slider scale 100. The Moode settings are same as for the HifiBerry DAC+ except that Maximum volume % can be left at 100.

I'll ask Daniel (HifiBerry guy) over at the HifiBerry forum about the ALSA 0dB point for DAC+ and DAC+ Pro.

Regards,

Tim

the values are as you describe. I will check more music and settings tomorrow. looking forward to the clarification from Daniel.

thanks for all your help,

j

the values are as you describe. I will check more music and settings tomorrow. looking forward to the clarification from Daniel.

thanks for all your help,

j

Hi,

In the meantime, to compensate for "low overall volume", set Max volume % to 100 in Moode Customize. This will allow ALSA volume up to 100 which will show +24 dB gain !!

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

In the meantime, to compensate for "low overall volume", set Max volume % to 100 in Moode Customize. This will allow ALSA volume up to 100 which will show +24 dB gain !!

Regards,

Tim

All is good now. maybe it was me being tired, maybe it was something technical. whatever it was, it works as expected now.

thanks again,

j

All is good now. maybe it was me being tired, maybe it was something technical. whatever it was, it works as expected now.

thanks again,

j

Hi,

Thats good to hear :-)

Are you using the afore mentioned config (MPD Hdwr vol, Log curve Yes, Max vol 81%)?

There are a couple of other users that are going to be setting up the Pro this weekend with those settings.

Regards,

Tim

yes :)

Excellent.

According to HifiBerry, the DAC+ Pro operates PCM5122 chip in "master mode" which allows i2s signal from the Pi to be re-clocked so that fractional and integer sample rates are processed by their own precision clocks on the Pro independent of Pi. This approach should reduce jitter :-)

Question I have is whether there are any audio glitches (pop, tick, etc) when switching between clocks. For example when 16/44.1 track ends and a 24/96 track begins.

Regards,

Tim

Question I have is whether there are any audio glitches (pop, tick, etc) when switching between clocks. For example when 16/44.1 track ends and a 24/96 track begins.

hmm, I feel like I'm getting a little bit of bit-envy. all my files are 16 bit (44.1). I downloaded a 24/96 file, but it does not appear anywhere in moode.

How does moode handle the fact that I have songs in a mp3 source that also exists in a flac source? they do not show twice in the library...

j

hmm, I feel like I'm getting a little bit of bit-envy. all my files are 16 bit (44.1). I downloaded a 24/96 file, but it does not appear anywhere in moode.

How does moode handle the fact that I have songs in a mp3 source that also exists in a flac source? they do not show twice in the library...

j

Hi,

Press UPDATE MPD DB from the Moode Source config screen. This will add the new file(s) to MPD database and they will appear in Browse and Library panels.

Which one shows up in Library, the flac or the mp3 song file? You can determine the file type by adding the song to the Playlist, start play back, then open the Audio Info popup. It will show the file type at the top.

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

I have the following problem:

it happened to me recently that I can manage the mpd server from Android app (port 6600), but I can no longer access the http server from the browser.

What could be causing this?

Thanks!

Hi,

(1) Does the Browser display an error page?

(2) Does issue still occur after rebooting Pi?

Regards,

Tim

the browser shows me the error 404, and restarting does not change anything..

I do not know if it's a coincidence, but the problem occurred after changing /etc/network/interfaces, to set a static IP:

auto wlan0

allow-hotplug wlan0

iface wlan0 inet static

address 192.168.0.23

netmask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.1

nameserver 192.168.0.1

wpa-ssid "..."

wpa-psk "..."

using netstat port 80 is open and listening ...

the browser shows me the error 404, and restarting does not change anything..

I do not know if it's a coincidence, but the problem occurred after changing /etc/network/interfaces, to set a static IP:

auto wlan0

allow-hotplug wlan0

iface wlan0 inet static

address 192.168.0.23

netmask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.1

nameserver 192.168.0.1

wpa-ssid "..."

wpa-psk "..."

using netstat port 80 is open and listening ...

What I do to achieve static ip addressing is configure a DHCP reservation in the Router for the MAC address of the eth or wifi adapter in the Pi. Most/many routers will automatically update their DNS with the host name of the Pi when the ip address is assigned. This will allow the name to be resolved on the network.

I think if u set a static address manually on the Pi then u would need to manually configure your router in some way so that the host name "moode" can be resolved to the static ip address.

Regards,

Tim

even then I get the error 404

Hi,

I just tested setting static ip for LAN (eth0) using the UI and no issues.

Examining the network config code for the UI, it only supports static address for LAN (eth0). There is no support in the code or UI for WLAN (wlan0) static address.

Not sure why the manual config of etc/network/interfaces is not working but here is what the default file looks like after filling out the fields in UI for WLAN.

===================

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto wlan0

iface wlan0 inet dhcp

wireless-power off

wpa-ssid YOUR-SSID

wpa-psk YOUR-PASSWORD

auto eth0

iface eth0 inet dhcp

===================

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

I changed the interface in this way, and now the UI also works with static IP

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto wlan0

iface wlan0 inet static

address 192.168.0.23

netmask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.1

nameserver 192.168.0.1

wpa-ssid "..."

wpa-psk "..."

auto eth0

iface eth0 inet dhcp

Thanks

Hi,

after installing 2.4 release I noticed one thing not working correctly using the web UI from my android device (browser chrome for android).

While playing a file, the red circle indicating elapsed time goes forward correctly.

If I switch off and after a while switch on again the display of my android device, the red circle is still at the same point, while the time in numbers is updated correctly

Hi,

I changed the interface in this way, and now the UI also works with static IP

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto wlan0

iface wlan0 inet static

address 192.168.0.23

netmask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.1

nameserver 192.168.0.1

wpa-ssid "..."

wpa-psk "..."

auto eth0

iface eth0 inet dhcp

Thanks

Hi,

Glad its working :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

after installing 2.4 release I noticed one thing not working correctly using the web UI from my android device (browser chrome for android).

While playing a file, the red circle indicating elapsed time goes forward correctly.

If I switch off and after a while switch on again the display of my android device, the red circle is still at the same point, while the time in numbers is updated correctly

Hi,

I've seen this behavior on all Browsers where the timer knob progress ring sometimes does not automatically update in certain scenarios.

I've looked at the code and can't find anything odd.

Try "Refresh" from Moode Menu, or Browser refresh. This should cause the knob to update.

Regards,

Tim

Hi thanks for your reply. Will it be possible in the future to have send capabilities?

Keep up the good work. :-)

Regards,

Ron.

Having Airplay send integrated into MPD would be killer app for multi room audio since we would have local MPD playback in sync with Airplay receivers using Mike Brady's awesome shairport-sync.

Maybe a dev somewhere will be inspired to develop the sender for MPD.

Regards,

Tim